I bitch about this game but I am pulling for it...

I hope the future bodes well for WoW, I tend to be abrasive about the game at times but I have to admit, I do hope that it succeeds and innovates.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

so refreshing to hear something nice for once. I also hope this isn't trolling lol
    Draenor will be amazing

I think WOD might be pretty good, I will be coming back for that.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with this post, I really wish they'd have more 5 mans though.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I hope the future bodes well for WoW, I tend to be abrasive about the game at times but I have to admit, I do hope that it succeeds and innovates.
    I agree, but don't think WoD is going to be that saving grace they hope for. With as little as they have to offer coupled with the mounting "faster expansions" cycle, I just don't see how it can be. They're asking players to just suck it up and buy half an expansion for more than the usual cost of an expansion. We're starting off with limited content compared to other 10 level expansions, and now there's talk of only two added raid tiers. At the end of the day, what are they really offering that's going to pull this game back from it's current pre-TBC numbers? That's right folks, this game hasn't had so few subscribers since Sept. 2006, which was exactly 8 years ago.

I hope they've got massive plans for things, but I honestly think WoW is ready to be put out to pasture and the expansion train to stop rolling.

As a general rule people do not complain things they do not care about; they take issue with disappoints stemming from things they do actually care about.

I've been unsubbed for a while. I just burned out on pointlessly grinding for gold and capping toons for all classes. I mainly PvP so FOTM started to really annoy me. What we get instead of balance is that every dog has its day. It's just easier to develop that way.

To me WoD reeks of WoW in sunsetting mode. Abilities, flight, everything is simply being brought to its most basic form to make future development as easy as possible. And just like an old house being flipped, new models are supposed to be that new coat of paint to make you forget that there's actually stains on the walls and other rot within.

I said I'd come back and offer opinions about the male night elf, but honestly its so totally crap I don't even know where to begin. The female night elf has a very long thread explaining what is wrong with it, but I doubt anything will be done to fix most of it. The female Draenei is okay, but I really can't easily forget that they've done just very odd things with it. Those simple superimposed images tell the tale: its posture and outline have been altered, its head is smaller, etc. How is any of that justified if the point is to recreate the original look and feel of our old toons? And those changes are really and truly not improvements, just new problems in exchange for the old ones. One step forward, two steps back.

I want to offer constructive criticism, but frankly a kind of overwhelming fatigue sets in very quickly. It's not like I'm being paid to fix their crap for them. Making the effort to explain all that is wrong with the new models is probably a fool's errand anyway.

And that new coat of paint really mattered I think. As they dumb down and simplify everything in sight, I think new eye candy was very necessary to make us forget the rot within. I've noticed that some people think they are developing a return to the Lich King story cycle. Ummm, been there and done that...Addicts will just continue to pay the sub, the rest of us must sadly move on from something we would actually enjoy if they made an effort worthy of our continued support.

But at this point, I don't see anything worthy of continued support.

I might play WoD if I get snowed in and need to stave off cabin fever. Otherwise, I won't return until I can multibox in Free to Play WoW.

I shout and pout all the time because I know what Blizzard WAS and I see now what Blizzard IS. I know what they're capable of (WC3, SC1, D1, D2) but I'm aghast at what they're doing today. I want to see them do what they used to do.

Starcraft 2 practically Starcraft 1 in 3D with new units, i.e Brood Wars 2.0, after a decade in development.
    Diablo 3 a mess for the first 2 years, after a decade in development.
    WoW going down, down, down after WOTLK because they say they didn't really have any new competition. TOR's (unexplained) failure let them rest on their laurels and put out an abysmal expansion which lost them more players than any previous expansion.

Five expansions in and we've still got no mounted combat, no naval combat, world PVP still a mess, Warcraft spirit created by the incredible WC3 story, music and gameplay all but forgotten as we're bringing back dead villains and April Fool's jokes as actual content. We went front Arthas stabbing his father in the throne room and becoming the Lich King to Tirion MagicSword #ByTheLight #PlotDevice Fordring and Sloooooooooooow Doooooooooooooooown pandaland.

PVE is still static enemies doing static things, raiders are still deluded that raiding ever took skill in WoW (especially pre-BC raiders), and they keep focusing on PVE PVE PVE yet even then it's not something which innovates but rather goes backwards, like removal of flight and god knows what else.