Thread: WoW: Next Level

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There's very little actual innovation in your suggestions. And as a market leader Blizzard does not need or want to take risks because it would be incredibly stupid and they have lot more to lose than win.
    I am pushing for innovation, not necessarily giving specific drilled-down answers here. As a market leader, not being innovative and not taking some risks would probably be responsible for losing that market leadership. It would be incredibly stupid to sit on your laurels don't you think?
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    WoW is not a sandbox game. Age of Wushu is probably the most successful one, and even that is completely unknown in NA/EU for a reason. There's no market for it.
    Eve would be the better example having like 500k subscribers (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Age of Wushu on the other hand was doomed to fail at the start because it's just another p2w chinese money grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I am pushing for innovation, not necessarily giving specific drilled-down answers here. As a market leader, not being innovative and not taking some risks would probably be responsible for losing that market leadership. It would be incredibly stupid to sit on your laurels don't you think?
    I think Blizz is actually taking quite a few risks when you look at the changes they are implementing. They have restructured raiding - their major end game content. Introduced different concepts for getting gear. Changed their talent system dramatically. Implemented many different things (like battle pets, garrisons, brawler's guild, guild levels, BMAH, reforging, LFD, LFR, CRZ, phased content, restructuring classes, etc...). Some flopped. Some flourished. But I don't think you can really say that Blizz is not taking any risks or making any changes.

Of course, there is more they can do. But I don't think they are completely resting on their laurels.

There's difference between taking risks and innovating stuff.

LFD and flex raiding for example are biggest innovations of whole MMORPG genre that Blizzard has done. LFD is now standard in every single new game because it's so useful (GW2 tried to launch without one and was forced to revert that stupidity) and WildStar forum was already full on first week asking for easier raid modes and flex raiding because it really makes the game better for average players. As a raid leader and guild master (job I did few years back) one of the most shittiest things was benching people or calling raids because there wasn't exact 25 online. Now in WoD it doesn't matter if there's 18 or 22 or 30 online, you can always raid and take whole guild with you without benching anybody. Not mythic, but all other difficulties, and that already makes life much easier for vast majority of guilds that couldn't do mythic in the first place anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by floud View Post
    Eve would be the better example having like 500k subscribers (correct me if I'm wrong).
    I'd rather call Eve an economy simulator than sandbox MMORPG. Realistic handling the resources and money is that game's major strength.

Mechagnome
    I was thinking what could assist WoW in reaching another level for it's own innovation. This could be for its next iteraion of MMO (WoW 2) or its current design plans. Some things that it should shoot for:

• Add content that allows subscribers to do things that are meaningful, that can make a difference to the world
    • Leaderboards in raiding, PvP, Questing, Crafting etc
    • Ability to shape their world/community
    • Economy - this needs to improve in all areas
    • Increased Alliance/Horde tensions
    • Goals/rewards that are realstic to all styles of play

Blizzard should really focus on being innovative, take some calculated risks and take their MMO to another level. What do you think?
    Ingame leaderboards is a good idea, like challenge modes

the rest u wrote is not enough detail to comment
    Why are Dungeons and Scenarios mash-fests that take less time than the actual queue or wait list? What a waste of content design...