Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Turn up the radio........

What was the last song that came on the radio that you had to turn it up as loud as you could and sang along to? and yes this includes the songs that you would be embarrassed to admit to listening to

For me it was Major Tom by Peter Schilling this morning actually while coming into work

I don't listen to the radio anymore. For those who live in GA and remember Project 96.1 (before it changed format and became the abomination known as "Power" 96.1), I haven't listened to the radio since that happened a couple of years ago now. That was the only half-decent radio station I could pick up. Everything else is either country music or "top 40" music, and I can't stand either.

That sudden format change sucked too. I didn't realize it had happened until I turned my radio on and heard a Nicki Minaj song. I imagine the look on my face would've been priceless. "WHAT FOUL SORCERY IS THIS??"

I keep saying I'm going to get one of those XM deals or something, but I've never gotten around to it. I still just use my CD player and have one of those vent visor things where I keep CDs (it's one of those older models that doesn't have a place to plug in an mp3 player).

10+ Year Old Account
    Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody

When I go home from work I drive through a part of a town where it's 99% ghetto black people who listen to (c)rap/hiphop so from time to time I like to blast my 95.1 WZZO music when I drive past them, especially when AC/DC is on. 99.9 The Hawk and 95.1 WZZO are really the only good stations on the radio. Everything else is mainstream pop and hip hop crap.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-09-05 at 04:44 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody

When I go home from work I drive through a part of a town where it's 99% ghetto black people who listen to (c)rap/hiphop so from time to time I like to blast my WZZO music when I drive past them, especially when AC/DC is on.
    I'd put a bullet into my radio before turning it up for THAT song. Honestly it's such a rabidly enjoyed mediocre song i never got the appeal especially compared to all their better songs
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'd put a bullet into my radio before turning it up for THAT song. Honestly it's such a rabidly enjoyed mediocre song i never got the appeal especially compared to all their better songs
    I think there's something wrong with you Everybody loves Queen.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Ten Sharp - You

And you'd be surprised how many people dislike Queen. I can't really enjoy it either, not in the last place because of bohemian crapsody. What the hell is supposed to be good about a bunch of not-even-good-enough-for-a-b-side tracks merged into one?

I've been writing a list of songs I hear on the radio (and usually it's the last one before I get to work).

• Milky Chance - Stolen Dance
    • Foo Fighters - Walk
    • Big Data - Download
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Heard this one a few nights ago, gotta love it
    http://bit.ly/IqT6zt
    And god said "Come forth and receive eternal life!" But John came fifth and won a toaster

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who avoids the radio when I can, even if subjected to it at work, the only song I've ever listened too (properly, not background drone noises i'm trying to ignore) in probably the last I don't even know how many year was:

Probably more because I was surprised to even hear Within Temptation on the radio

10+ Year Old Account
    riff raff by ac/dc. not exactly 'radio' as in a radio station, but more the CD i had playing in my car
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

nice video
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    As someone who avoids the radio when I can, even if subjected to it at work, the only song I've ever listened too (properly, not background drone noises i'm trying to ignore) in probably the last I don't even know how many year was:
    Probably more because I was surprised to even hear Within Temptation on the radio
    Hairfinity Coupons
    Last edited by nguyenthanhson9899; 2014-10-01 at 11:21 PM.

REO Speedwagon - Keep on Loving You

No shame.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    back up everyone, this one's got edge.

For me it was this one.

Deleted
    So this came on the radio this morning

I thought it was epic because I love the song

10+ Year Old Account
    Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra

I woke up to that song every weekday morning for the better part of 4 years and I still love it.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Usually 80s,90s stuff. But nothing in particular, since most crappy shitty bieber songs of 80s 90s...etc are forgotten and only good ol golden music remains.

Deleted
    I dont really listen to any kind of radios anymore so I would have to be waaay back when. Actually when I think about it I just heard Gorillaz with "Feel Good inc" in the car a couple of days ago and I remember turning that up

My mom and I were out spending the day together, turned on the radio, and it was playing. We were both singing along, lol.

15+ Year Old Account

Blasted it. No shame.