Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] Disgaea 5 ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Sweet! XD
    Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...-playstation-4
    Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/02...e-game-series/

At Sony’s pre-TGS press conference today, Disgaea 5 was revealed. It will be coming to PlayStation 4 in 2015.

Unfortunately, little else is known about Disgaea 5 at the present time. The game was confirmed to be in development as far back as early 2012, and many assumed it would ultimately be a PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita game, with NIS noting that it intended to continue focusing on those platforms.

Disgaea 5 will be the first game in the core Disgaea series since Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten launched on PS3 in 2011, a game we really enjoyed. It recently migrated to PlayStation Vita in the form of Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited; we hope to have a review of that up soon.

In the meantime, we'll keep you updated with any further developments on Disgaea 5, including confirmation that it will eventually launch in the west.
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2014-09-02 at 01:35 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disgaea 5’s story will have the theme of “revenge” and will also have more volume than previous Disgaea games. There will be new systems as well.
    The protagonist’s name is Kilia, a young demon boy who swears to get revenge against the demon emperor Void Dark. The heroine, named Seraphine, is a demon lord of the “Gorgeous Underworld,” and is the well-brought-up daughter of an upper-class family.
    There’s also Usalia, who is the demon lord of some place called “Rabbit Rabbit World,” and has been affected by some curse that makes her go violent unless she eats curry.
    The magazine report also has some quotes from Nippon Ichi president Sohei Niikawa, who stated ,“We thought about going multi-platform with PlayStation 3, but doing so would’ve made the PS3 the standard. Since we’re making it, I want to be able to offer something that could only be done with the PlayStation 4.”
    Another quote from Niikawa says: “The number of characters that can be displayed at once has vastly grown. On the PlayStation 3 it was limited to 10 characters shown in high definition, but the PlayStation 4 can display 100 characters.”.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was so sure the main character was a tomboy. Shit. Seraphine sounds like Rozalin, which is good. I always liked her.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Story i believe
    The strongest and worst demon emperor, Void Dark… since his rise to power, he has devastated many Netherworlds, along with the help of his large, brutal, and heartless army known as Lost. It is rumored that they have over 10 billion soldiers, too.
    It seemed like no one could possibly stand against them, and it didn’t even seem like there existed someone bold enough to do so in the Netherworld…
    However, the Netherworlds are large. Demons that have held a grudge against Void Dark and his underlings have quietly began to stand up, in order to get revenge.
    The stage of Disgaea 5 is set in numerous Netherworlds, where demon lords of their own Netherworlds will gather together, to stand against the powerful Void Dark and his subordinates. However, here will be new battle and growth systems, in addition to additional rules which will be revealed in the near future. The above image gives us a look at one of the said features, with what looks to be a new “Revenge” status.

I love me some Disgaea! One of the most underrated game series.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    There’s also Usalia, who is the demon lord of some place called “Rabbit Rabbit World,” and has been affected by some curse that makes her go violent unless she eats curry.
    Only in Disgaea.

Is it bad that I'm looking forward to see the random name generator for minions? I remember my friends getting gems like "Soup of the Day" and "8x11 printing paper".

I just gotta get a PS4 before it comes out now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Only in Disgaea.

Is it bad that I'm looking forward to see the random name generator for minions? I remember my friends getting gems like "Soup of the Day" and "8x11 printing paper".

I just gotta get a PS4 before it comes out now...
    Yea same here havent gotten a ps4 yet since no jrpgs out

Yea same here havent gotten a ps4 yet since no jrpgs out
    I haven't gotten one because college loves my wallet. :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/01...mo-october-15/

During their Disgaea press event at Tokyo Game Show, Nippon Ichi Software announced fans will be able to play the Tokyo Game Show demo on a PlayStation 4 at home.

The Disgaea 5 demo will be available on October 15. You’ll need 556 MB free on your hard drive to run it, which is just a small fraction of the PS4′s standard hard drive.

Disgaea 5 comes out on March 26, 2015 in Japan. The game will also be released in the West at a later date.

This game is nice, at 1st the tutorial kinda fuck me up, they didn provide a better tutorial I kinda lost, eventually I explore the game myself, found out it interesting never played games like this before,

1st this game no Npc: all gold:kama you have to get by quest or craft youself through mining "I been looking for npc for the whole day -_-"
    2nd: you get to choose nation there are 4 nation, and you can have war with other nation, you will get kill if you sneak into people nation. and you can be government of your own nation but need to get vote by the citezen: player

its a nice game if the ost are fftactic or orge tactic, Alot more to explore, I have few of my friend playing with me now

10+ Year Old Account
    This is some bad news, please if you can import this game http://nichegamer.net/2014/12/nippon...n-in-business/ I'm sure as hell double dipping on this game to do my part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    This is some bad news, please if you can import this game http://nichegamer.net/2014/12/nippon...n-in-business/ I'm sure as hell double dipping on this game to do my part.
    Oh damn (´;ω;`)

- - - Updated - - -

You sure that site is reliable? I havent seen anything on kotaku

- - - Updated - - -

Usually Kotaku is on the ball with that if its true

I WAS actually heavily considering importing Disgaea5 now that my kanji/reading comprehension is a lot better. I bought the JP version of Disgaea3 when it came out, but I was overwhelmed at the time. Small problem: I would have to buy a PS4 as well still

But yes, I think they really need to break into the PC market with their games. It would allow them to cut out the retail channel costs, have a much larger market, remove the processing constraints of the consoles, and be a lot more variable in their pricing of games.

Not an ideal situation but: If NIS does go under, I have to imagine SOME other publisher would snap them up. There is still a lot of value in the Disgaea franchise name IMHO, and NIS-style games in general.

I think their biggest issue is a lack of innovation in successive games in the series. I've drawn up the basic combat systems, strategy, etc. for my own SRPG and been coding it in my spare time with Unity -- there is a lot they could be doing. Take a page from MMOs and spice up boss battles with various targeted and aoe moves, have the combat not be so binary, (Most combat in Disgaea is 1shot) maybe use destructible physics for blasting through walls, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh damn (´;ω;`)

- - - Updated - - -

You sure that site is reliable? I havent seen anything on kotaku

- - - Updated - - -

Usually Kotaku is on the ball with that if its true
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949072 came from this, they ended up reading the quote on the magazine. Btw Kotaku is lazy and never does anything in actual investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949072 came from this, they ended up reading the quote on the magazine. Btw Kotaku is lazy and never does anything in actual investigation.
    That article really felt like a stab in the heart to me. I've been a huge fan of every NIS game that gets localized and reading this made me die inside a bit.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it doesnt affect Neptunia XD

Neptunia is Compile Heart. And NISA has a lot more going on than just porting NIS games, so they may be okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neptunia is being localized by Idea Factory International now, so you don't have to worry about Neptunia.