H:Seigecrafter - 2nd Automated Shredder suggestions/advice

So we're still trying to slug through the last couple of heroics before WoD hits I'm running into trouble with the 2nd shredder.

With the assembly line order the raid chose, we have the empowered magnet up shortly after DFA.

What I'm having trouble with is primarily positioning. It seems like as soon as I get the shredder into the center of the room (so I'm away from seigecrafter and within healing range) I'm doing nothing but dodging the missile turrent rings.

If I can keep him semi still I can DPS him down without an issue, the problem is I'm spending so much time with rings overlapping that I feel like I'm either going to eat the borers or I can't maintain uptime.

The first shredder doesn't have this issue since we start out with empowered missiles and they die so quicky, but these aren't empowered so we're stuck with them.

Any suggestions, ideas, tricks, and/or lessons learned would be helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can consider tanking the 2nd one and onwards ontop of the boss and have the melee run out on DFA, both of the tanks will be on 3/4/5 stacks for the 2nd add and you'll get some benefit from passive cleave. The healing the boss does to the add is pretty trivial in the face of that much tank damage.

Take the 2nd add right on top of the boss, and hold the boss until you get your 5th stack which will happen a few seconds after the shredder spawns. 5 stack + 2 stack tank should easily be able to destroy it after the DFA.

Also have no idea on earth why you would choose to have an empowered magnet up instead of empowered laser, though.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2014-09-02 at 07:53 AM.

We recently killed SC and was facing same problems, we did what Tech said above and found it much easier - both tanks just switch to shredder on DFA and it melts. Obviously you don't need to tank it in middle if you take the 5th stack Just remember to call out DFA for blind melee

Definitely try the strategies mentioned above.

We have first tank go to 3 stacks and solo first shredder ontop of a sawblade while second tank gets the next two stacks. First tank gets fourth stack after first shredder is dead then second tank goes up to 5 stacks. We tank all but the first shredder ontop of the boss.

Thank you for the insights. We were trying to swap at 3 stacks and let them just drop off as both of us can DPS a shredder down with 3 stacks, I was just having problems maintaining the uptime to kill it off with positioning where it was at.

I'll talk to the other tank about the 3-2-4-5 strat with all additional shredders on the boss. It's 10m so we only have 2 melee and we've set it up so one of them is on the belt soloing at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Thank you for the insights. We were trying to swap at 3 stacks and let them just drop off as both of us can DPS a shredder down with 3 stacks, I was just having problems maintaining the uptime to kill it off with positioning where it was at.

I'll talk to the other tank about the 3-2-4-5 strat with all additional shredders on the boss. It's 10m so we only have 2 melee and we've set it up so one of them is on the belt soloing at that point.
    There is no reason not to each take up to 5/6 stacks before resetting unless you're terrible at CD management. It gives you more vengeance, allows you to kill shredder almost instantly = less AoE raid dmg, and allows you do more boss dps/cleave on mines. Tanks can really help out the raid massively doing this, or at least so i found!