Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    > Sees people saying they have 60 fps in 25man raids with ultra settings and 1080p/1440p.
    > Zero explanation / dumb explanations.
    > Looks at their post count.

Ah, right.
    If you aren't going to contribute something useful please keep your twisted views of a forum to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake H View Post
    If you aren't going to contribute something useful please keep your twisted views of a forum to yourself.
    Please Almighty one, bless us with your knowledge.
    Atleast you stated one thing right; overclocking would help (2-5 fps max).
    60 fps solid currently is most likely impossible in a raid situation (engaged in the fight) at maximum settings and atleast 1080p and (insert top addons here). Blizzards engine simply does not allow it.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2014-09-03 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    This forum is really against AMD everything, even their GPUs. Trust me the GPU is not the issue, not with WoW. A Radeon R9-280X is a very fast graphics card, there's no reason for him to go buy another product just because you think Nvida > AMD.

BTW, anyone bothered to ask nidosarg to check his CPU temps? Nidosarg can you please download HWiNFO64 at report your CPU temp? Try it with the game running, so it's plenty hot. Cause as well all know, Intel CPUs will throttle if not cooled properly to protect itself.

Also nidosarg is this your motherboard? Notice the lack of a heatsink on the VRMs? BTW it's those chips between the CPU socket and the rear ports of the board. There's a white line going around the area with the VRMs with two holes. That's where a heatsink would be if it existed. What tends to happen is that over time the VRMs can be damaged and the CPU can also slow down badly. You can try to put a heatsink on them but it could be too late, the damage is done. Try running WoW for a while and put your find on the VRMs, but carefully. If it's too hot for your fingers then that's your problem. Try each VRM cause it only takes one getting really hot to cause an issue. Trust me, I speak from experience.
    I don't have to speak from "experience". I have benchmarks with hardware clearly labeled. It is a well known fact that WoW is a single threaded application therefore will run better on processors from Intel. I also would like to inform you that more GPU ram OR even core count doesn't mean anything, it's in the architecture.. Which is something AMD has to work on.

- - - Updated - - -

Please Almighty one, bless us with your knowledge.
    Atleast you stated one thing right; overclocking would help (2-5 fps max).
    >2,274 post count
    >must only have 22 frames in wow
    >lol

>2,274 post count
    >must only have 22 frames in wow lol
    Sorry bro, it's 60.

Sorry bro, it's 60.
    Not according to your post count. I thought we were basing performance of a PC to our post count? Do you want me to quote you from a past reply?

Ah nevermind, you found the edit button. Good to go, champ!

Not according to your post count. I thought we were basing performance of a PC to our post count? Do you want me to quote you from a past reply?
    Trolls can claim all they want considering they never have any evidence.

For the OP;
    You will only gain a very small performance gain from overclocking (always do it safely!) without upgrading any parts.
    If you do plan on upgrading, depending on your screen setup (single 1080; GeForce. multi 1080+ aTI) and a new CPU (i5), your fps would most likely be around the 30-40 mark while in combat.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2014-09-03 at 04:16 PM.

Can we get back on topic please? If you two have a problem it would be best to take it to PM's so you don't flood a help with with nonsense.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Trolls can claim all they want considering they never have any evidence.
    The only troll here is you, sir. We're trying to have a conversation about hardware related issues. Don't get upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have to speak from "experience". I have benchmarks with hardware clearly labeled. It is a well known fact that WoW is a single threaded application therefore will run better on processors from Intel. I also would like to inform you that more GPU ram OR even core count doesn't mean anything, it's in the architecture.. Which is something AMD has to work on.
    Yes we all know WoW runs better on Intel over AMD. Yes we all know the architecture is more important than ram or cores. But AMD GPUs are very competitive to Nvidia, unlike AMD's CPUs to Intel's. But you're asking someone to go buy a new GPU because it's slightly better, because Nvidia. WoW is not a well coded game, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Yes we all know WoW runs better on Intel over AMD. Yes we all know the architecture is more important than ram or cores. But AMD GPUs are very competitive to Nvidia, unlike AMD's CPUs to Intel's. But you're asking someone to go buy a new GPU because it's slightly better, because Nvidia. WoW is not a well coded game, honestly.
    Not once did I tell someone to buy another graphics card, that is expensive. I'm trying to spread general knowledge on how to get someone's game to run better. If they choose to use the information that is completely up to them. If every piece of equipment in OPs rig is working 100% then the issue is the CPU. It's too slow for what results he's trying to achieve.

Not once did I tell someone to buy another graphics card, that is expensive.
    Ummm

That doesn't really mean anything. The 660 ti actually runs WoW better than the 760 due to a few changes that made the gpu better overall, just not for WoW. If you hand picked your parts to run 25 raiding at full ultra it is definitely possible.

EDIT: Seen you have an AMD gpu. You could spend $250 on a 760 and it will run better than your 280x will. Just because it is Nvidia. They build their game around it just like they did intel at the time with their engine that wasn't so outdated back then. It's like saying a 5.0 GHz AMD 8 core processor should run WoW better than a 3.5 Quad intel but put simply, it just doesn't. (for reasons of course)
    That seems like your at least suggesting to them that they should buy a GPU

edit: oo the vanishing-half-my-post bug is back, hooray!

They need a CPU upgrade, simple as that.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    I have same graphics card, i5-3570k and same amount of RAM, and I get 60 fps on ultra in 25mans, so you messed up...
    bullshit, i have an i7-4770k overlocked to 4.5 ghz and a gtx 780 and 16 gb ram and I can't get 60 fps on ultra in 25 mans

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Ummm

That seems like your at least suggesting to them that they should buy a GPU

edit: oo the vanishing-half-my-post bug is back, hooray!

They need a CPU upgrade, simple as that.
    I was suggesting price points as a point of reference for performance comparing.

I am reading all post but i am a little slow becouse dont know all technical languajes.

Dukenumek: I the night i will do a temperature check of my board. VRM are voltage regulator module rigth? The image that you post is my board.

I will reduce my config Ultra to Custom, with less shadows and experiment with other more.

Didn't knew that other peoples have the same issue that me.

I will upload an image with my videocard config.

I really can do overcloking becouse i really dont know how to do that. And dont wont a crush or burn my pc.

I use SKADA isntead of Recount.

OFF: And people DISCUSS is PROACTIVE, but FIGTH doesn't goes to anyware.
    The people that have similar config that me and get 60fps i will really apreciated to tell me your setup.

15+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't really mean anything. The 660 ti actually runs WoW better than the 760 due to a few changes that made the gpu better overall, just not for WoW. If you hand picked your parts to run 25 raiding at full ultra it is definitely possible.

EDIT: Seen you have an AMD gpu. You could spend $250 on a 760 and it will run better than your 280x will. Just because it is Nvidia. They build their game around it just like they did intel at the time with their engine that wasn't so outdated back then. It's like saying a 5.0 GHz AMD 8 core processor should run WoW better than a 3.5 Quad intel but put simply, it just doesn't. (for reasons of course)
    Want me to put my 660 back in and show you? I can do that, its sitting next to me collecting dust, and no I did not get better frames with a nvidia card, a 760 is marginally better in wow.

OT, he will not get 60 fps in wow on ultra, especially with his build. he knows it and so do you.

OP, crank your settings down to high, drop shadows to good and you will do fine in 25s, you wont hit 60, but it will be playable 30-45, you can even turn up multi-sampling a little.

Quote Originally Posted by nidosarg View Post
    I am reading all post but i am a little slow becouse dont know all technical languajes.

Dukenumek: I the night i will do a temperature check of my board. VRM are voltage regulator module rigth? The image that you post is my board.

I will reduce my config Ultra to Custom, with less shadows and experiment with other more.

Didn't knew that other peoples have the same issue that me.

I will upload an image with my videocard config.

I really can do overcloking becouse i really dont know how to do that. And dont wont a crush or burn my pc.

I use SKADA isntead of Recount.

OFF: And people DISCUSS is PROACTIVE, but FIGTH doesn't goes to anyware.
    The people that have similar config that me and get 60fps i will really apreciated to tell me your setup.
    Your setup sounds -about- right for the results you're seeing. Personally, I think it is a little low for what you have in the rig. I have a 3470(non k) running at 3.6 with an AMD 7770 (very economic build) and I'm at a steady 60 with custom settings.
    View distance - Good
    SSAO - off
    Sunshafts - off
    liquid - low
    shadows - high

Rest max

And for an upgrade like i said in the first post is a little expensive here in Argentina.

Comparing cost for you to guys see for example:

Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor
    (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz)

Cost in Amazon: U$D 339.99 (looking ramdon price)
    Cost in Argentina: U$D 587.50

All in Argentina cost almost 50% more.

15+ Year Old Account
    And for an upgrade like i said in the first post is a little expensive here in Argentina.

Comparing cost for you to guys see for example:

Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor
    (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz)

Cost in Amazon: U$D 339.99 (looking ramdon price)
    Cost in Argentina: U$D 587.50

All in Argentina cost almost 50% more.
    OW!!, man thats high, how much did you pay for the one you got?

I spend a lot of money like around USD2.400 or more (i am always buying some parts and try to upgrade, i could't buy all my system in one buy becouse dont have all the money, I have lost the cost that i put in my machine)

And like i said before. Is hard to get (i dont know if get is the word, i am trying to say that is hard to a seller have those hardware, becouse Imports are 99% closed and all hardware keeps in containers in docks)
    Last edited by nidosarg; 2014-09-03 at 05:15 PM. Reason: I do a fast calculate of cost and is over U$D2.400

snip
    How much is a Pentium G3258 , i3-4130, i3-4150 and a 4690k?

Also could you link the site you are using? Just put some spaces in next to the periods so you can post it.