Thread: Raid Nerves?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I get really pissed when someone in the raid playing the same class as me and close to same gear as me, just does more dps than me. I'm not a noob, I consider myself as top 3 dps in any raid and if I can't be in the top I consider myself as a failure on that particular class. But sometimes some people on the same setup as me just do sensibly more dps and I get pissed as I don't understand how.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    I get really pissed when someone in the raid playing the same class as me and close to same gear as me, just does more dps than me. I'm not a noob, I consider myself as top 3 dps in any raid and if I can't be in the top I consider myself as a failure on that particular class. But sometimes some people on the same setup as me just do sensibly more dps and I get pissed as I don't understand how.
    Theres 1 million things that goes into DPS: luck with procs (number of times your trinket procs and when it procs too, if you happen to get a try your trinkets decide to line with your DPS Cds all the time its wonderfull), movement during fight, specific pieces of gear (maybe you have the same ilevel as the guy but he has an warforged weapon and you dont, hes gona hit way harder than you ), amount of AoE damage done, if the person is properly executting mechanics or just padding metters,Ms of your conection (some classes like combat rogues can see noticeable increases in DPS from going from a 150sh Ms conection to a sub 50 one for instance), etc
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2014-09-04 at 05:07 PM.

Um, an old guilds 1st primordius hc kill he was at like 1% and started casting so i couldnt move him, but then a blob spawned right behind him... the nerves... OMFG!!

Then the whole raid died due to the explosion. My heart actually stopped. Then the boss died!

But its normally around the last few % of a progress boss that the heart starts racing however thats more adrenalin rather then nerves

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do. I particularly get this when people suddenly say okay lets 2 heal this, and I'm like, shit I can't just atonement spam :S It doesn't compare to Arenas though, I can physically shake and get cold when I played arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    You've just got to realize that people you meet over the internet don't matter at all in the grand scheme of your life so neither does what they think about you. Just do your best and don't worry about doing something stupid.
    getting kicked and having no raid to go to makes wow boring, you should try your best always
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I used to a little but only on HM. Doing the immortal run on 25 man was quite tense, vent would usually go quiet the closer we got to the end.

Last time I was really nervous while raiding was ToGC trying to get Grand Crusader (realm first with no wipes on heroic) when Anub was getting really low and started his locust swarm. Since then nothing could really compare.

If you were having problems you should have asked the other rogue how to play since it's not a very complicated task to kill the engineer, as long as you know the right steps. When it comes to the nerves, just remember that it's a game and as long as you don't constantly fuck up no one really cares. Everyone can have bad raids, and most people know that.

There are three things:
    -do your best,
    -know your role in raid,
    -do not fail,

If you're doing these three things above, then I see no reason why you could be stressed so much that you're writing a thread on the forums.

I was kinda stressed when I started doing raids also, but then the stress disappeared when I notice that I'm outperforming many players from my group. Not because I had better gear(I had not, I'm still having more DPS sometimes than some people with higher ilvl), but because I know my class pretty well.

Not at all, I enjoy raiding and I'm good at it, screwing up mechanics still happens, but I wouldn't stress out too much over them, especially not ones you are expecting to make. I guess it's just like anything else in life, you have to approach it with confidence because if you're stressing out about making mistakes, chances are you're gonna make one.
    Retired hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I get extremely nervous and thus don't allow myself to raid anything that's current, and usually even go as far as to limit myself only to raids from past expansions. I think for me it stems from having gotten stuck in groups with people who'd been doing it for years when I was brand new and their expectations of my understanding was too high, even though they were still nice and took the time to ask me if I was even having fun or not at certain points.
    And I wasn't.
    So since I get so nervous over whether or not I'm performing well for something that's essentially irrelevant, I just don't bother with raiding.

If you wanna do raiding and get over your nervousness, the only way to do so is to keep at it. Finding other people like yourself would be good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    If you were having problems you should have asked the other rogue how to play since it's not a very complicated task to kill the engineer, as long as you know the right steps.
    This can't be stressed enough. The reason people got annoyed was because it was obvious that you were failing at a simple task due to lack of research.

You could have found advice on dealing with the engineers on this forum, from your guild's other rogue or from a dozen other sources, so you absolutely did waste other people's time by not doing the appropriate research before the raid.

Do your research, try your best and don't make excuses. Do these three simple things and the only people who will ever be annoyed with you are people you shouldn't care about, anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    -do not fail
    Spoken like a true specimen of perfection. I assume you have never in your life made a single mistake. And if you did, you probably had a really good excuse for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocoroaria View Post
    usually even go as far as to limit myself only to raids from past expansions.
    That sounds like a pretty serious insecurity. The rest of your post leads me to believe you understand that and that there is a solution to it. Raiding can be a highly rewarding social activity and I highly recommend you try to find a group you can be comfortable with (even if you start with flex progression, the reward comes as much from the cooperative teamwork environment as from killing bosses, and you can advance to higher difficulties together).

People frequently lose sight of this, but the major draw of an MMO should be other players.

Deleted
    It sounds like you're not confident in your skill / knowledge.

I personally have never had this problem, mainly due to the fact that I know that I am a good player and I've been raiding with the same people for a long time, so if for some reason I fuck something up it usually causes a few laughs and we go again.

I used to get this a bit when tanking, during the initial boss pull.

I always feel like i could mess up since i am usually tanking.

Exactly the same as me

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hos/Ikt/simple

Look how many LFR kills I have, and yet I could have been doing flex the entire time, and now I'm starting to realise I was ready for Normal modes months ago, but I'm extremely nervous about new boss fights and wasting peoples time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

I know the feeling. Raiding Hardcore means that most of the time we had a roster of 12-13 persons which we rotated pretty frequently. You need patience, even in the world top 5 guilds. My advice is that u just focus on doing your task, dont give a fuck about dps etc. Just do what u are supposed to and save cds etc. U will learn how to min/max eventually.

Since there was another rogue, Ask him what to do. I am certain that he wants all the best to his raidm8s

GL