Deleted

Question [Crusader] Why Bowmen on Commander Build

As a relatively noob-ish Crusader, I have a simple question: Why do a lot of Lord Commander Builds recommend or insist to use the Bowmen Glyph?
    I just found Baleful Remnant AND Eternal Union (what a lucky bastard I am...) yesterday and tried it out. I feel like "Bodyguards" is way more comfortable, with enemies hardly reaching me since the Avatars are literally surrounding them and with 200% duration (from the ring), constantly having ~10 bodyguards swarming around and dealing a crapton of damage

what are the benefits of having bowmen?

15+ Year Old Account
    The bowmen does a crapton of damage. With the Phalanx shield you spawn 8 of them. With proper gear setup they will crit for around 9mill each and fire between 9-11 shots in a 5 sec period(or 18-22 shots in a 10second period with eternal union)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the other runes don't produce ranged burst damage with a low cooldown with no real drawbacks or resource cost. If you test them all out you will notice that Bowmen just is very effective and scales really well with CD reduction and other dps stats.

Deleted
    Ok, think I'll have to try it out... been pretty impressed by the damage potential of the Bodyguards... My general thought was:
    4 Bowman x 185% Dmg = 740%
    2 Bodyguards x 560% Dmg = 1120%
    Bowmen need to be cast every 15 secs, Bodyguard every 30secs, with both costing 30 wrath, resulting in bodyguards being WAY more cost efficient (half the cost per minute for ~150% Dmg).
    Plus the Baleful remnant spawning 1 Avatar, no matter wich Runes you use, so bodyguard would basically increase the value of the weapon proc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamael View Post
    Ok, think I'll have to try it out... been pretty impressed by the damage potential of the Bodyguards... My general thought was:
    4 Bowman x 185% Dmg = 740%
    2 Bodyguards x 560% Dmg = 1120%
    Bowmen need to be cast every 15 secs, Bodyguard every 30secs, with both costing 30 wrath, resulting in bodyguards being WAY more cost efficient (half the cost per minute for ~150% Dmg).
    Plus the Baleful remnant spawning 1 Avatar, no matter wich Runes you use, so bodyguard would basically increase the value of the weapon proc
    Bowmen are free, They shoot faster and dont use up their time trying to get to the target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Bowmen are free, They shoot faster and dont use up their time trying to get to the target.
    As I said before, I'm pretty much a Noobsader :-/
    What you just said is exactly what I recognized last night Didn't know about them being free... either I'm blind or the tooltips of the glyphs just don't show it clearly o.O

Anyways, thanks a lot for your help guys. I'm now a Lord Commander of bowmen squads, too

Also, the bowmen don't get as easily confused by small piles of rubble, or doorways, or an overturned chair, or a pile of dust or any of the bajillion reasons your avatars will use to stand there and do nothing while 10 yards away mobs and champions are trying to kill you.

Bowmen spawn, and shoot. Avatars spawn and *if you're lucky* start attacking straight away. . .

I've been maining pet crusader since April, back before all the new toys for the build. You need T&T for either to be really effective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    The bowmen does a crapton of damage. With the Phalanx shield you spawn 8 of them. With proper gear setup they will crit for around 9mill each and fire between 9-11 shots in a 5 sec period(or 18-22 shots in a 10second period with eternal union)
    Eternal Union increases the duration by 200%, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You need T&T for either to be really effective.
    What do you mean by T&T?

Deleted
    Bowmen are amazing, they do insane amounts of single target damage very quickly. They're also way better at dealing with evasive ranged mobs like ghosts or succubi.