Poll: DO you want everything LOcked during start of the new season

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, i'm playing an extremely relaxed way, and managed to hit 70 in 8 hours more or less and i'm now at nearly 50 paragon, running T1.

The "problem" is not Adventure mode immediatelyt unlocked, but the fact people aiming to "first" will always prepare and look for the fastest and optimal way to accomplish things. If the point of season was to be the fastest one to reach 5k achievement points, there would have been someone with a video explaining a route to do so in the less time conceivable.

No matter the way, season are like that - lock or no lock, expect to see things done in a matter of hours by some people that then will just leave the game or return farming on their mains.

Fortunately, rewards from seasons are not tied to conquests, and you can get everything (xmog, banners and such) playing normally and i must say pretty easily.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

A "full reset" is supposed to be a full reset, not a half reset. Adventure Mode should be activated once you hit 70.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My concept of seasons is that you are starting the game completely from scratch and making all progress as quickly or skillfully as possible. I didn't even know you could start doing adventure mode, so I'm willing to bet the average player wouldn't know either. I don't think it would be an issue unless they fix 'gaming the system' mechanics. In the end it's kinda w/e, because I enjoy getting the achievements all over again so playing through the story is great for that. Ultimately letting people play how they want, but making a more level field and not forcing min/maxers into spam game creation to find a rare event is a great idea. Fix those types of things and it's fine.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Why do you play this game.
    After doing it a couple of times Adventure Mode is where it is at. I personally stopped playing Diablo 3 pre-expansion because all that was available was the main story. If anything they need to make a few smaller mini acts ONLY available in the Adventure Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    A "full reset" is supposed to be a full reset, not a half reset. Adventure Mode should be activated once you hit 70.
    First of all, that's not even how it works on non-seasonal character.
    Second, just NO. It was a smart move from Blizzard to unlock Adventure Mode from the start because they understood that while the story mode is fun once (or twice if drunk), it gets boring real quick.
    Third, everyone had the same access to the content, meaning that we could have done what the world-first player did : play the most efficient way to reach 70. Everyone who played on the PTR knew what to do in order to get 70 as fast as possible. You did not know that it was possible or you did not choose to play accordingly ? Then there's no point arguing about it : they won fair, you did not. Learn from that and move on.

What I can agree on is that they should have locked the highest difficulties (Torments) upon either completing the game through Act V once or reaching 60.
    Last edited by Titebiere83; 2014-09-02 at 02:45 PM.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Why do you play this game.

I play this game to smash things and kill stuff.

Deleted
    i want poe style races, but bet it will never happen

15+ Year Old Account
    I want them to fix the no kill bounties similar to how they fixed stuff like "Clear the hellrift".

I want Adventure mode to be accessed from start though since the campaign is already too slow and not that fun. IMO.

My group leveled through bounties/rifts on whatever difficulty we found proper. We are now all Paragon 200+ and cruising through Torm 6 and the Greater rifts(going to try to aim for 33/34 today)

Let's face it. Most people complaining about the "exploits" were never going to be able to compete with the leaders anyways, even playing field or not.

This game would benefit from fewer restrictions, not more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Let's face it. Most people complaining about the "exploits" were never going to be able to compete with the leaders anyways, even playing field or not
    1) Yes, obviously it would be too difficult for people to create game, leave, create game leave, create game, leave until they got the chest event on T6...because that makes any sort of logical sense. 2) Some people not being able to use an exploit is now justification for the exploit existing? That's an...abhorrent way of thinking. Sure I don't have the capability to rob a bank, but if others can do it more power to them! Legalize bank robbery. #catchyhashtag
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    You can just implement the questing fix that is implemented already for bounties as well. Spamming the same bounty will have diminishing returns so if you do the same bounty 5-10 times in a row you won't receive any xp. In addition to that you can make some effort to balance classes better, demon hunters are so far ahead currently it ain't even funny, there's a reason the first 2 guys at 70 and at killing mathael t6 were both demon hunters.
    The first 2 DHs exploited to get 70. Lvl 70 in 41 minutes (an hour before anyone else), unless theres a more efficient way than miners gold apparently no one found it but them.
    Classes are fairly balanced tho, dhs are just more efficient early on, whih is why you see them at the top

The point of this season was to level the fastest from scratch (most boring, thoughtless, cheap way to start seasons that requires no additional work then basically initiating a restart), except when you get T6 and adventure mode right off the bat it's not exactly "from scratch" anyone who PTR would of figured out the route and plan before hand.

Really the issue is:

1)PTR
    2)Not a real "from scratch"
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

You do start from scratch in the season; characters have 0 gold, paragon levels, artisan levels, gear or materials. That is from scratch.

Game modes are locked or accessible doesn't constitute a false clean start. Hardcore mode wouldn't even exist in ladder play if so. It is the discretion of Blizzard of which modes to allow. Game modes are not the game state in D3.

If Blizzard decided that adventure mode was accessible from level 1 with no campaign completion for non-season play tomorrow; would season 2 play be "from scratch" if adventure mode was enabled?

This is absurd critique.

The issue is not with adventure mode or torment difficulty, it is the fundamental game design of D3 that enables players to "beat" the game in an absurdly small amount of time. If it were not for the fact that people were hitting 70 in an hour and beating Malthael on t6 a couple hours later, there would not be so many complaints. Everyone expected a healthy competition and a fun race and were instead handed an event even more short lived and less interesting than the race to level cap in a new WoW expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is absurd critique.
    I believe Zito was directly mentioning that spending hours learning how to game the system, which not all players will do as it's technically outside the 'true' game, is not actually starting from scratch. He didn't mention anything about game modes. And to that point, you are technically wrong with your comments anyways. If a game has a defined progression which unlocks game modes, allowing you to skip any part of progression isn't a complete do over. In this case you are overlooking progression in favor of trying to say game modes are simply game modes, but it's not really the case here. You don't have to perform progression to unlock HC, so it wouldn't be the same in your example.

It's either a full reset of progression or it isn't. In this case it's a problem with terminology and it was not a full progression reset. Add to that if anyone was just starting D3 for the first time and hadn't beaten the story, they would have been unfairly limited by the way the season operates and only accessing story mode. This example alone is enough to justify that it wasn't a full reset.
    BAD WOLF

Third, everyone had the same access to the content, meaning that we could have done what the world-first player did : play the most efficient way to reach 70. Everyone who played on the PTR knew what to do in order to get 70 as fast as possible. You did not know that it was possible or you did not choose to play accordingly ? Then there's no point arguing about it : they won fair, you did not. Learn from that and move on.
    I played D3 for the first time since the patch came yesterday. I wasn't part of any kind of race. Trying to make it look like ppl are mad because they got beaten, is really not helping your argument in this case.

Adventure mode should still have been locked. A ladder reset is supposed to be the same as the first time you buy the game, aka playing through the campaign, not doing some bounty that doesn't even require you to kill a single mob, over and over again. Also, the argument that "the campaign is boring" is so fucking retarded that it's not even funny. Playing the game is boring, but resetting the game and speaking to a NPC without doing anything, is to be considered fun. Ok.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Adventure mode should still have been locked. A ladder reset is supposed to be the same as the first time you buy the game, aka playing through the campaign, not doing some bounty that doesn't even require you to kill a single mob, over and over again. Also, the argument that "the campaign is boring" is so fucking retarded that it's not even funny. Playing the game is boring, but resetting the game and speaking to a NPC without doing anything, is to be considered fun. Ok.
    You have accurately described exactly what is going on...it makes me laugh, but it's also sad. I can understand people not enjoying leveling as much as level 70 gear farming, because that's when your progression feels meaningful. I can also understand if people think the story is boring and then enjoy being able to do bounties and rifts all over the place so that they get variety. But claiming the story is boring to do one activity in one location over and over is silly.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I believe Zito was directly mentioning that spending hours learning how to game the system, which not all players will do as it's technically outside the 'true' game, is not actually starting from scratch.
    If I meant to address a specific user directly I would quote them. I am speaking to a general sentiment directly after a user's post which in part or whole expresses that sentiment.

In line posts speak to a general idea. Quoted posts speak to the user directly.

In this case you are overlooking progression in favor of trying to say game modes are simply game modes
    They are simply game modes. There stratification is arbitrary. And likely not decided as such based on the context of seasons. In other words, it might not have been conceived that the method of unlocking adventure modes pre-season were reasoned with season play in mind.

Adventure mode is not based on game progression. It is based on completion only in the non season play. Though D3's progression for the purposes of gameplay and clarity of this discussion are based on linear character based stat gains and wealth- which are reset in the season. As per Blizzard's stated reasoning in the dev roundtable.

In this case it's a problem with terminology and it was not a full progression reset.
    It was. The progression of D3 is based on linear stat and wealth progression expressed by every aspect of gameplay.

Blizzard chose that standard as their reset point.They have essentially said so in the aforementioned dev roundtable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    *snip*
    The fact that you're trying to argue that a game mode being tied to progression magically not being progression is illogical and not accurate. No amount of semantics and waving of game knowledge wands will change that. I could give lots of cute metaphors from other games, but it's not even needed. The design was completely altered from original, which is not simply a full reset. It's a complete change of progression and mode availability. I could honestly care less what they stated. Changing your mind or design doesn't alter reality.

Regarding you feeling the need to educate me on forum syntax, immediately posting and using the exact terminology the poster above you used and no one else did is a pretty safe assumption that you are replying to them. Perhaps choose your words better lest you be ambiguous and give yourself wiggle room in the future, yes? I'll just assume any coincidences are Freudian slips on your part from now on. Is that safer?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The fact that you're trying to argue that a game mode being tied to progression magically not being progression is illogical and not accurate.
    Adventure mode isn't tied to progression in D3's gameplay. It is tied to the one time completion of a mode in non-season play.

If you do not care for it or disagree with the designers that is more than fine. But the designers specifically gave reason as to how they view the modes and seasonal play. What they chose to reset is accurate to their statement and the expression of gameplay.

That players want to come up with their own conception of what a "full reset" or "from scratch" means is totally irrelevant to the game as played. One can come up with whatever pocket definitions they wish- but they are just that, personal definitions not expressed in gameplay.

The only definition that cane possibly matter is the developer's; only they can set the rules for seasons. In their game, under their game set.

Regarding you feeling the need to educate me on forum syntax, immediately posting and using the exact terminology the poster above you used and no one else did is a pretty safe assumption that you are replying to them. Perhaps choose your words better lest you be ambiguous and give yourself wiggle room in the future, yes?
    I used the phrase "from scratch" in scare quotes to specifically call skepticism to the idea. It is pretty clear I am not directly addressing a user and speaking to the season structure itself as a general concept. Which falls under the thread topic; "Do you want everything locked at start?"

Though I do understand that the rules of in thread, in line and post quoting are more arcane than those used in static editorials vs. the new fluidity of internet discussion. Which can lead to confusion if various parties have differing conceptions of the logical reading in the same media.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2014-09-02 at 06:56 PM.