Deleted

Question If you have access to beta and play enhancement shaman

Are they still able to deliver that burst dps even tho ascendance no longer scales with mastery? How does the dps feels atm?

Quote Originally Posted by rawe View Post
    Are they still able to deliver that burst dps even tho ascendance no longer scales with mastery? How does the dps feels atm?
    I have not tested 6.01, came out yesterday. However, before that patch... Not at all. Compared to live, they do almost no damage at all.

It feels a bit off actually, because they are still beyond squish when your big abilities are on cooldown and yet they still only do comparable damage to other classes when you use all your burst.

As of right now, they are underwhelming in almost every way, but number balance has just started so I wouldn't put much into it ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Photonic View Post
    I have not tested 6.01, came out yesterday. However, before that patch... Not at all. Compared to live, they do almost no damage at all.

It feels a bit off actually, because they are still beyond squish when your big abilities are on cooldown and yet they still only do comparable damage to other classes when you use all your burst.

As of right now, they are underwhelming in almost every way, but number balance has just started so I wouldn't put much into it ATM.
    Is burst lowered? Yes. Is burst bad? Helllll no. Its still wicked strong.

Also they nerfed Enhancements DPS because they were destroying the meters, as such they got lowered for the balance tuning. So not sure where you got underwhelming from >.>

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post

Also they nerfed Enhancements DPS because they were destroying the meters, as such they got lowered for the balance tuning. So not sure where you got underwhelming from >.>
    Not crushing meters every fight = broken spec/class

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post

They got nerfed from upper-mid melee to lowest melee, ofcourse someones going to be put out about that. Especially as a spec that has spent so much time at the bottom of the meters.

Is it acceptable objectively? Yeah. Is it nice to be the weakest spec so many times? Of course not.

There are a lot of issues that can be fixed with good number tuning on beta right now, it looks like they are "sort of" headed in the right direction and it's nice that we FINALLY actually got some attention on waht.. the third tune?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they just reduce the numbers on Stormstrike Windstrike and Lava Lash ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

I can just say If they don't fix numbers we can't be in top 5 in damage meter when we are farming. But progress is different and we can do better when we are progressing, because of break points or other things like that.

I was playing enhancement shaman on beta and he was top dps of all melee classes ... for the first 1-2 minutes of the fight when he had fire/air elemental up.
    When elemental expired, we could see our dps falling behind others'
    Last weeks we were testing mythic mode bosses so fights usually lasted no longer than 2 minutes. Blizzard noticed that enhancement is too high in dps on this fights so they nerfed us believing that it is a good idea. I don't think so... They forgot that enha does much lower dps w/o his cooldowns.
    Also i forgot to say that most bosses in first WoD content strongly recommend you not to take any melee dps classes to the raid. I think they should take care of it more than nerfing melee dps classes more.
    Last edited by Jimmyx; 2014-09-04 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    So at least they are heading in the right direction. I was just wondering if switching nature damage for physical that bypasses armor works. From latest patch notes i saw they nerfed stormstrike (both ascendance and normal form) and lava lash but didn't give us much (anything?) in return. Guess we'll have to wait and see then. Any pvp going on there, don't have access on beta so i'm not sure what's active? Is Liquid Magma too random to help us much in pvp?

Deleted
    Wasn't the whole justification of not giving Enhancement LB on the move that our actual enhancement abilities would do more damage? How on earth do they then justify nerfing SS and LL, when they already do pathetic damage compared to LB?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyx View Post
    I was playing enhancement shaman on beta and he was top dps of all melee classes ... for the first 1-2 minutes of the fight when he had fire/air elemental up.
    When elemental expired, we could see our dps falling behind others'
    Last weeks we were testing mythic mode bosses so fights usually lasted no longer than 2 minutes. Blizzard noticed that enhancement is too high in dps on this fights so they nerfed us believing that it is a good idea. I don't think so... They forgot that enha does much lower dps w/o his cooldowns.
    Also i forgot to say that most bosses in first WoD content strongly recommend you not to take any melee dps classes to the raid. I think they should take care of it more than nerfing melee dps classes more.

This is SO the key...they are nerfing based on Raid testing...but Raid Testing isn't lasting long enough

They did this in 5.2 and 5.4 as well....and they had to come around 2 months later and give us buffs to compensate.

Actually now that I think about it...I'm still waiting for the "compensation" from the double dipping PPM trinkets they said all classes would be getting when they fixed them...

Hopefully there will be a good showing of enhancement shamans during the Q&A thing they're doing tomorrow so we can get some important questions answered.

there won't be...we are like least played spec of the least played class...

We'll get the shaft...again

---edited---

My mistake...I forgot about Monks. Their 6.1% is lower than our 7.6%.

But then again we have been around since doors open and they are only 2 years old...so that should say something
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2014-09-04 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    I always had same feelling while playing Enhancement, some of the best damage dealing abilities were...well spells and not melee attacks. Was kinda hoping they would shift more damage to melee since they stated enh shaman had a lot of damage sources and none was impressive. What's best last tier talent atm? Liquid magma is kinda silly since totems have 5hp and fire totem will be insta destoroyed hence talent seems useless.