Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundsofrum View Post
    Ok, so maybe I simplify it a bit:
    Is (or will be in WoD) Arms Warrior boring?
    Does (or will do in WoD) Ret Pally suck at PvP?
    Answering that two questions will give me a clear solution, and I know there will be many opinions, but hey- that's why I am on forum So, looking forward to hear your opinions. Thanks in advance guys!
    Warrior is never boring. I'm playing a hunter and not a warrior for pvp because I don't feel like getting raped by any noob playing a frost mage or hunter, which hardcounter pretty much all melee.

Imo, ret pala is bad at pvp because it's lacking gap closers (no, that burst of speed when you judge is hardly enough), it's squishy, his burst is very easy to counter, has no counters to spammable cc like warlock Fear and Sheep other than trinket and bubble (though if you blow bubble to get out of a spammable cc, you lost the duel right there) and his defenses are purgeble by anything that has an offensive dispel.

Ok, so maybe I simplify it a bit:
    Is (or will be in WoD) Arms Warrior boring?
    Does (or will do in WoD) Ret Pally suck at PvP?
    Answering that two questions will give me a clear solution, and I know there will be many opinions, but hey- that's why I am on forum So, looking forward to hear your opinions. Thanks in advance guys!
    Play what you enjoy and stop trying to FOTM it up, if you like your ret, play your ret.

Deleted
    I like both of them, as I said before. I don't want neither dull&boring nor bottom-of-barrel. I really don't like "play what you like" attitude. I'm not asking about THE BEST OF ALL or something. Just can't decide which 2H+plate DPS. Is that really hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasi View Post
    Palas are only useful as full healers, they are crappy flag carriers, crappy dps and have no decent aoe cc or group synergy.
    At least i did have my answer, you totally don't understand your spec and play it as a sparkle Warrior. Your ENTIRE TOOLKIT is group support, how is that not "group synergy".

The only reason your kit isn't amazing in them is because RBGS are just LOLOLOL CLEAVE ERRYONE clusterfuck waste of time, in remotely competitive, it works just fine.

I like both of them, as I said before. I don't want neither dull&boring nor bottom-of-barrel. I really don't like "play what you like" attitude. I'm not asking about THE BEST OF ALL or something. Just can't decide which 2H+plate DPS. Is that really hard to understand?
    What i understand is that you want to fotm it up, otherwise you wouldn't care about class balance. We can't make the decision for you as we can't know what is dull!&boring for you (both are in my book).

Deleted
    If you use 2 skills + 1offensive CD, that's boring If I looked for FotM I would... actually I wouldn't. I would just roll arms, it's in top 3 in 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and 1st-2nd place in PvE DPS. Ret takes one of five lowest places. I just want to know if something changed in WoD (compared to MoP), or if playing arms is interesting. I didn't mean to offend anyone, just wanted to ask a bunch of questions I don't also want anyone to chose for me, and noone forces anyone to post something here. thanks for support so far, and thanks in advance for more opinions

If you care about gameplay and mechanics more, then here's my take. Can't talk to you much about viability, but I'll say a few things about game play:

I personally love the warrior toolkit. It just feels like a berserker to go jumping and charging around and getting in people's face and getting a huge proc or a hit just happens to crit. That type of gameplay appeals to me. The minor glyphs in mop were pretty fun too (idk how they are in wod). Stuff like catching on fire during enrage or leaving a trail of fire when you charge, that's flashy and cool, like what I imagine a berserking warrior to be like. Intervene/charge/heroic leap combos are so freaking awesome when you can make them happen. Their toolkit is all kinds of reckless abandon and upinyourface ripping stuff up type. The different roars and stuns and the way each of talent combos change how you play the class completely is very cool and refreshing.

Ret is more nuanced in that you have some support abilities that you have to keep an eye out for and you have a burst window you have to train someone during. outside of which it is pretty straightforward as you are either keeping the enemy's attention by keeping him off your teammates or using your support abilities to help teammate.

DK is neither of two, they don't have the mobility of warrior or sup of pally or even the burst window of pally. What they do have are again, cool gameplay elements, imo. Deathgrip FEELS good. Asphyxiate feels awesome (dude floating in the air clutching his throat). Oblit crits are pretty huge and feel awesome when you get them. idc much about unholy either as I suck at managing pets, but the flavor of the class (commanding a ghoul, transforming it, and sticking to your enemy through thick and thin with that companion) feel awesome. Diseases eating away at the enemy or chains of ice keeping them snared are cool. DKs also have some awesome CDs, become undead for a bit, heal for half your health, negate magic, remoseless winter where a whirling cloud of ice freezes enemies around you, You can also change it up a bit by going blood dk in arenas and focus on controlling the match with your ccs and peels and being an all around unkillable annoyance. that's all awesome stuff gameplay wise, imo.

Deleted
    WoW. Thanky you Kopykat, that's the answer I was looking forward I really appreciate effort you put into it. That's really helpful, thank you very much

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    It's hard to say at the moment as PvP is unbalanced as shit, however if Swifty's new ultra skills 1 shot macro isn't nerfed I can see Arms being Flavor of the Expansion... again. And, from what I saw of the macro itself: yes, it would be really dull and boring to play. Get 30 rage, waiting for RNG procs, click macro, collect rating.

From what I've heard, Ret isn't awful, however I can't speak from personal experience as I've not played any PvP on beta yet.
    Yeah, that was changed a while back when execute and sudden death was doing stupid dmg with the amount of rage you had. So yeah, that's not going live.
    To OP : I would advise you to warrior. Warrior > dk > ret imo. Before the release of every expansion there is always a ret hype train and guess what it never delivers. They always get outshined by dks and warriors atleast going off the past 3 expansions.
    Shame you ruled out DK though...

Frost is a garbage spec though. It does great in random BGs where you will get a lot of killing blows and such, but it just has too many drawbacks. Very weak defensive CDs, can't stay in blood presence or damage output is completely shutdown, can't escape damage, can't force a target swap, etc. Its only good feature is gripping enemies into bad positions and consistent high damage output....but it requires being on a target. Unholy has everything frost has in addition to better overall survivability and a much higher burst phase every 3 minutes. Only place frost is better is in consistent burst, which is can do roughly every 1minute as opposed to 3. Who knows what unholy pressure will be like in WoD though. It is severely undertuned atm and lost necrotic strike, so unless it gets HUGE damage buffs in the next few patches, the DK class overall is looking really lowsy for any form of skilled PVP. Retarded mongo smash random BGs where no one will focus you down or constantly peel you off a target though, frost will do you well.

Overall plate DPS suck. Blizzard doesn't like them, and intentionally keeps them shitty (outside of the occasional arms overtuning, like now) by limiting their toolkit. Blizzard thinks nancy boy pussies in a dress should be better than everyone else, and gives them complete toolkits to get the job done, in addition to having the inherent advantage of range. If you want to prance around like a woman then WOW PVP is for you, but if you want to play a smash your face in warrior-type of spec then you are intentionally handicapping yourself.