Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

[Megathread] Persona 5

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01...playstation-3/
    Persona 5 is coming to both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Sony showed off a teaser for the game during their pre-TGS Sony press conference today. The game will be released in Japan in early 2015. You can watch the teaser below.

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Cartoons are now console exclusive too?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    Cartoons are now console exclusive too?!
    The greatest RPG series in the world, Persona is console exclusive yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's the shadow world theme going to be this time? The internet? Cyberspace? I feel like they'll enter it through their phones.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2017-04-05 at 10:29 PM. Reason: three-year-old typo lel

When watching the trailer I saw that huge amount of people were glued to their phones, which might have something to do with the whole breaking from the chains of society theme? The main character looks pretty cool too!

Deleted
    coming to PS4? fuck yeah!

Must get... must play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    More info on here but walls of text so cant post em here http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01...-message-fans/
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Sweet, so it's gonna be on PS3 as well after all, gonna have to take a week off work and move into my friend's place when the localized version is out

How long did it take them to localize P3 and P4 anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post

How long did it take them to localize P3 and P4 anyway?
    ATLUS is typically 4-6 months with big rpg localisations. If this comes out by summer in Japan I would expect it in Nov/Dec here.

I was kinda hoping (but also kinda knew) that this game would feature the Persona 4 cast.

Disapointment is minor tho, as a big city tokyo setting sounds really interesting. if this is due in 2015, I may use this as my reaosn to buy a PS4, instead of waiting for Final Fantasy 15.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Persona is one of my favorite games. Cannot wait to play Persona 5. PS4 too which is awesome! I am buying a PS4 next week for Destiny and all the RPG announcements this week will make the purchase even more awesome. Ys, Disgaea 5 and Persona 5!

Hope there is a school outing to Inaba!!!

I'm so relieved that I won't have to bring my PS3 out of retirement to play this game... I really wasn't looking forward to it.

How is it possible this game looks even more amazing then I thought it would?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hyped. That looks so great.

Deleted
    Looks a little flashier than 3 and 4, but what the hell, it also looks pretty cool

10+ Year Old Account
    The hype is unbearable, can't wait. This is my number 1 more anticipated game this year. with MGS5 a close second.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I was kinda hoping (but also kinda knew) that this game would feature the Persona 4 cast.

Disapointment is minor tho, as a big city tokyo setting sounds really interesting. if this is due in 2015, I may use this as my reaosn to buy a PS4, instead of waiting for Final Fantasy 15.
    No man let P4 cast die, they have had more spinoff than any of the Persona or SMT cast.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

As much as I loved the P4 cast it's time for new faces now.

It looks like they're retiring the shadow theme for now, and bringing back demons. and the jail part in the trailer was the velvet room if you break that part down frame by frame as the twins appear to be the new velvet room attendants. I cannot wait for this game the Persona series is absolute amazing.
    Last edited by jon234; 2015-02-06 at 07:38 PM.

The whole trailer just oozed with style. So excited for more info.