Thread: How's my build?

Talking How's my build?

This is my current build, my case is pretty small for the bigger items in my build, (h100i, 280x)
    But how does anyone like it or judge ? im buying a corsair 750D for some more room and better management, but so far i love it, i only play wow and i run max ultra settings at about 110 frames, so what does everyone think? changes you'd make, or a solid build?

My first one so far.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9z87sY

Deleted
    ncie build , many ppl will think is overkill for "just WoW", but since u love it u are in right path imo,

Changes, well there is not much point for changing anything since you already build it, and wouldn't make much sense since everything is almost new

But if u are going to change your case, i would ask, How often do you use the optical drive? if not i would use the NZXT H440 is cheaper , and will fit everything perfectly, except for the dvd, but again how often u use it? because if you would ask be, so far since ive build my pc (3 months ago) i have never use it :P
    oh and btw use v sync for WoW u dont need ur pc running at 110fps all the time, is just consuming resources and making ur pc hotter and probably louder too
    Last edited by mmocc274989594; 2014-09-02 at 03:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can save a serious chunk of cash by doing this

-Instead of 3x2gb ram, get 2x4gb. More ram, cheaper price.
    -Instead of Samsung 830, get the 840 EVO. It's less than half the price
    -Instead of 2x2TB drives, get a single 4TB one.
    -Get an XFX or Seasonic PSU. I havent done enough research on the larger wattage Corsair CX's, but better to just avoid.

I have personal issues against Razer accessories... and don't recommend them, but that's up to you.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Chazus he already got the build and he is playing at it from what i gathered. OP you already have this and looking for upgrades or you are building now? I am confused.

Deleted
    A similar price for much better base-unit quality:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($241.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($113.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Avexir Core series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($75.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($204.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital AV-GP 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 290X 4GB DirectCU II Video Card ($522.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 730T Black ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.00 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($92.98 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Acer H276HLbmid 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($248.00 @ B&H)
    Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard ($67.96 @ NCIX US)
    Mouse: Logitech G602 Wireless Optical Mouse ($53.99 @ Amazon)
    Headphones: Sennheiser PC 323D 7.1 Channel Headset ($121.15 @ Amazon)
    Speakers: Logitech Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers ($60.99 @ Best Buy)
    Total: $2178.95
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-02 03:46 EDT-0400

yes, the computer is already built, i bought the GPU and SSD from a friend i know personally for $150 so I got a great deal on those products, the NZXT case I appreciate the suggestion but I like simple cases, my case now is just a simple black nothing else. I also agree with chazus I used to dislike Razer products but ive grown to be very fond of them, my old favorite was logitech, the thing with my RAM, is its my ram from my old computer which i had just bought from best buy years ago, so i just havent bought more ram yet, but im getting 2 x 4gb when i upgrade. my PSU I love because of being modular, corsair has done me well. and with the SSD, like I had said i got it from a friend of mine for very cheap, like 350$ worth of products for 150, good deal to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Let me understand.

You're asking opinions on a system that is already built, largely of second hand parts. There's not much to say. They only thing new really is the CPU/Mobo, which is nice. We can't really 'advise' since you already have it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I wouldn't waste hundres of dollars on Razer accessories.

Ordinary keyboards and mouses work just fine.

Deleted
    ...Then I'd say you've effectiuvely 'wasted' $1000 in arguably inferior tech. MY opinions:

1) Send the CPU/Moitherboard/PSU/RAM, Constellation HDD and the 830 SSD back right now.
    2) Go take a look at my build, and get those parts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    ...Then I'd say you've effectiuvely 'wasted' $1000 in arguably inferior tech.
    i think the build is >5 months old which makes it good build for his time , (which make u think ,daaaamn tecnology why u sooo fast), if that is not the case and u want a better pc do what he said ^, except for the video card , GTXs tends to run wow better than radeons
    Last edited by mmocc274989594; 2014-09-03 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people buy Seagate hard drives? Those things are riddled with failure. You don't have one but two of those piles of junk. Do yourself a favor and buy Hitachi, cause they never slow down and fail. Just look at the reliability reports. BTW, Western Digital is semi OK. If you have a Seagate for about a year then run CrystalDiskInfo or HD Tune and you'll see all kinds of warnings about the drive.

Deleted
    Yeah but last i checked hitachi rates are not a big sample cause they dont sell alot, so the sample is small and may not be accurate, compared to wd.