10+ Year Old Account

Video Tour of Nightmare Tide with the Devs

Now that PAX Prime is over we're getting some videos and interviews coming out. Gaming site MMO Reporter got to tour Nightmare Tide with Devs Simon "Dead Simon" Ffinch and Bill "Daglar" Fisher

Unfortunately it wasn't a direct feed output but a 'cam' of the screen, still looks impressive, we got to see some more of the zones, some stages of a Nightmare Tide, a brief look at the minion system and talk about 'upmentoring' and the new Masteries, well worth a watch

Deleted
    It's nice to know that we won't have to get comfortable with new skills and talents

Let's hope the masteries bring some variation into the biulds! Too bad there is no good information to find about that topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriye View Post
    It's nice to know that we won't have to get comfortable with new skills and talents

Let's hope the masteries bring some variation into the biulds! Too bad there is no good information to find about that topic.
    I would love to get my hands on beta so I can test the mastery system. It's either going to heavily enforce players to go 61 points into a tree or it's going to do what they say it will and encourage new play styles. We'll see what happens.

Not a fan of the 150$ price tag to get that shark mount when I gave Trion 150$ for Archeage. It seems extremely overpriced. It looks alright but not sure how they are going to avoid the same gear grinder that storm legion turned into that cost them their entire Euro population.

I guess I should know what to expect with Daglar making the calls. I will play but not give them money unless I see some extreme differences from the piece of shit that Storm Legion was.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Not a fan of the 150$ price tag to get that shark mount when I gave Trion 150$ for Archeage. It seems extremely overpriced. It looks alright but not sure how they are going to avoid the same gear grinder that storm legion turned into that cost them their entire Euro population.

I guess I should know what to expect with Daglar making the calls. I will play but not give them money unless I see some extreme differences from the piece of shit that Storm Legion was.
    The mount is not all you get with $150 though. You get a dimension, cosmetic weapons, a 36-slot bag, a group summon, endless nightmare black dye, accelerators, a title and a combat pet skin in addition to all the other stuff in the other packs.

Also it is likely that the mount will be purchasable on the Rift Store for far less than that. I think they even said one will be available in game though it may be a different color. Don't come here and blow something out of proportion which causes false information to get out. There is no such thing as a $150 mount.

Aren't all bimodal linear progression based MMOs "gear grinds"?

I am not sure how Trion would fundamentally change the game design of Rift to accommodate non-linear progression via gear.

The expectation seems faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Aren't all bimodal linear progression based MMOs "gear grinds"?

I am not sure how Trion would fundamentally change the game design of Rift to accommodate non-linear progression via gear.

The expectation seems faulty.
    I do not think it is the removal of progression through gear that people want removed, it is just the length of time it takes. Today's youth wants instant gratification. They want to run the raid once and have their gear. They do not want to wait months hoping for a drop after months of progression to get the boss down. Kids these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I do not think it is the removal of progression through gear that people want removed, it is just the length of time it takes. Today's youth wants instant gratification. They want to run the raid once and have their gear. They do not want to wait months hoping for a drop after months of progression to get the boss down. Kids these days.
    60 to 65 is going to be much faster. The gear reset curve is much less than with SL and the 160 pots are still usable (so if you are a patron that means 210% increase). I'm actually very concerned that the grind won't be long enough to keep people in the game for more than a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    60 to 65 is going to be much faster. The gear reset curve is much less than with SL and the 160 pots are still usable (so if you are a patron that means 210% increase). I'm actually very concerned that the grind won't be long enough to keep people in the game for more than a few months.
    Yes, exactly. That's what all these people complaining about the grinds do not understand. No grind=nothing to do. It's a pretty simple fact that devs can not put out content as fast as people play through it. The grind makes what they did make for us last a little longer to keep us occupied until they can get something out.

10+ Year Old Account
    As we ramp up towards the October 8th release, we're getting some more info and 'tours' from the Devs, this time it's well known YouTuber Seatin, the man of legends, who got to tour some of Nightmare Tide with Simon "Dead Simon" Ffinch, the Dev of legends

You get to explore a bit of the start zone, Goboro Reef, get a brief explanation of why there's vertical walls of water, a look at the Gyel Fortress where Lady Glasya attempts to terraform (firescape) the Plane of Water with a Fire Invasion.

Then it's onto Tarken Glacier where we get a look at an Old God with a Hydra thing going before finally seeing some poor people getting sacrificed