Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Investing in a quality monitor should help. 120hz+ LCDs are a lot smoother, and that Asus 144hz one in particular I know has Lightboost or something to lower latency, which I've heard also reduces motion sickness for many considerably. Something about strobing the backlight.
    We are talking about a console. Not a pc.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    We are talking about a console. Not a pc.
    you can plug a console on a PC monitor or you can buy a 120Hz TV.

I usually have a 90 fov at 1600x900, the thing that makes me queezy if at all is motion blur, especially games like crysis where the whole screen is like an acid trip when you look from side to side.

when i shake my head left to right irl, the whole world doesn't look like a watercolor painting.

It is well established that too low FOV can cause nausea and/or headache. The only cure is playing the first person shooter that have FOV adjusted for PC, or have a slider thast goes from 60 and up. If your FOV is 30, like on consoles, than it is a bad port, and nothing can be done. Just know it is the game's fault, not yours.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    you can plug a console on a PC monitor or you can buy a 120Hz TV.
    Which does jack all since the console is capped at 30-60 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    a good video on that

Thank you for this video, I enjoyed it a lot, both animations and information.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Can also be caused by shitty head bobbing
    Hey! I like head bobbing! Makes the experience more immersive.

OT: As the others before me have said: FoV is going to be your first problem to look into.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you're playing a shooter the gun is ridiculously close to your face, compared to how you would hold it in real life. So much so that your brain is going "hmmm... something's not right here!" Pretty much. Sitting a few meters back from your TV will help with this. But unless there's a FoV slider there isn't much you can do about it.

If the Field of view is too narrow I tend to get motion sick, thankfully most first person shooters have an adjustable FOV slider.

Deleted
    Yes some do, I usually get used to it fast though.

As most people have said, it's due to Field of View. More first person shooters should focus on having a choice to slide FoV.

The reason why field of view is lower on consoles (From what I assume) is due to the fact that everything would look so small on the screen from a far distance. Consoles are focused around the living room experience over everything else. On PCs, it should be expected that more people play on mouse and keyboard rather than controllers in the living room. Why developers forget about field of view on PCs just boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    As most people have said, it's due to Field of View. More first person shooters should focus on having a choice to slide FoV.

The reason why field of view is lower on consoles (From what I assume) is due to the fact that everything would look so small on the screen from a far distance. Consoles are focused around the living room experience over everything else. On PCs, it should be expected that more people play on mouse and keyboard rather than controllers in the living room. Why developers forget about field of view on PCs just boggles my mind.
    I think the headbobbing just bothers some people. I knew some dudes who got sick playing doom1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I think the headbobbing just bothers some people. I knew some dudes who got sick playing doom1.
    The headbobbing is more distracting than it is dizzying. Even with smooth camera like Half-Life I found to be more disorienting in lower FoV.