Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Astralos View Post
    The whole trailer just oozed with style.
    This is exactly what I was thinking to myself as I watched the trailer. I am normally not one to get hyped for a game, but for the Persona games...this is an exception. I simply can't wait for this game to come out.

On one hand, I have a PS3 and don't have a PS4, but for some reason, this game makes me want to buy a PS4. Why? I'm not honestly sure. There aren't any other particularly interesting games for me for PS4, but...knowing that a game I'll most likely end up enjoying very much (Persona 5) is coming out on PS3 and PS4 is making me consider getting a PS4. ...

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking to myself as I watched the trailer. I am normally not one to get hyped for a game, but for the Persona games...this is an exception. I simply can't wait for this game to come out.

On one hand, I have a PS3 and don't have a PS4, but for some reason, this game makes me want to buy a PS4. Why? I'm not honestly sure. There aren't any other particularly interesting games for me for PS4, but...knowing that a game I'll most likely end up enjoying very much (Persona 5) is coming out on PS3 and PS4 is making me consider getting a PS4. ...
    FWIW they still haven't confirmed the PS4 version will launch at the same time as the PS3 have they?

You would think it's a given, but knowing the size of Atlus and them being confident on a 2015 release in the west I have my doubts. Also the fact it was announced as a PS3 game then 8 months later at a Sony event announced for PS4 as well. It most certainly wasn't planned from the start.

I will platinum both versions assuming separate trophies for each(don't see why not, as every other game does). Just because I will enjoy playing the game that much I am sure, and bolster by trophies by not doing tedious shit is always a plus.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-02-08 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    FWIW they still haven't confirmed the PS4 version will launch at the same time as the PS3 have they?
    True. I just went and read the Wikipedia article about Persona 5, and there was no mention either way about this. It's something to think about, anyway. I have been eying The Last of Us (gotta get that 60FPS)...

Stupid money, getting in the way of things.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

Honestly, as bad as it might sound for those who have the PS4, I'm hoping the PS4 version is just a slightly built up version of the PS3 one, since I believe it's safe to say development of the game started as intended for the PS3, and then possibly they saw how well the PS4 was doing and decided they want to port it over to that too.

Basically, I don't want to be missing out on anything cool even slightly in the PS3 version. I can't imagine it happening but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly, as bad as it might sound for those who have the PS4, I'm hoping the PS4 version is just a slightly built up version of the PS3 one, since I believe it's safe to say development of the game started as intended for the PS3, and then possibly they saw how well the PS4 was doing and decided they want to port it over to that too.

Basically, I don't want to be missing out on anything cool even slightly in the PS3 version. I can't imagine it happening but still.
    Well, it was originally announced as a PS3 exclusive, and stayed that way for a year before the PS4 version was announced. It's definitely being developed as a PS3 title first, and iirc Atlus had said that the PS4 version was just a bonus they had time to make when it got delayed (was originally going to be a 2014 release in Japan). So unless they came up with new stuff since then that the PS3 can't handle, the changes won't be too big.

Still, hoping to get a PS4 by the time this comes out. I've got a lot of times when I'm not home, but have free time to take advantage of Remote Play.

I wouldn't expect any differences other then 1080p instead of 720p. And even then, I'm not sure about that. It might be a straight up copy/paste job.

I'm pretty sure Sony started helping them with the PS4 version or did some money handshake agreement to get it done. Atlus almost never does multiplatform releases, and has never done a multiplatform release for an RPG unless you count remakes that came out years later. Sony knew they needed Japanese games on the PS4 and made it happen- no surprise the PS4 version was announced at the pre TGS Sony event.

Some early info from Famitsu interview (Small early game spoilers regarding locations and protagonist's persona):

- The protagonist is a second-year high school student, who transfers to the city during the spring (around the time of the start of a new school year in Japan.) He’ll move into a coffee shop owned by acquaintances of his parents.

-The game starts out in Shibuya, but the stage is set in various parts of Tokyo.

- This is a vague hint, but for what it’s worth, the protagonist has some sort of problem that will lead to trouble down the line if he doesn’t fight it. The part of the recent trailer that showed him imprisoned was a symbol for a “prison of mind”.

- The dungeon that was shown in the trailer was not automatically-generated, and the story will have various main places that are suitable for a challenge to a phantom thief with all kinds of stages and gimmicks. However, this doesn’t mean there won’t be any auto-generated elements in game.

- There will be some sort of Social Link-like feature in Persona 5.

- The protagonist’s first exclusively usable Persona is named “Arsène”. This is likely derived from the famous phantom thief, Arsène Lupin.

- In previous titles, the Persona summoning scene had the Japanese onomatopoeia of “カッ” (kka) which is something often used to depict a flash or clicking sound. In Persona 5, it’s “ブチッ” (buchi) which is a snapping sound (either physically or mentally).

source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/09...ting-dungeons/

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Nothing bad with that. The ability to play it on my PS4 alone is enough for me, and it'll probably have a higher resolution and/or framerate.

- The protagonist’s first exclusively usable Persona is named “Arsène”. This is likely derived from the famous phantom thief, Arsène Lupin.
    Lupin the Third! I am happy.

- There will be some sort of Social Link-like feature in Persona 5.
    Thought this was a given, but I am happy that it's going to be in here. I had a lot of fun with this stuff in the previous games, and would be sad to see it go.

It doesn't seem like a whole lot of information was given to us in this, but then again, I didn't expect to get any spoilers or anything. :P

Those were just small leaks from the whole magazine which releases tomorrow. It should have more information

The only information I need is the release date!

Some new details about Persona 5:
    http://goo.gl/ZJcyRiu

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    Some new details about Persona 5:
    http://goo.gl/ZJcyRiu
    The link doesn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

Some new pics (I guess they are new)

I'm so erect right now
    Last edited by Chelly; 2015-02-11 at 04:40 PM.

Arsene looks amazing with those wings! I also like how much more better the spell effects look compared to olden games.
    Also it looks like there's a picture with day being 7/4, which means the game starts before the school starts unlike in P3 and P4 (which had 4/11 as first "real day").
    Last edited by Astralos; 2015-02-11 at 05:47 PM.

Stream is up, following an announcement from Tokyo Tower.

https://www.twitch.tv/wounlive

Holy shit the music, if this is the OST, this is OST of the year, god damn.

Chelly

September 15th 2016 in Japan.

This trailer yo, I'm hyped

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Release date for US is in
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/07...r-ps4-and-ps3/

Atlus announced today that Persona 5 will release in North America and South America on February 14, 2017 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

Pre-orders and launch-day copies will release as SteetBook Launch Edition which will go for $59.99/CA$79.99 and will be available only to PS4 pre-orders. There will be a limited number of day-one purchases while supplies last. Here’s what it features:

• SteelBookThe PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.

Next is a look at the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition that is exclusive to the PlaySTation 4 version for the game. It includes the following for $89.99/CA$109.99:

• Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
    • 4″ Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member–and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
    • 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
    • SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
    • School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
    • Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Release date for US is in
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/07...r-ps4-and-ps3/

Atlus announced today that Persona 5 will release in North America and South America on February 14, 2017 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

Pre-orders and launch-day copies will release as SteetBook Launch Edition which will go for $59.99/CA$79.99 and will be available only to PS4 pre-orders. There will be a limited number of day-one purchases while supplies last. Here’s what it features:

• SteelBookThe PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.

Next is a look at the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition that is exclusive to the PlaySTation 4 version for the game. It includes the following for $89.99/CA$109.99:

• Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
    • 4″ Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member–and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4″ plush of Morgana.
    • 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
    • SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
    • School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
    • Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.
    FUCK Having to wait till 2017 but I'm all over that special edition.

The special edition seems ok but why the fuck is the music CD only going to have a selection of the music? It's like they want people to pirate the music. Nintendo did this with Xenoblade and it was fucking stupid. The bag also looks really cheap. I wouldn't actually use it if I bought it. More of a hang on the wall sort of thing.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I preordered my CE the instant it was up. Can't wait!