Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    this is a real Blizzard website and everyone claiming its fake is plain a blizzard hater and has no brain. WoD is comming and they want to get hooked as many as possible.
    My guess is they are targeting people like me. They want me to log in out of morbid curiosity to see if it's real, and there I am, standing in shrine of whatever winds or whatever that panda place is called, and my guildies are like "OMG IT'S HIM! HEY MAN WE WERE JUST MAKING A GROUP TO RUN HEROIC SCENARIOS WANT TO JOIN? wE LOVE YOU MAAAAAAN COME BAAAAAAAAAACK" no. not this time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I literally just resubbed a few hours ago.

Now I'm kind of hoping this is fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    media.blizzard.com is probably an asset subdomain for them. That's why it's not https. But if blizzard.com is a legit Blizzard address, then media.blizzard.com is as well.
    I pretty much said as much in less technical terms but with supporting evidence. (To be fair I didn't know the technical terms, thank you)

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Well to be honest they should do 1 of 2 if they want to expand the game
    Make it free and charge to buy the expanison, kida similiar to gw where you buy the game but dont pay sub fee but have stupid cosmetic microtransations which we already have in a SUB GAME
    OR CHarge the sub feee, but make ALL expansions free, someone on a sub 4 months pays for an expansion and alot more people will sub who dont have 60 bucks to pay right off the bat.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I think at this point though, anyone who's wanted to play WoW has already played it. If it's really for "new accounts only", I imagine the idea is to get them invested in a character for a month. Then they'll feel compelled to purchase the game and WoD as well. They must be going for the newest of the new players here. I just don't know how many of them are out there, but I suppose every little bit helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    I fail to see how you can be this dense.

Thank you ablib. I will mention, the second link I posted.. FROM MY BETA KEY EMAIL. I do actully have a legit beta key by the way. I'll provide screenshots of both the email, my account screen (With private info blanked out of course), and me actully logged in if you need more Evidance.
    Don't bother, you don't have to prove anything to her. That response was way out of line and totally uncalled for, let her eat crow while she wallows in nescience.

It is legit.

FF14 just had last week free.
    I don't see why WoW doesn't do that.

People MAY sub after Sept 26 which is at the end of 3rd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Patience to verify the legitimacy of this claim simply must be thrown out for specious hysteria...
    Not really, a bunch of us provided proof it was real but people still refuse to believe it's legit :P

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is legit.

FF14 just had last week free.
    I don't see why WoW doesn't do that.

People MAY sub after Sept 26 which is at the end of 3rd quarter.
    That's the thing. They know a lot of people are burned out and unsure about going back, so they want people to log on and then start shooting the poop with their guildies, which will then cause social happiness and make them really tempted to resub,

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope my bro's account is eligible so he can get Horde chopper without paying since he doesn't have access to a computer right now and I could log in for him. Unless, do trial accounts count towards the log in to be eligible for a free Horde mount promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonky View Post
    Not really, a bunch of us provided proof it was real but people still refuse to believe it's legit :P
    If it was a phish it would have a login box. Instead the page instructs you to sign up if you aren't already and then log in using the battle.net application. It's a pretty bad phish if it fails to do any phishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I literally just resubbed a few hours ago.

Now I'm kind of hoping this is fake.
    Don't feel bad. If you never get this email, then you were never targeted for the free promotion.

This isn't for everyone, folks. Someone got the email, found the embedded link, and spread it -- probably on reddit. It's only for the few select targets Blizzard always does to get players to return.

Honestly, I think it would be an unbelievable idea for WoW to go totally F2P, for everyone starting October 1st to November 13th. That would be a way to suck players in, right into buying and playing the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't work on frozen accounts (as in, sub expired, not banned lol). I haven't paid for a sub in months, I would've definitely logged in if it was free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

It also wouldn't be hosted by a Blizzard domain :P

Just going to assume it's an upcoming promotion, makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Doesn't work on frozen accounts (as in, sub expired, not banned lol). I haven't paid for a sub in months, I would've definitely logged in if it was free.
    Well what are they even getting at then? Lol. Maybe they are just letting new accounts try the battle chest version past level 20 for free or something.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Im actually a WoW and Blizz fanboy if you really knew me. What other reason can you think of? 6.0 will not be out by then so its almost pointless.
    Not already subbed = No free play. How is this padding numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Neemo View Post
    Not already subbed = No free play. How is this padding numbers?
    After careful investigation it doesn't appear to be announced on any official news feed yet. So it's probably a website for an upcoming free week announcement that hasn't been made yet.

How the OP turned up the website without knowing about it's existence is another question. But that might be some generic URL that they dump future email announcements on.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    You've proven your dueling prowess in Hearthstone™. Now come and test your skills in World of Warcraft™—absolutely free! We're giving you the full digital version of World of Warcraft, which comes with 30 days of game time* and includes all of content from The Burning Crusade™, Wrath of the Lich King™, and Cataclysm™. Adventure to level 85, and explore the far reaches of Azeroth astride the Hearthsteed you’ve earned.

To get started, follow these simple steps:

Fire up the Battle.net® desktop app and log in.
    Click World of Warcraft on the left game-navigation bar.
    Install World of Warcraft.
    Click Play!

*Act fast, as your free game time expires September 26, 2014, after which you'll need to subscribe to keep playing.

For more information on World of Warcraft and how to get started on your adventure, check out our Beginner's Guide.

See you in Azeroth!

The World of Warcraft Team

If people want an SS of the actual e-mail, I can do that later.

tl;dr
    The "free" WoW is legit; you're just expected to make a fresh account and start from scratch, plus it has restrictions.

So free battle chest basically?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably. Long story short, I made an account to play hearthstone on (separate from my main account) and won a couple games (I haven't touched it in probably 2 months). Received this e-mail Aug. 30.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Would make more sense to do it during the 6.0 patch or at least closer to it no?
    Anyone interested in playing will be resubbing for 6.0 anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I think it's fake, my sub expires on the 21st of Sept just like before... no change made to it to reflect the free time....