Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    in simple terms, the Arizona authority are retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Not the same situation, at all. A woman having her rapist get the custody of her child is not the same as a woman getting to keep a child she gave birth to.
    Actually it is the woman who rapes a man getting the custody to his child. It's the same thing only the 'when' is different.

Deleted
    Not the same situation, at all. A woman having her rapist get the custody of her child is not the same as a woman getting to keep a child she gave birth to.
    It is but as i said, inversion to hard for you.

Deleted
    So, now suddenly people can't be rehabilitated? In the past you've given me shit for wanting to punish people for their deeds but now when I'm in favor of giving people a second chance if they've bettered themselves, you call it fucked up. Hypocrisy much?
    First of all i do believe rehabilitation is powerful as a tool, unlike you in regards to certain crimes.

Child abusers however are often a lifelong threat to children, simply due to their nature of the crime and the psychological aspect motivating it.

And you support them having children.

That's just sad.

E* And you saying they've "Bettered themselves" wasn't part of your original argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    It is but as i said, inversion to hard for you.
    No, it would be the same situation if the guy gave birth to a kid and the woman sued.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    E* And you saying they've "Bettered themselves" wasn't part of your original argument.
    "If they've abused a child in the past but don't do it to a current child I see no problem with it either. "

I wonder what that could mean.

Deleted
    "If they've abused a child in the past but don't do it to a current child I see no problem with it either. "

It doesn't mean they've rehabilitated themselves which is beyond difficult to gauge, it just implies they haven't as of yet acted on "Urges".

Deleted
    No, it would be the same situation if the guy gave birth to a kid and the woman sued.
    Actually any differences between the two could arguably mean it is worse for the male.
    The Female Victim: MAY get taken to court (which is stressful in and of itself) and at worst the rapist will get supervised visits.
    The Male Victim: The rapist will have his child from birth and any attempt to get custody of the child will be doomed to failure, the child will stay with his rapist and at best he'll get supervised visits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a list a mile long of men's issues. Also, seeing as there's no more need for me to campaign for frost mages... I think I'll fix men's issues.

It's going to take some work though. First off, men, you can't be unwilling to accept options. A lot of men's issues come from self-imposed restrictions.

Try more food, try change, try communication, try emotions, try art, try thongs.

We can make this happen, but we have to fight ourselves before we fight society.

Oh, religion has to probably be defeated first for any progress to be made on any fronts.

Deleted
    It doesn't mean they've rehabilitated themselves which is beyond difficult to gauge, it just implies they haven't as of yet acted on "Urges".
    So now we're going to assume people will commit a crime again, which is something people on here have given me shit for in the past, as well.

Deleted
    giving birth is in no way relevant.
    carrying it around for 9 months does not make you a better parent.

yes rehabilitated paedophiles should be able to work at a daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    For some reason, I imagine this happens less often than false rape accusations(which are rare). I mean, they both happen, sure, but is it really something we need an advocacy group for?
    Yes. That is the reason of existence of such groups after all: to push for the rights of minorities that arent well established, and raise awareness of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    of course it is not the same..?

how in the world could it be the same?
    I'm confused, sarcasm?

I was just pointing out that yeah, if you choose to avoid calling the woman a rapist, then there does appear to be differences, which can be quickly dismissed when you use the same language to describe the different situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    So now we're going to assume people will commit a crime again, which is something people on here have given me shit for in the past, as well.
    We're not assuming anything, a child abuser has clear overt sexual interests in children, and in the examples has acted upon them; You would sanction handing them a child throwing your hands in the air shouting "Welp, s'long as you don't abuse him/ her".

Certain criminals can be completely rehabilitated, others to a medium, some not at all.

Child abusers, generally, fall into the latter and perhaps the middle dependent on their crime (Viewing of the material v abusing a child).

I'm all for rehabilitation, but i can realize certain criminals can't be.

Deleted
    giving birth is in no way relevant.
    carrying it around for 9 months does not make you a better parent.
    Unless she's abusing it she shouldn't lose custody. That's all it comes down to. You can't take the custody away from someone unless you can show they're hurting the kid.

yes rehabilitated paedophiles should be able to work at a daycare.
    Yes, they should be able to if they're not going to hurt a kid.

The question on my mind after reading this is why isn't the woman in prison for 25 years? That's the punishment for any male who commits the crime she did.

Deleted
    We're not assuming anything, a child abuser has clear overt sexual interests in children, and in the examples has acted upon them; You would sanction handing them a child throwing your hands in the air shouting "Welp, s'long as you don't abuse him/ her".
    You don't have to have sexual interest in children to abuse them. You can call your son/daughter fat, stupid, ugly, disgusting, wanting them to die etc and that would be child abuse. As would neglect be, as would beating them be.

You don't have to have sexual interest in children to abuse them. You can call your son/daughter fat, stupid, ugly, disgusting, wanting them to die etc and that would be child abuse. As would neglect be, as would beating them be.
    I did consider pointing out that maybe you should specify you don't mean JUST sexual abuse; but then I realised that it doesn't matter one jot. If you're abusive towards children, you have yours taken into foster care and you go to prison, regardless if the abuse was sexual or physical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Just so you're not misunderstanding.

I'm referring to the term child abuser in the form of them having sexually assaulted a child.

Which was the case we're discussing.

I wouldn't tolerate the thought of suggesting they work with children after such a crime, much like how i wouldn't condone a serial rapist working at an abused womens shelter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I did consider pointing out that maybe you should specify you don't mean JUST sexual abuse; but then I realised that it doesn't matter one jot. If you're abusive towards children, you have yours taken into foster care and you go to prison, regardless if the abuse was sexual or physical.
    I made no mention of sexual abuse in child abuse.

So a man that rapes a woman and she gets pregnant should be entitled to joint custody? And there is a reason the sex offenders register exists and why we don't let them work with children.