Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

2H+plate+WoD+PvP=?

Hi fellaz!
    I'm actually looking for some plate dps with 2h weapon, so it comes to FrostDk/Ret Pally/ArmsWarr. I know that all of these classes are good on beta, and I acutally like all of them. Which would you recommend to chose for PvP on WoD? Is Arms Warrior really dull and boring to play? Thanks for tips

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played beta, but if the last 5 years of WoW are any indication... Don't pick Ret. Also don't pick Frost DK. Unholy Dk/Arms Warrior have always been strong in pvp though.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to say at the moment as PvP is unbalanced as shit, however if Swifty's new ultra skills 1 shot macro isn't nerfed I can see Arms being Flavor of the Expansion... again. And, from what I saw of the macro itself: yes, it would be really dull and boring to play. Get 30 rage, waiting for RNG procs, click macro, collect rating.

From what I've heard, Ret isn't awful, however I can't speak from personal experience as I've not played any PvP on beta yet.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Thanks for feedback I also want to take under consideration general "gameplay" of class, since I've never played any of them (just a bit, but never maxlvld). I prefer bursty damage over sustained (with some truckhard-like hitting ability- warrior's execute or something), mobility and some utility (for raid especially). Which of those 3 would fit it best?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ret paladin! We're always the best.

Plus we can 'oneshot' people in ashran by sending them to jail for crimes against the light and all that sort of thing.

Deleted
    Uhnoly doesn't seem appealing to me, because of his summons (I REALLY hate undead mionions and all that "evil" stuff). I know Rets weren't any good back in the time, but maybe something changed? I really like warrior and it's "soldiermotherfucker" flavour, but what afraids me the most is gameplay being boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Ret paladin! We're always the best.

Plus we can 'oneshot' people in ashran by sending them to jail for crimes against the light and all that sort of thing.
    You're cruel...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Unholy or arms will be your best bet. Unholy has always been decent, but the loss of necrotic strike and lack of tuning leave it up in the air if it will get "fixed" in time for launch. Arms is boring as hell and will likely be rage starved in PVP, but will still hit very hard. Whether that is neutralized by larger health pools I don't know. Frost will hit hard for about a week until the QQ starts about obliterate then it will get nerfed into oblivion, which will be funny since frost stinks in skilled PVP due to its severe weaknesses. Fury is the PVE spec, and though it can deal high damage in random BGs it still is hampered by the need for high critical strike rating and the fact that most of its damage can be neutered by enrage dispels. I have no experience with ret though, so I can't comment on it.

If beta went live right now, Arms would be the clear winner. Unholy damage is on par with a disc priest at the moment, but if they fix that unholy would probably be the winner.

Deleted
    Thanks to all of you I have already said "no" to DK since it's consider PvE prof (which I wasn't aware of earlier). Now it's ret vs arms. If someone has something interesting about any of them- I will be glad to read that

Deleted
    Ret sucks for pvp, don't bother with it. Ret stopped being pvp material back in Cata.

I would have suggested unholy dk but since you don't like it, go with warrior.
    Last edited by mmoce7493ee1db; 2014-09-03 at 03:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundsofrum View Post
    Thanks to all of you I have already said "no" to DK since it's consider PvE prof (which I wasn't aware of earlier). Now it's ret vs arms
    Maybe you weren't aware of it because it's completely false?
    And ret is a non-factor in pvp. The times it was viable was 3.0 (i think, when they oneshot everything from their bubbles), and triple DPS cheese.

And from what I can tell arms is about to make pvp unbearable for healers again, and very 'fun' for swifty

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I haven't played beta, but if the last 5 years of WoW are any indication... Don't pick Ret. Also don't pick Frost DK. Unholy Dk/Arms Warrior have always been strong in pvp though.
    Rets has to be the biggest crybabies ever, WoTLK Ret was OP at first then fine, Cata Ret was OP for the entirety of it (Vanguards cleave was probably the best comp in the game behind RLS, and it enabled freaking triple DPS). Ret was perfectly fine for the first half of MoP (Hunter/Ret/Disc in S12/S13 were amazing) and only fell behind afterwards because Enhancement took its place.

Playing on the Beta rets are currently amazing there too. Maybe if some of you guys ever learned to use your HUGE support toolkit instead of pretending to be Warriors with shiny spells, you'd do better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Ret has to be the biggest crybabies ever, WoTLK Ret was OP at first then fine, Cata Ret was OP for the entirety of it (Vanguards cleave was probably the best comp in the game behind RLS, and it enabled freaking triple DPS). Ret was perfectly fine for the first half of MoP (Hunter/Ret/Disc in S12/S13 were amazing) and only fell behind afterwards because Enhancement took its place.
    Because pvp = arenalol

Ret is bad-average in duels and not even a choice for rbgs unless the leader really has no one else who can join or the ret himself is the leader.

Currently PvP on Beta is HvH wich means heal vs heal, feral druid and afli lock are unkillable, and hunter + warrior + mage are kinda useless since they cant heal nearly at all.
    Btw I was trying out dual wield frost dk and all it took was to put death strike on 1 and frost strike on 2 and i was able to survive 2 wariors and 2 rogues than third rogue came and i finally died ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    Because pvp = arenalol

Ret is bad-average in duels and not even a choice for rbgs unless the leader really has no one else who can join or the ret himself is the leader.
    You say arena is a joke then you point RBGs? Rofl. RBGs are the biggest clusterfuck balance wise ever. Ret aren't brought in them because NO MELEE IS, outside Rogues or Ferals (fcs).

FYI i have Hero/HWL/Warbringer, as soon as i got the later i never touched an rbg again, shit is an utter joke.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iever/advanced

I won't even bother with your duels comment because i'd rather assume you're kidding. This game has always been a joke 1v1, nothing new there. Dueling stop being fun after WoTLK when every class got every tools in the box anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You say arena is a joke then you point RBGs? Rofl. RBGs are the biggest clusterfuck balance wise ever. Ret aren't brought in them because NO MELEE IS, outside Rogues or Ferals (fcs).

FYI i have Hero/HWL/Warbringer, as soon as i got the later i never touched an rbg again, shit is an utter joke.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iever/advanced

I won't even bother with your duels comment because i'd rather assume you're kidding.
    No, I'm saying arena is not the only form of pvp, it's not even the form of pvp that most people do other than conq point cap. Just because a class is balanced in arena doesn't mean it's fine everywhere else. Ret palas, just like enh shamans, are fine in arena but if you catch them in wpvp or duels they're toast. Also rbg teams do take melee as rogues are excellent flag cappers, warriors are scary when cleansed and healed, and you do need a druid, warrior or dk tanks as flag carriers. Palas are only useful as full healers, they are crappy flag carriers, crappy dps and have no decent aoe cc or group synergy.

Deleted
    I heard that ret is capable of huge (and I mean HUGE) burst, even on live, but it's really hard to deal the damage because of being CCed still and still (when I talk about PvP I mean arensa, because rbgslol). Is that true? How about beta? For now I'm leaning towards ret, because of morre interesting skills (as they look in spellbook :P) than warrior. And many of you say that warrior is really boring. I play mage now, and I find it really interesting and fun, but I prefer melee classes, that's why I'm really afraid of character being boring. I enjoy some WorldPvP as well, like 1vsX in random encounters. Which would be better for that?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    It's hard to say at the moment as PvP is unbalanced as shit, however if Swifty's new ultra skills 1 shot macro isn't nerfed I can see Arms being Flavor of the Expansion... again. And, from what I saw of the macro itself: yes, it would be really dull and boring to play. Get 30 rage, waiting for RNG procs, click macro, collect rating.

From what I've heard, Ret isn't awful, however I can't speak from personal experience as I've not played any PvP on beta yet.
    That Video of the one-shot macro was released 2 weeks before Warriors got large Nerfs. it isn't and hasn't been a current thing for a few weeks now.

From what I've seen on Beta Ret is actually in a pretty nice spot atm, myself I will be going back to Ret as my first leveled character after an expansion of Monk.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundsofrum View Post
    I heard that ret is capable of huge (and I mean HUGE) burst, even on live, but it's really hard to deal the damage because of being CCed still and still (when I talk about PvP I mean arensa, because rbgslol). Is that true? How about beta? For now I'm leaning towards ret, because of morre interesting skills (as they look in spellbook :P) than warrior. And many of you say that warrior is really boring. I play mage now, and I find it really interesting and fun, but I prefer melee classes, that's why I'm really afraid of character being boring. I enjoy some WorldPvP as well, like 1vsX in random encounters. Which would be better for that?
    Ret burst = wings. If you turtle during his wings, kite or cc him, he's your bitch.

Deleted
    Ok, so maybe I simplify it a bit:
    Is (or will be in WoD) Arms Warrior boring?
    Does (or will do in WoD) Ret Pally suck at PvP?
    Answering that two questions will give me a clear solution, and I know there will be many opinions, but hey- that's why I am on forum So, looking forward to hear your opinions. Thanks in advance guys!