Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely.

Although I dunno if I could put up with it too much if the person's an ass, even if I would 10/10 bang again.

But I imagine anyone with a bit of self-respect would do the same - the pretty face not walking over you, that is..
    Last edited by Conspicuous Cultist; 2014-09-02 at 03:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Looks fade with time and age.

Why should I give someone special treatment because of how they look? You could be a complete bitch and yet the hottest chick in the world but I'd still treat you like a bitch regardless. I was always taught treat those how you wish to be treated and looks play no factor into that.
    It's like a message from a Saturday morning cartoon with profanity added to show that he's still 'real.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    It's like a message from a Saturday morning cartoon with profanity added to show that he's still 'real.'
    I read that in yahtzee's voice and it was good.

MMOchamp 20:14

What's with the hate on beautiful people? I personally don't care for people who dress trashy such as that whole gangster look. People I perceive to be ignorant or stupid I tend to avoid. I had a friend who thought Italy was an island...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    What's with the hate on beautiful people? I personally don't care for people who dress trashy such as that whole gangster look. People I perceive to be ignorant or stupid I tend to avoid. I had a friend who thought Italy was an island...
    Jealousy mainly.

Remember when the whole "It's cool to like curves on a woman and nobody wants to cuddle with a stick" was a thing? It can get a bit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Well to be fair, Italy DOES have islands

OT, I can't say I do, at least not on purpose. Then again, I'm not a looker myself, dunno if that would change anything.

Deleted
    Im male and heterosexual.

To be honest I probably do treat people differently, not on purpose or spitefully either, but I wouldnt say it was to do with looks when it comes to women. Women I am attacted too probably get the nicer side to me subconciously, but that's not to say im a complete dick to non-attractive people.

When it comes to other guys, most guys I treat the same regardless of how they look in terms of being good looking or not. But if they really look like the sort I wouldnt get along with because of the way they sound or look or whatever and then I would go out of my way to have as little contact with them as possible.

Of course I do treat good looking females different. Can't say I observed the same thing with males.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only fuck wit dimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I only fuck wit dimes.
    Yo, I got two quarters an' a half dollar. Got so much goin' on that I be needin' an account up in dis bank.

Honestly? Probably but it's definitely not a conscious decision to do so. However if someone treats me poorly(attractive or not) expect to be treated the same.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

I don't consciously treat people differently based on looks. One of my best friends is really ugly, but it doesn't matter because he is a good guy. On the other hand I may avoid a really ugly female, but I wouldn't treat her badly either.

Also I will never treat a beautiful person like they are the greatest thing to happen to humanity. I can't stand being around dumb people, no matter how good looking they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try hard to treat everyone the same, but I find myself often somewhat intolerant of beautiful people. I can think of several women that I initially dismissed as shallow who went on to prove that they were bright, competitive and just as annoyed as I am when someone tries to skate by on looks. My old drinking buddy is in that category. She turned down lucrative offers for a career in modeling because she wanted to be taken seriously for her wits. One of my current students gets stopped on the street to do informal shoots; she isn't amazingly beautiful as I view the world, but she she cleans up decently. I found myself dismissing her as one of the "cute ones" and it took her a year to make me understand that she was a brilliant young woman fighting to be taken seriously.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Allow me make a note of clarification here. Beauty is somewhat subjective in a way and a beautiful person can be more plain in appearance, but have such a stunning inward light that it outshines the physical shell.

I think a better term is one that was coined in the webcomic Something Positive: Pretty People. Pretty people are the ones who expect to be treated better because of their looks and their looks alone. I generally don't give pretty people the time of day, though if I do have to interact with them I treat them as I do everyone else; which tends to irritate them since I'm not fawning over their looks.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.