What are your favorite features of all the expansions that you actively played? Which feature did you like the least?
I know there are a bunch of threads similar to this one, but I want to read your thoughts on the whole journey that WoW has been, at this point in time - the end of Mists of Pandaria with WoW's 10 year anniversary just around the corner.
+ The release of WoW
+ PvP Titles being the only available titles. This gave a real feeling of war between the factions; everyone was by default addressed by their military title.
+ All the fansites were filled with lore, there was Allimania (german), I remember inwow.de, all the work that Stevinho has done. It was really involving, you would stay awake at night just to read more, play more, experience it more.
- Pidgeonholing classes into certain specs. I had to go from feral to resto or hybrid (0/30/21) for raiding.
- The way PvP rewards worked. 24/7 or gtfo
+ Hard 5-man heroics
+ Nagrand. I just love the zone, can't even put my finger on what exactly it is that I like best about it.
+ The way feral worked. I know it will never come back, and it should never come back for the good of the game, but it was fun!
- Introduction of flying mounts.
- That's all I can think of right now. For serious raiders I could see the cascade of attunements being a problem, but I wasn't very much into pve at that point.
- nothing :>
+ Ulduar! All of it! The way hard modes were implemented. The artwork. The encounters. The guild I was in :>
+ Chainheal spam being the skill-cap for shaman xD Boy, that was beautiful!
- Shadowmourne + PvP... why...
I just realize how little I remember about WotLK. All I remember are my best raiding times after vanilla.
+ The idea of rated BGs
+ The rework of the old zones. Desolace is beautiful! So sad we rush through those amazing zones only to take ages to level through the dull 60+ zones.
+ ... well... *scratches head*
- The implementation of rated BGs and what they turned into. It's like all of the cheating scum of WoW gets sucked into rBG. Or it's just more obvious here how rotten some players are. Dunno. I'm still waiting for Blizzard's Iron Fist on this one. Actually I'm not, I've given up :/
- The whole leveling experience. With the zones scattered across the globe, damage to mob HP ratio being really off (played ele, if that matters) and boring zones there's just no redeeming qualities this time around. Worst expansion to level through by fucking miles.
- I took a break until MoP rather early. The negative list on this expansion could be expanded by multiple pages tbh.
+ Challenge Modes!!! So much fun! So 5-man 'heroics' can finally be sacrificed to the keyboard turner gods, now that there is fun and hard 5-man content. Win-win for casuals and hardcore players. Plus it's easy to do in small steps, for people with limited game time. 10/10, would fanboy again.
+ Legendary Questline. Unless you were BFF with the raidleaders or a backstabbing P.O.S. chances are the legendaries so far were a non-factor for you (/me) - only there to ruin pvp. I love the MoP approach to legendaries!!
+ Setting. I love the artwork. I love the concept of the Four Celestials. I love the concept of Sha. Plus it can lead to hilarious irony in LFR. When you are fighting the Sha of Pride, and in the chat some keyboard heroes are fueling the fires of hatred xD
- The pvp gear gap is absurd at the moment. I just came back to the game and at this point I will not even bother trying to catch up. I turned towards pve for now, getting some CMs done, just now finished the legendary questline.
Let me hear your thoughts!