Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    19/24, im american and dont know shit about the uk, #MERICA

Deleted
    21/24, not bad, some of those questions seemed a little...inconsistent.

Citizenship tests are so 2008, I just stomp across the border and demand amnesty.

10+ Year Old Account
    19/24 as a Swede, think i did ok there.

19. Dutchman.

FU UK, I was rejected 16/24... Atleast I answered correct on all of your historical questions.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

18/24 and i`m not even from the uk

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

meh i passed 21/24 i had to guess some of them, but most of the questions are bullshit anyway. especially having to know something about football seriously. you know there are plenty of ppl that would rather support competitive paint drying. at least 3 questions were about wales which helps when you live here. henry the VIII being a strong topic for me living in a (at one point) Tudor town my high school history revolved around them quite a lot.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-09-03 at 08:22 AM.

Deleted
    15/24, rejected. Although i don´t think that knowing about april fools day is something you have to know to become a UK citizen. (That false-true switch a la owl from Ocarina of Time was foul play btw :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    16. Could've gotten 20 if I thought more about them

22/24.

Didn't know the textile / engineering one or the magistrates.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    So you guys basically expect foreigners to know more about your country than yourselves.
    I don't think they need to know more, but speaking the language and knowing the laws, history and lifestyle should be something one would want before moving there, they aren't expecting vacationers to do it.

Deleted
    18/24. Most of the questions I had to guess.

Also it says I got rejected despite 18/24 = 75%, which goes against the first sentence; "Migrants to Britain hoping to gain citizenship must get 75 per cent or more on the Life in the UK test"

The danish version is much harder also.

15+ Year Old Account
    If the test was all about Little Britain I would pass with flying colors!
    Now I didnt.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    i know this might sound weird but different cultures study different shit

im sure there are plenty of french authors i know very well and studied plenty which you never heard about (or barely, by name)
    Jane Austin is a pretty big name to be totally oblivious to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember having to go for an interview to prove who I was when I applied for passport (when I was 21).

Got pretty much every question wrong but still got my passport. Probably helped that the interviewer guy lived in the same town as me and we ended up talking about where I lived.

19/24 not to bad, though i guessed on a few.

Deleted
    Britain has been a bit shit to minorities, women, the lower classes aswell as being wrapped up in religion and conquering other lands.
    Women and the lower classes have actually gotten a pretty sweet deal in terms of QoL, when compared to the history of every other country in the world ever. Minorities as well, if you ignore the empire (because technically they weren't minorities if they were living in India or wherever). You're right about it being an ambiguous question, however I don't think you were right when thinking of the words 'values and principles' to automatically jump to 'how people were treated by other people'.

I got 23/24 though. As I answered false to the principles based on traditions' question:

The Age of Enlightenment (or simply the Enlightenment or Age of Reason) was a cultural movement of intellectuals beginning in late 17th-century Europe emphasizing reason and individualism rather than tradition. Its purpose was to reform society using reason, to challenge ideas grounded in tradition and faith, and to advance knowledge through the scientific method. It promoted scientific thought, skepticism, and intellectual interchange.The Enlightenment was a revolution in human thought. This new way of thinking was that rational thought begins with clearly stated principles, uses correct logic to arrive at conclusions, tests the conclusions against evidence, and then revises the principles in the light of the evidence. (pasted from wikipedia)
    Last edited by mmoc44ab44658a; 2014-09-03 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    14/24 US citizen. I feel dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Took US citizenship test and got 40/50. I passed but I still feel dumb.

http://www.playbuzz.com/wrtvdigital10/can-you-pass-a-u-s-citizenship-test

21 / 24 - I clicked the wrong answer regarding Wales & Saint David by mistake. This isn't a real citizenship test of course, but I seriously hope there are more serious questions raised in the real one.

As important as it is to have a knowledge and understanding of the culture, I don't care if someone knows about Magistrates or Football ...