Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    There is the original outlay cost though
    There is money in skilled labor, I do ok working on garage doors, I could make more but I try to keep my prices low and not overcharge.
    On the downside it will eat up a lot of time and there is stress involved, people see how and when I work at say "you must not be married". If you get into hiring people that is another set of problems.
    From what I have seen not everyone can run things, it takes control over yourself, forcing yourself to do things.
    Friend tried to run an auto shop, he hired people he knew and they did some work and spend most the time getting high, it didn't last long.
    My dad owns the boat dealership I work at, I know how it goes. I know what his position has done to him, but in the end of it all he's been successful. When I was a kid I didn't understand. I actually always told myself, I never want to do what my dad does. You know what now? I'm older now and after working at the dealership for a couple years now I see what he's done, and what he's built, and I think it's all been worth it. I just kind of wish I understood when I was younger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Vote republican. High top income tax brackets and excessive regulation are keeping you down.
    Don't forget immigrants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    My dad owns the boat dealership I work at, I know how it goes. I know what his position has done to him, but in the end of it all he's been successful. When I was a kid I didn't understand. I actually always told myself, I never want to do what my dad does. You know what now? I'm older now and after working at the dealership for a couple years now I see what he's done, and what he's built, and I think it's all been worth it. I just kind of wish I understood when I was younger.
    Completely agree. Sadly enough, if you stick to your dream you will fail. Even sadder is if every person believed that we wouldn't have the greats of our society. It's quite a paradox.

Vote republican. High top income tax brackets and excessive regulation are keeping you down.
    Is this "liberal compassion"?

He posed a serious question looking for serious answers on how to achieve his goals, and you snark?

Okay......

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post

He posed a serious question looking for serious answers on how to achieve his goals, and you snark?
    I have a sickness ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this "liberal compassion"?

Okay......
    There is such a thing as cynical liberalism. We're not all tree hugging bleeding heart types.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

My being kind of a dick has nothing to do with my political views.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine does. I view most people as fools that need to be taken care of by the state.

Given the OP hasn't posted yet I'm pretty sure he expected this to be a perfect flame thread topic. Not going to lie, I would expect that too.

WHY ARENT WE RAGING?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by diddle; 2014-09-03 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Given the OP hasn't posted yet
    I don't think he's ever coming back, just look at him...He's a fat guy with acne tripping on acid.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Mine does. I view most people as fools that need to be taken care of by the state.
    If most people are "fools" and "the state" is just a organization of people, how can you be sure that "the state" isn't ran by fools?

10+ Year Old Account
    If most people are "fools" and "the state" is just a organization of people, how can you be sure that "the state" isn't ran by fools?
    That's where technocracy comes in.

Tell your boss to forfeit your pay so you think of other ways to make money while you continue working.

go to college so you have an ass load of debt to pay

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually posted a Union Custodial Job in these very forums that would have paid an ex-friend of mine $17/hour starting to do the very same things as the OP - She declined it saying it was disgusting. I would hope that someone who does it for $8/hour would be OK with doing it for $17/hour as a spring board to better things within that Company.

your asking a statist why he trust the government. It's like a religion, as long as its their view of what the state should do, nothing is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    I actually posted a Union Custodial Job in these very forums that would have paid an ex-friend of mine $17/hour starting to do the very same things as the OP - She declined it saying it was disgusting. I would hope that someone who does it for $8/hour would be OK with doing it for $17/hour as a spring board to better things within that Company.
    I remember that thread. I would've been all over that job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    your asking a statist why he trust the government. It's like a religion, as long as its their view of what the state should do, nothing is wrong.
    Except my views as to what the state should do are based in rationalism, unlike religion.

Learn to drive a forklift then make $30 hr jerking off.

Our laborer makes $15 /hour and he just pushes a broom around for 8 hours.

I did your job for 6 years for 8$ buddy. You are working 400% harder then me for no money. That is the reality. Get the fuck out of Fast food unless you are a store manager.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2014-09-03 at 02:37 AM.

One could say you hang "low and to the left." /guffaw
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.