Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Paladins! Share your name origins

I am Anaxie. I used to be known by another name when I was a horrid Draenei Male before sex change was enabled within the game.

My name was Anaxes the name came from

Share your story

Treatise is my paladin.

I chose the name because I am an English teacher, so forms of literature interest me, and I try to name my characters with literary/grammatical (or cinematic) meaning. Following that, treatises always seem to be aimed at declaring intent and/or establishing diplomacy, and I thought that was a good base for a paladin.

My Tauren Paladin is Torahn. A play on words. Quite fitting actually.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

10+ Year Old Account
    Human Pally by the name of Justicejones

used to have a Tauren prot pally called Unstopbubull, triple-threat pun that i found hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    My paladin is a male dorf named Artty. My real name (Arttu) was already taken, so it became Artty instead.

Deleted
    Name of my human Paladin is Thorenor. I wanted Löwenherz, but it was already taken so I had to think about something new. And somehow "Thorenor" came into my mind. Some kind of mix between the hammer-wielding God and a name that would fit into Lord of the Rings Since then Knights, Paladins or heavy melee in other games are "Thorenor" as well.

I am Lunethzero, but later was able to change my name to Lune. People never really said my full name anyways and that's where I got the idea to just make it official. The name originated from Final Fantasy 3, which at the time was the best one I had played. I was not able to use the name Luneth as apparently it was a popular name to almost every server which for some reason all were lvl 1 to 10s. Years later I had noticed that apparently there is an NPC with my name in Northrend that goes by the name of Illusia Lune in wintergarde keep. It was definitely a funny coincidence but to be fair my name was there before Wrath so yeah lol

My paladin's name is: Primobolan. Which is an steroid, I found that name quite cool when i read it

Rhombus, Paladin from Fallout 1

10+ Year Old Account
    My Blood Elf male Paladin is called Wanderlust. He's named after my favorite Nightwish song.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    dinalap, it was meant to be paladin backwards, but i did it wrong but still thought it sounded cool

I have two Paladins, first is Andruh my Alliance Human Paladin. It felt both fantasy-y and proper for a Human. Now my Blood Elf she is named Fheona. I named her that when I was going through a Burn Notice phase lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tasgall, a Solamnic Knight from the Dragonlance series!

Cloud, after a famous blond spiky hair guy from the fantasy that ends 7 times.

Human: Winnbane - I don't remember where it came from. I thought it sounded cool, I guess. <---current paladin.

Dwarf: Ironcider - Same character just race changed version. Now a Pandaren Shaman by this name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brofist, dunno why but it just popped up into my head after i'd server changed ( my name was taken Q_Q).
    I've got a reputation on my server for ridiculous names though, i've got a DK whose name is Bouillabaisse, which is an asteroid the french named, turns out it also means fish soup.
    Why did the french decide to name an asteroid after Fish Soup?

Penitent ... for the time honoured trope of disgraced knights who forswear title, land and glory to atone for past misdeeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    The name's Astanar. Based on that Elven village in Ashenvale.

My belf pally's name is Wyrden, name taken from a green (?) dragon from the eragon books.
    My other pally is called Firnien, but i don't remember why.

My Paladin's name is Kyuusaisha, which is Japanese for Savior, which is pretty apt for a Holy Paladin ^^.