Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    A lot of the reason why I always come back to WoW is because of how fluid the combat is. I'd say the day a new MMO comes out where the combat is just as, or even more fluid, along with being faster paced than WoW, WoW may lose me.

GW2 wasn't quite as fluid, but if the game had end game content i'd probably still be playing it.

FF14 is pretty interesting, from what I understand its got over 2.5 million subs. Thats almost half of what WoW has right now and its still growing. I don't think it would surpass wow (not without some pretty crazy WoW losses), but it may very well reach 2/3rds of what WoW has, the first time WoW will ever have real competition in regards to sales.

Another thing to note would be its graphics. Graphics don't make games great, but it damn well makes them appealing. The day an MMO can run with graphics akin to the witcher 3, i'd be all over that.

Deleted
    The copy paste effect is showing its tool, only MMOs that are not based upon the wow formula, like EVE are standing out .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    The copy paste effect is showing its tool, only MMOs that are not based upon the wow formula, like EVE are standing out .
    Only reason EVE is still out there is because it's the only space-sim MMO, the only one of its genre. It will die out soon too, as Elite: Dangerous is about to hit the market and space-sim fans will be able to play an actual real space-sim focused game, not an economy simulator with a light space combat component.

I'm not even counting on Star Citizen to kill EVE, that game will the WoW of space-sims.

EVE is on its last legs, imo.
    Last edited by mmoce7493ee1db; 2014-09-02 at 07:58 AM.

I don't really know what is needed to make a game hit a homerun as i do not know the market, but what i am really missing out there, is a hardcore MMO
    and not like diablo 3 hardcore where you die and stay dead, but one that takes Lots of time, tinkering and adapting to get in to.

i just feel like every game i try nowadays is install-play for 10 minutes- you've "mastered" the game.

I just wish there was one MMO out there that had classes with subclasses and proffesions for every need. i wouldn't mind having several types of combat as well.
    perhaps not level progression but gear progression from zone to zone. and the pvp could've been about a players skill and not gear.
    A seemingly endless world that supported teamwork over individual progress.

i have no idea how to explain it tho, so this will probably never happen D:
    I like my coffe like my mages.

I don't really like the concept "End-game", i would like the entire experience to be fun and matter. There is no easy solutions, i'll leave that to the creative people...

I've been thinking about something that could change the experience in MMORPG's. If there where Gamemasters or Dungeon masters, that could interact and change the gameplay in realtime, like dropping monsters, starting events, environmental changes and so on. Would give a much more dynamic experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highangel View Post
    I don't really like the concept "End-game", i would like the entire experience to be fun and matter. There is no easy solutions, i'll leave that to the creative people...

I've been thinking about something that could change the experience in MMORPG's. If there where Gamemasters or Dungeon masters, that could interact and change the gameplay in realtime, like dropping monsters, starting events, environmental changes and so on. Would give a much more dynamic experience.
    There are actually. Remove a great deal of the leveling process. It doesnt need to be that long.

THe leveling process could easily be like the DK starter zone in wow.

You are introduced to the class. you are introduced to your abilities fast but not overwhelmingly fast.

The whole leveling part is something that breaks mmo's

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that the next big mmo will be a game designed for the oculus rift(or anything similar) and it will not even have to have to much story to it, just lots of non stop action, but with the ability to just step back and go do something incredibly casual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I would say that the next big mmo will be a game designed for the oculus rift(or anything similar) and it will not even have to have to much story to it, just lots of non stop action, but with the ability to just step back and go do something incredibly casual.
    But you can't use 10 mil keys in OR, how will the pianists and "skilled" players get their satisfaction?

Deleted
    Here's a list of things I would like to see in an MMO, and things that would get me hooked again, as it seems I'm getting slightly jaded with the current iteration of MMOs, which all seem to be basically exactly the same game;

- Single realm.
    - Massive areas with seamless loading, ie. no loading screens.
    - A changing world where you can't go back to the past of the game; you either were there or you weren't. No phasing.
    - Extremely complex crafting system, with literally thousands of ways of creating something, and thus the possibility of becoming the only one who knows how to craft a specific type of item.
    - True unique artifacts; items that drop once on the realm, are extremely rare, but of which there are a plethora of different ones. They can be traded, and if they find themselves unused for a long period of time, or if they get destroyed, they become available for drops again.
    - Ability to "get to the top" via all means with relatively equal time, effort, blood, sweat and tears put in, whether it's solo, dual, small group, small raid, big raid, and so on. No more catering for raiders -crap.
    - Extensive and variable PvP and even PK options. However, enough relatively safe zones (albeit not completely) for people to have a modicum of peace.
    - The freedom to play as an artisan and/or a business person, or perhaps a hunter or a farmer, instead of an adventurer.
    - Community built cities with community controlled NPC "police" forces and so on.
    - Ability to meta play on the browser, tablet, phone, and both the PC and console supported in some form or another.
    - Complex character advancement, where you actually have to take your time to figure out how to do something. People aren't dumb. Give them something to think about.
    - The ability to "sim it" with your own house, base, hideout, town, ship, whatever.
    - An ongoing lore that the gamers influence - this ties in with the changing world idea.

There are other things, but those are the ones that pop into my head right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Here's a list of things I would like to see in an MMO, and things that would get me hooked again, as it seems I'm getting slightly jaded with the current iteration of MMOs, which all seem to be basically exactly the same game;

- Single realm.
    - Massive areas with seamless loading, ie. no loading screens.
    - A changing world where you can't go back to the past of the game; you either were there or you weren't. No phasing.
    - Extremely complex crafting system, with literally thousands of ways of creating something, and thus the possibility of becoming the only one who knows how to craft a specific type of item.
    - True unique artifacts; items that drop once on the realm, are extremely rare, but of which there are a plethora of different ones. They can be traded, and if they find themselves unused for a long period of time, or if they get destroyed, they become available for drops again.
    - Ability to "get to the top" via all means with relatively equal time, effort, blood, sweat and tears put in, whether it's solo, dual, small group, small raid, big raid, and so on. No more catering for raiders -crap.
    - Extensive and variable PvP and even PK options. However, enough relatively safe zones (albeit not completely) for people to have a modicum of peace.
    - The freedom to play as an artisan and/or a business person, or perhaps a hunter or a farmer, instead of an adventurer.
    - Community built cities with community controlled NPC "police" forces and so on.
    - Ability to meta play on the browser, tablet, phone, and both the PC and console supported in some form or another.
    - Complex character advancement, where you actually have to take your time to figure out how to do something. People aren't dumb. Give them something to think about.
    - The ability to "sim it" with your own house, base, hideout, town, ship, whatever.
    - An ongoing lore that the gamers influence - this ties in with the changing world idea.

There are other things, but those are the ones that pop into my head right now.
    Some of these things would be good in general. Some of them work for around half the mmo population and some of them aare very centered around you.

I'd go so far as to say that same loot for single player stuff as for raid stuff is dumb.

Its you missing the entire point of raiding to be honest :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Some of these things would be good in general. Some of them work for around half the mmo population and some of them aare very centered around you.
    I'm far from unique in any regard, so trust me, there are plenty of people like me who would enjoy the things I would enjoy. Also, I did preface the list by saying they're things I would enjoy, did I not?

I'd go so far as to say that same loot for single player stuff as for raid stuff is dumb.
    Well, that's exactly the mindset and mentality I would expect from a raider, and exactly the reason why I for one have gotten tired of MMOs after a decade (or more), as every single new MMO is just the exact same raiding game.

Its you missing the entire point of raiding to be honest :P
    Oh no, I understand the point perfectly. I just don't like raiding (and yes, I've done enough of it to have this opinion), and neither do the majority of the gamers of the world. Raiding is, and has always been something the minority in MMOs does, although it has been made much more accessible for everyone via the raid finder and so on. Still, I'm pretty convinced the majority of people in raid finder, who aren't typically raiders, don't enjoy what they're doing, but are doing it anyway, because it's easy enough, and that's where they can go for gear upgrades.

The point that raiders (and I do mean raiders, and raiders only) always make is that they work harder for their gear. That obviously isn't true, especially in the case of people who just show up during raids and shoot bolts from a corner, but it's also a complete non-issue, as it would be laughably easy to balance the ways to get certain type of gear and other goals, whether you get there via doing shit solo, doing shit with one friend, doing shit with 3-4 friends, or raiding with 9, 24 or 39 other people. Or, hell, 500 people. Makes no difference.

Deleted
    Didn't read the top big paragraph only the title but for me i'd want...
    -Customization
    -No sub fee just expansions cost
    -Ranks (For competition)
    -Something like a raid
    -No pay to win
    -Graphics

It'll seem like i've just wrote the description of WoW and that is how I want an MMO but I'd like WoW to be remade... i've posted and made my own personal threads about that alone

cough cough final fantasy 14 is keeping square enix afloat with its success cough cough