10+ Year Old Account

Gaze of the Black Prince Back Again. Last time!!

YAYAY!! Needed 4 more titan runestones and thanks to the buff, this week I have a sure chance on getting my runestones (unless cruel fate decides to be a poop). WOOT WOOT!

So, I'm currently sitting on 6/20 Secrets of the Empire after re-subbing a few weeks back (hadn't played since early Cata). Realistically, am I likely to be able to complete this before 6.0 hits? I'm assuming that's when the quest will be removed.

Does anybody have any clear indication? Will be absolutely gutted if I miss out on my cape by a week or so

My warrior is on the runestone part and has been for a few weeks. I have 4 cloaks already and can't be bothered to get the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralheart View Post
    So, I'm currently sitting on 6/20 Secrets of the Empire after re-subbing a few weeks back (hadn't played since early Cata). Realistically, am I likely to be able to complete this before 6.0 hits? I'm assuming that's when the quest will be removed.

Does anybody have any clear indication? Will be absolutely gutted if I miss out on my cape by a week or so
    First of all you've had a year to get this cape. Even if you hadn't played in 8 months, you'd still have had ample time to get the cloak before you quit.

Second, they aren't going to remove the legendary questline. All legendaries that exist that have ever been intended to be obtainable are still obtainable to this day with the notable exception of Ateish due to the nax revamp and blizzard just being lazy I guess. The quest to get the cape isn't gonna go away, it just won't mean anything once warlords drops.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

You will be able to complete it in 3-4 weeks max if you do all the raid bosses that can drop the bits you need.

For secrets of the empire : All bosses in Throne of Thunder and parts 1 and 2 of siege of Orgrimmar can drop them (Lei Shen and Sha of Pride always drop 1 secret). Other bosses are random chance but with the black prince buff you will get something like 3 secrets out of every 4 or 5 bosses unless you are unlucky.

For titan runestones : Parts 3 and 4 of Throne of Thunder and parts 1 and 2 of Siege of Orgrimmar (Lei Shen and Sha of Pride always drop 1 runestone). They have slightly lower drop chance than secrets in my experience.

If you did all of throne of thunder and the 1st 2 parts of SoO when the balck prince buff is up you could realistically get all 14 secrets of the empire that you need in 1 week. You have 20 bosses that can drop them.

For the Titan runestones with the black prince buff you could realistically get anywhere from only 2 (2 is the minimum cos Sha of Pride and Lei shen always drop 1) upto about or 8 in 1 week if you kill all the bosses that drop them. Without the black prince buff you rarely get more than 3 or 4 but occasionally you get a lucky week where you get 6 or 7 (i've done the legendary chain on quite a few characters now).

So 3 weeks minimum. 4 weeks max to complete the cloak if you make the effort to do everthing that you can. 6.0 wont be here for 6 weeks minimum I think. I'm currently sat on 8/20 secrets so i'm in the same boat.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-09-02 at 12:22 AM.

Finally! Now I can get up there and be a cloak wielder! Only need 7 more runestones! Hopefully RNG doesn't balk out on me...

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    First of all you've had a year to get this cape. Even if you hadn't played in 8 months, you'd still have had ample time to get the cloak before you quit.

Second, they aren't going to remove the legendary questline. All legendaries that exist that have ever been intended to be obtainable are still obtainable to this day with the notable exception of Ateish due to the nax revamp and blizzard just being lazy I guess. The quest to get the cape isn't gonna go away, it just won't mean anything once warlords drops.

You're just a ray of sunshine aren't you.

Deleted
    they just remove the valor quest ... something they could have done months ago already

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

You do realize the person you quoted stated they quit in early Cataclysm and only resub a few weeks back ... where did you get he hadn't played in eight months?

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    YAYAY!! Needed 4 more titan runestones and thanks to the buff, this week I have a sure chance on getting my runestones (unless cruel fate decides to be a poop). WOOT WOOT!
    GL, Hope ya don't end up like my priest who only got the 2 guaranteed ones two weeks with the buff. Luckily my monk(Cloak 5 iirc) only needs 2 this week so no matter what I've got it this week after only getting 1 from a non 100% boss last week.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Also post count.

The quest will not be removed. I'm still on the quest for the legendary rogue daggers from cataclysm, I'm just too lazy to finish it.
    The Gaze of the Black Prince will last until the 15th of September (i read that somewhere, I think it's accurate)

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons