Hey guys looking for a decent lap top for this price range..... read more :D

Looking to spend no more than $1700

What I want:

I just want to be able to run most games on high settings no reason to go ultra or w/e.
    I'd like this machine to last me for a couple of years at least (2 - 3)

I really don't know anything about laptops at all so that's why I am posting here haha please give me your recommendations.. I have done some research on pcmag and other sites but i'd rather hear first hand from you guys - the gamers.

(please don't say just get a pc because I already have one... I am just looking for a solid laptop in the 1700 price range)

I'm going to get made fun of for admitting this and being a mac fanboy, but I just bought a refurbished macbook pro retina from Apple's refurbished site. Specs:
    Originally released June 2012
    2.3GHz Quad-core Intel i7
    15.4-inch (diagonal) Retina display; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch
    8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
    256GB Flash Storage
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

It was $1,469.

I had a few year old macbook pro that broke (apparently they shouldn't have drinks dumped on them) that I used to play WoW on while not on my Hackintosh, and this is a very sizable step up. I'll be able to tell you Thursday which settings/fps I am seeing.

One nice thing about macs is that they retain their resale value pretty well, if you don't water them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshlyman View Post
    I'm going to get made fun of for admitting this and being a mac fanboy, but I just bought a refurbished macbook pro retina from Apple's refurbished site. Specs:
    Originally released June 2012
    2.3GHz Quad-core Intel i7
    15.4-inch (diagonal) Retina display; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch
    8GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
    256GB Flash Storage
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

It was $1,469.

I had a few year old macbook pro that broke (apparently they shouldn't have drinks dumped on them) that I used to play WoW on while not on my Hackintosh, and this is a very sizable step up. I'll be able to tell you Thursday which settings/fps I am seeing.

One nice thing about macs is that they retain their resale value pretty well, if you don't water them.
    that would be fine for wow on OSX, but OP refered to more than just wow, so unless all his games are available on OSX, windows is needed, and without Unix the specs on a macbook are pitiful for gaming

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If $1700 is absolute, you can find ones a little less decked out, but this line of laptops has gotten killer reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/G750JS-RS71-i7...ds=asus+laptop

As per the dislike of the HDD in that one, here is the one from Newegg, with the 7200rpm drive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834231631
    Last edited by Kev2Tall; 2014-09-02 at 08:12 PM.
    Cairne, my brother, I will avenge your death, Magatha Grimtotem and her followers will pay with their lives.

Ewwwww 5400rpm.

You can get a Sager from XoticPC for about $1400 and it comes with a i7-4810MQ and a 6GB GTX 870M and it's customizable as well. The OS is a extra $80, though you can snag a Win8 MSDN key from here for about $20.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2014-09-02 at 07:59 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.