Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The link may be safe but there's a link on the page it takes you to that definitely looks suspicious.

Probably best avoided.

Edit: I'm pretty sure you can still find out if you've been credited free game time just by looking at your b.net acct management.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Im actually a WoW and Blizz fanboy if you really knew me. What other reason can you think of? 6.0 will not be out by then so its almost pointless.
    More then likly you will hear something in the quarterly report that there was so many million downloads of wow.

You will still get blizzard sub number report but it will use the sandwich technique to smooth out the rough edges.

It will go something like this model:

Positive statements -
    Negative statements-
    Positive statements-

It's used all the time in PR and in handling office personal talks. Like this.

WOw is getting ready to launch it's next massive expansions. We haves old over 1.5 million pre-orders. While subs are down by an additional 2 million we have had 2.5 million new downloads of wow.

Positive - negative - positive

PR spin and blizzard is really good at it. It will look (like in my example) that while they lost 2 million paying subs, they gained 2.5 million. However, those wont be paying subs but it sure looks nice to say and draws your attention away from the meat of the conversation - the actual loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    Some crazy ramblings
    On the day I clicked the link 2 of my RC planes crashed. Was definitely the link that did it so I would advise everyone to not click it.

They just want to pad the quarter 3 numbers.
    You mean the numbers whose disclaimers explicitly excludes free promotional time?

Deleted
    Just to clarify something (still confuse about it). If I've received this promotion, does that mean I only have to buy MoP and WoD + subscription time to play when it runs out at 26th September or will I have to buy Vanilla+TBC+WotL+Cata?

I can't log in. I know for sure my password is correct, and I'm entering my authenticator code correctly, but something isn't right. Maybe I got hacked. I've now "made too many attempts" to log in.

No free game for me

- - - Updated - - -

l2read, Reyina.

It's fake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyina View Post
    l2read, Reyina.

It's fake
    It's not fake.

However if you had an existing WoW account you weren't eligible for it, so l2read bit is true though.

I know right its like they are a business or something....

Guys, if you read the actual message, you will see it is probably only going out to people who have a battlenet account WITHOUT having WOW on that account.. so like starcraft and Diablo players. Basically it is just the original game ( which is now vanilla-Wotlk) along with 30 free days... which basically costs $10 if you were to buy it. It really isn´t that big of a deal, and nothing for us because it is a NEW account, which means starting over, not logging into your lvl 90s you have now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    If the deal is you get the game for free and also get the free month with it then they can indeed be counted as subscribers.

World of Warcraft’s Subscriber Definition

World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees’ territories are defined along the same rules.

Assuming that is the way the deal works then they will almost certainly mitigate some big losses. Well played Blizzard!
    did you miss the word ´purchased´ in that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Basically it is just the original game ( which is now vanilla-Wotlk)
    Small correction, actually it's vanilla-cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    Just to clarify something (still confuse about it). If I've received this promotion, does that mean I only have to buy MoP and WoD + subscription time to play when it runs out at 26th September or will I have to buy Vanilla+TBC+WotL+Cata?
    They are giving you vanilla, BC and Wotlk ( um, and Cata). When your time runs out, you would need to subscribe to keep playing up to Cata content, and then you would have to buy the other expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I always find it particularly insulting that Blizzard gives free game time to people who stop playing their games, and nothing to people who have been subscribed for long periods of time without interruption.

I get why they do it ($$$) but it's in poor taste, imo.
    This is going out to battlenet people who have never played WOW. It is a new account. People are not going to suddenly be able to log in with their lvl 90s.

I have been unsubscribed for about 6 months now, and the only ´free´ time I got was 7 days ( I think after being gone 4 months). I also am able to play on the PTR, but haven´t bothered downloading it. The reason I am not playing WOW has nothing to do with $15 per month.. I was just bored of it. Even when they gave me the 7 days, I logged in once the first day, just to collect my guild-gold and then ran around for a few mins. Spent 5 mins on Timeless island with an alt.. and then remembered why I unsubscribed to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post

did you miss the word ´purchased´ in that?
    That is what is was saying. If Blizzard makes that distinction then they will not count. That is Blizzards own description for subscriber and they do count people in the free month you get with the game. It may be a bit disingenuous but they could count them as subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonky View Post
    You guys are idiots, why do you think it's fake when it's a Blizzard url?

It's legit.

Infracted
    You sir, won the idiot of the day contest. Congratulations

Two things to mention here that most people seem to ignore, first: it's not fully free to play because it doesn't include MoP and is more like an extended trial and second: Come on, don't tell me this link even seems a little bit legit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquize View Post
    first: it's not fully free to play because it doesn't include MoP and is more like an extended trial and second: Come on, don't tell me this link even seems a little bit legit
    First: It's a free Battlechest. The one regularly available for $10. It's not an "extended trial".
    Second: It's legit, which you would have found out had you bothered to read any of the other posts in this 9 page long thread.
    Last edited by mmoc6fa6ccc95e; 2014-09-15 at 11:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This.

Best they can do besides an Annual Pass.