Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    14,726
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Ok, i rape a woman, and she has a kid, Can i sue for custody?
    per your logic yes, but im guessing you aren't going to say yes...
    The child support issue..... careful..
    While it might seem unjust... Those are done for the child. The third person involved in such event.
    People, we, tend to always focus on the two people that had sex.. The one that should suffer the least from such circumstances is the third person, the child. Hence why the courts usually rule in favor of them.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    but she HAS custody atm.
    She never should have had it, she "
    see the gender problem here?
    she should have about as good chance of getting custody as any other rapist.
    Any other position is blatantly sexist.
    If you can't see how it's different then I don't know what to say.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    No, it shouldn't. He shouldn't have to pay on the other hand but she shouldn't get the kid taken from her.
    I know you disagree with the law, but at the end of the day it IS the law and you are wrong. Xanjori's recent post explains quite well why a 14 year old can never really have consensual sex with an adult.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    If you can't see how it's different then I don't know what to say.
    Of course there is a slight difference between statutory rape and actual rape. But newsflash: they are both crimes. He is right.

  4. #204
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    14,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    Sorry, I forgot you're allowed to be but I'm not. That's how MMO-C works right?
    You show zero sign or will to even acknowledge anything of reason, even when you're presented with the applicable law..
    Instead you only try to enforce your own made up mind onto those that discuss with you.. That's not discussion. That's acting like a dick.
    The second quote was only a suggestion.. Could as well have said "think about this for a moment"..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I know you disagree with the law, but at the end of the day it IS the law and you are wrong. Xanjori's recent post explains quite well why a 14 year old can never really have consensual sex with an adult.
    Saying something is good because it's law isn't exactly a good argument. By law I couldn't buy stronger alcoholic drinks at Systembolaget until I was 20 for consumation at home or parties, but I could've driven a car at 18, could buy cigarettes at 18, could go to a bar and get drunk as fuck when I was 18, legally.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Of course there is a slight difference between statutory rape and actual rape. But newsflash: they are both crimes. He is right.
    I'm referring to the woman giving birth as opposed to demanding custody of an already existing child.

  6. #206
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Which is why such a law is stupid. Why should they get in trouble because of something I wanted and sought out from them?
    Because they were adults who should have known better (assuming that the guys you slept with were adults - if they were other children, well then I'd call a mutual growing up experience...)

  7. #207
    Immortal Manakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cambridge!
    Posts
    7,949
    Also, guys & girls, he could have the CS payments waived completely if he pursues legal action over his allegation of rape, and as a result he could even have her stripped of custody if successful in prosecution.

    Which again depends upon state, she could sue for visitation rights or even be prohibited straight off the bat from custody/ visits after conviction.

    So far though he hasn't actually pressed charges, only commented on it and how he wants to try and enter the child's life, so in the eyes of the law (So far) he isn't viewed as a (Statutory) rape victim yet.

    It's an interesting scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh Manakin, have I told you lately that I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    The British did not play a major role in WW2

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Saying something is good because it's law isn't exactly a good argument. By law I couldn't buy stronger alcoholic drinks at Systembolaget until I was 20 for consumation at home or parties, but I could've driven a car at 18, could buy cigarettes at 18, could go to a bar and get drunk as fuck when I was 18, legally.
    It was badly worded on my part. The 'you are wrong' part was supposed to be separate. I intended to say that A) it is the law, so it should be upheld to the letter in this case, which it isn't, and also B) your opinion on the law is wrong, as explained by Xanjori.

  9. #209
    Stood in the Fire Zeruge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You show zero sign or will to even acknowledge anything of reason, even when you're presented with the applicable law..
    Instead you only try to enforce your own made up mind onto those that discuss with you.. That's not discussion. That's acting like a dick.
    The second quote was only a suggestion.. Could as well have said "think about this for a moment"..
    We both know you were acting like an ass on purpose because you believe your argument - you can't kid a kidder ;-)

    Anyway, I wasn't even talking about the plausibility of the law, I was just mentioning that statutory rape is not related to rape just because of the word rape. Your question of "How can it be called rape" had an answer, and I provided you with that answer - it's not called rape. S'all I was saying.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post

    I'm referring to the woman giving birth as opposed to demanding custody of an already existing child.
    Could you elaborate on this with reference to the post you quoted? I'm not sure I understand; it sounds a little like you're saying 'it's right that the woman gets custody in this case because she gave birth to the child, while the man did not'. But that can't be it, surely?

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    It was badly worded on my part. The 'you are wrong' part was supposed to be separate. I intended to say that A) it is the law, so it should be upheld to the letter in this case, which it isn't, and also B) your opinion on the law is wrong, as explained by Xanjori.
    Tell me how does such a law protect underaged people. I could be 14 and 11 months old, an adult having sex with me then would be illegal. Cue 1 month later I'm free to be gangbanged by 10 men without it being illegal. What changed in that 1 month? Nothing and that's why I think the law is stupid.

  12. #212
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where the vikings roam, so not the US
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    If you can't see how it's different then I don't know what to say.
    there is no difference beyond the gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    This is actual data of accusations and convictions.
    You can link me the legal definition of "rape" all you want.
    Those are the actual conviction statistics.
    Proverbs 12:23

  13. #213
    i´d love to see an older woman rape a teen, i imagine myself in his place...cept if she goes for the backdoor ofc, but i doubt that happens
    My lines are so potent that in this segment i made all of the ladies in the first 3 comments pregnant!

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Could you elaborate on this with reference to the post you quoted? I'm not sure I understand; it sounds a little like you're saying 'it's right that the woman gets custody in this case because she gave birth to the child, while the man did not'. But that can't be it, surely?
    Woman is raped by a man, man sues for custody but is unlikely to get it because he hurt the woman.
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.

    They're pretty different. I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

  15. #215
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    14,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    We both know you were acting like an ass on purpose because you believe your argument - you can't kid a kidder ;-)

    Anyway, I wasn't even talking about the plausibility of the law, I was just mentioning that statutory rape is not related to rape just because of the word rape. Your question of "How can it be called rape" had an answer, and I provided you with that answer - it's not called rape. S'all I was saying.
    No, you were the ass .... You were nitpicking over the first sentence, when the second sentence made it absolutely clear that I did talk about statutory rape the entire time.

    Peace now? lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  16. #216
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where the vikings roam, so not the US
    Posts
    1,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The child support issue..... careful..
    While it might seem unjust... Those are done for the child. The third person involved in such event.
    People, we, tend to always focus on the two people that had sex.. The one that should suffer the least from such circumstances is the third person, the child. Hence why the courts usually rule in favor of them.
    A, not about child support, B, i can drag up studies quite clearly proving that being taken care of by your mother is better then pre schooling and kindergarten, Should women be mandated to be stay at home mom's?
    Or better yet, be mandated to have an abortion ?
    if the child's welfare is paramount i have plenty of ways to fuck with the mothers too, so all gender bias here is bad not just the ones hurting women.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I'm referring to the woman giving birth as opposed to demanding custody of an already existing child.
    Hence, SHE SHOULD HAVE THE KID TAKEN FROM HER.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    This is actual data of accusations and convictions.
    You can link me the legal definition of "rape" all you want.
    Those are the actual conviction statistics.
    Proverbs 12:23

  17. #217
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    14,726
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    i´d love to see an older woman rape a teen, i imagine myself in his place...cept if she goes for the backdoor ofc, but i doubt that happens
    I've mentioned that before already..
    Somehow the thread reeks a bit after hypocrisy. As teenager of that age, every guy I know/knew be it school, friends, neighbors what not.. Every single one would have felt in heaven to get laid by a 20 yrs old... That's totally normal..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Hence, SHE SHOULD HAVE THE KID TAKEN FROM HER.
    No, not unless she's abusing it.

  19. #219
    I didn't read all replies, but my opinion is:
    The article doesn't make it clear if he wanted to have sex with her or not.
    So it may only considered rape because he was 14, not because she forced him to have sex with her.
    It's not like he was raped by his 50yo priest or sth...

    I know, I wouldn't have minded to have sex with a hot 20 yo back then
    Pokemon Friend Code: 0447-6549-8853, add me

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Tell me how does such a law protect underaged people. I could be 14 and 11 months old, an adult having sex with me then would be illegal. Cue 1 month later I'm free to be gangbanged by 10 men without it being illegal. What changed in that 1 month? Nothing and that's why I think the law is stupid.
    There has to be a line somewhere.

    The key is the word 'PROTECT'. The law is there not to PREVENT adults from having sex with kids, but it's there to PROTECT kids from having sex with adults. Look at your own case, for instance. You had sex with adults when you were a minor. You had the protection of the law, but chose not to use it. Now take someone else's case, a case where they as a kid had sex with an adult but felt manipulated and forced into doing so; again, they CAN use the law if they want to, but they could choose not to as in your case, if they consented to it.

    Therefore: the law punishes those who as an adult have non-consensual sex with a kid (because the kid pressed charges) and does not punish those who have consensual sex as a kid (because the kid - like you - does not press charges). In essence, the law works.

    There are only two situations where it does not work. 1) Where there are different standards for male and female, as here. 2) When stupid parents get involved by insisting that their wonderful, perfect 14 year old daughter can't possibly have consented to the sex she had with the 19 year old and they feel it's necessary to prosecute him to the full extent of the law.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •