The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Angry Got back into wow, horrible fps drops on medium

As the title says came back to wow and constantly drop from 60-25 and below running on medium,even though the graphics interface thing on wow recommends high. Any suggestions?
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.40GHz 88 °C
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASRock Z77M (CPUSocket) 47 °C
    Graphics
    M190VA (1360x768@60Hz)
    767MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (NVIDIA) 46 °C
    Are the specs, please ignore the high cpu temp. Seems to be a bug when you first open speccy

What are you doing at the time when you are losing frames?
    Are you running on a TV (given the resolution)? What kind of background processes do you have running during?
    Do you have any addons installed?

Can you tell us the correct CPU temps via, like, HWStats instead of those apparently incorrect ones?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am running on a tv(1360x768) and the frame drops just happen at different times. During dungeons and just standing in the AH in SW. A fair number of addons but nothing crazy resource intensive, and next to no background processes. Cpu seems to be hovering right around 60

I dunno I run into the same thing. I don't see any reason why my machine couldn't run WoW on high or ultra, but I run into issues if I try it. I've always had issues running WoW on a laptop though, and other games in general. Even if the specs are similar, desktops seem to run it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.40GHz 88 °C
    I'd say your CPU is overheating.

First thing I'd check is if the CPU fan is seated properly, and if so, it probably needs its paste removed and re-applied with new goo.

failpost, didn't read last line
    Last edited by chazus; 2014-09-02 at 03:29 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    2 peeps with the Barney Stinson science thing... nice

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'd say your CPU is overheating.

First thing I'd check is if the CPU fan is seated properly, and if so, it probably needs its paste removed and re-applied with new goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunevde View Post
    Are the specs, please ignore the high cpu temp. Seems to be a bug when you first open speccy

Read the thread, mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Read the thread, mod.
    Ahaha, yeah. I have trouble reading stuff without line breaks and that last line I thought was just more GPU info. Derp.
    Last edited by chazus; 2014-09-02 at 03:35 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Although wow is cpu heavy rather than gpu, in your case i would say your cpu is fine but your gpu is on the lower end. Seeing fps dips in raiding from 60 to 25 on some fights is common so i wouldn't worry about that.
    Another thing is that at end of 2nd tier this expansion they did something and things got more demanding, in raiding at least.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the replies, I'll look into regooping the cpu and maybe acquiring a better GPU