Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Aww, the one with green eyes looks so sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    The option will probably still come, this is work in progress, and just today faces were added, calm down people.
    This, too. The models are still a work in progress; Robinson himself said they built the new faces with a neutral expression and will alter the resting expression on each face to look more like their current ingame 'personality.'
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Orcs have a ''mildly'' happy face, you're not going to not have the option, take it easy. Breathe!

15+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes whined endlessly throughout every artcraft and forum about it, this very forum whined and whined about how creepy and far apart it looked to the old ones. Some people from the official forums even spammed the shit out of Robinson on twitter for the face.

You get what you ask for.

The option will probably still come, this is work in progress, and just today faces were added, calm down people.
    So, if they are complaining about things you don't care about or disagree on, they're whining and spamming. Got it.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    To be fair, it looks more like the original, while still looking great, but there's something about the other one I already fell in love with, so disappointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    So, if they are complaining about things you don't care about or disagree on, they're whining and spamming. Got it.
    Yes, a bunch of people took it to spam his every post with the same statement over and over, it is spaming. You don't need to say something more than once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maijson View Post
    People forget that with the initial Blizzard announcement that the female gnome was probably one of the most popular updates. It wasn't until beta when people realized that the smiling face constituted EVERY face that people soured on it.

But the smile was good! It was adorable, it fit the race to a tee. The default smiling face looks a hell of a lot better than the quagmire of anger and depression that constitutes all of the current faces, that's for damn sure. I mean seriously just look at the first face. It looks so damn sad. Is that really how people want their character reflected in-game?
    They should at least give one smile face.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, a bunch of people took it to spam his every post with the same statement over and over, it is spaming. You don't need to say something more than once.
    I disagree. If someone says one thing once in a pile of posts, it will not get recognized.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    I disagree. If someone says one thing once in a pile of posts, it will not get recognized.
    Yup. You don't need to flood his twitter but just saying it once and hoping it got seen, with such a high-profile feed... you're gonna get lost in the noise.

Sig by Isilrien

goddamn, i might have to make my human female a gnome now if they don't pull some magic like this with human females.

sad day for the game, blizzard listen too much to the depresseed hardcore media whiners... who spend too much time playing cos thier lives are so depressing, they get offended by smilinb.. such a shame

most of the players though, are not like your hardcore addict, and will notice the surly expressions, already people are spotting how angry all the night elf male faces look and they don't like that you gotta havesome cheerful ones

as someone said earier , gnomes are so upbeat, it's such a shame, i liked how she smiled

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    sad day for the game, blizzard listen too much to the depresseed hardcore media whiners... who spend too much time playing cos thier lives are so depressing, they get offended by smilinb.. such a shame

most of the players though, are not like your hardcore addict, and will notice the surly expressions, already people are spotting how angry all the night elf male faces look and they don't like that you gotta havesome cheerful ones

as someone said earier , gnomes are so upbeat, it's such a shame, i liked how she smiled
    Female gnomes have changed every single build for the past three or four builds. It's clearly heavily a WIP...

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Jaen View Post
    I loved the smile What's wrong with keeping a positive outlook in a world full of doom and gloom?
    agreed, thendepressed ppl hate smilers, they whine at anything that's not dark and gloomy, why do you think people hated MoP, without trying it once, too happy, not dark and iserable like the way they feel

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    just complain en masse about everything but just not so much that you lose the alpha worgen female and end up with the bug-eyed chihuahua going live.
    looking at my warlock on wowhead, we already got the bug-eyed ratdog.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Female gnomes have changed every single build for the past three or four builds. It's clearly heavily a WIP...
    snuzzz, can you track the face of each build? how i wish the nelf male changed for the better in the face each patch, did they fix the nose of the tauren?

having every face look like a smiling, dopey idiot is childish and idiotic.

15+ Year Old Account
    snuzzz, can you track the face of each build? how i wish the nelf male changed for the better in the face each patch, did they fix the nose of the tauren?
    I just notice the ones I care about. I am sure others who care about other races are watching them for changes like a hawk.

No change on female tauren. Haven't checked male nelves.

Sig by Isilrien

15+ Year Old Account
    Evolution of the female gnome:

When we first saw her:

A few build later, she was a bit buggy, constantly bouncing up and down on the char select screen, but still perky:

Then she got a bit sad:

Now she's angry:

So please... take a deep breath and calm down everyone. I know it's tough when it's your favorite model, believe me I know. But she is being worked on and that's GOOD! But it might take them a few builds to hammer her out to where they want her. Give feedback, but remain polite and calm. They haven't ruined her, the whiners didn't win... she's just being worked on.

Sig by Isilrien

People forget that with the initial Blizzard announcement that the female gnome was probably one of the most popular updates. It wasn't until beta when people realized that the smiling face constituted EVERY face that people soured on it.

But the smile was good! It was adorable, it fit the race to a tee. The default smiling face looks a hell of a lot better than the quagmire of anger and depression that constitutes all of the current faces, that's for damn sure. I mean seriously just look at the first face. It looks so damn sad. Is that really how people want their character reflected in-game?
    Gnomes are some of the smartest individuals on the planet and are homeless because they lost their home and who knows many people to a nuke. How does a constant, vapid smile fit that race to a tee?

Blizzard said when they started the remodeling that they wanted to keep the spirit of the characters, and none of the current female gnome faces are constantly smiling. New face options? Sure. Changing existing options when they aren't offering free recustomization? Fuck no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Gnomes are some of the smartest individuals on the planet and are homeless because they lost their home and who knows many people to a nuke. How does a constant, vapid smile fit that race to a tee?

Blizzard said when they started the remodeling that they wanted to keep the spirit of the characters, and none of the current female gnome faces are constantly smiling. New face options? Sure. Changing existing options when they aren't offering free recustomization? Fuck no.
    NONE of them?

Those are faces 3 and 4, I would say they are quite chipper. Face 3 has a rather large smile, face 4's is more subtle but still there.

They shouldn't ALL smile, but some of them did and should. (And I'm confident they will again eventually).

Sig by Isilrien

Release is two months away, there is zero reason to keep quiet about this if you're not happy with the change.

The time frame wherein they can actually respond to this is very limited.
    he said to calm down.

That doesnt suggest at all to stop giving feedback.

In fact this is why i saw your post before initially responding.

because my first thought is "there is probably going to be someone linking a twitter post about "the smiling faces of certain gnome options will be returning in next build" from one of the Dev's on page 2 or 3."

If there isnt yet I'm sure there will be. because the people here arent the only ones talking and someone is going to ask soon.

If you want you can be the person that asks.

People saying that something is in beta or unfinished doesnt mean "So dont complain". It means "Dont act like this is the finished product. If you think there is a problem make sure you or someone else is providing that feedback to blizzard"

So yes, you do have a short time to provide feedback and should. But again dont just assume because you see a picture on the internet that its is representative of anything.

- - - Updated - - -

agreed, thendepressed ppl hate smilers, they whine at anything that's not dark and gloomy, why do you think people hated MoP, without trying it once, too happy, not dark and iserable like the way they feel
    Thats a very angry negative post for someone who claims to like smiles.

If you are a positive person, be positive to those who you dont think are. Not negative to them.