Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Best spec in beta currently?

Was wondering since Survival is king right now in Live, whats the best spec in the beta currently. Did anything get nerfed/buffed?

Deleted
    BM is currently King on Live in BiS gear.

as for what's doing well on Beta atm, i do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    BM is currently King on Live in BiS gear.

as for what's doing well on Beta atm, i do not know.
    Constructive post.

@op
    This last patch nerfed kill command, but still looks like BM is the top dps spec. SV is looking good mechanically, with that lnl revert change, though it still looks weak in terms of dmg. MM received almost nothing to help it get better (steady focus could help).

I second BM, Blizzard is doing everything they can atm to bring down BM and bump up SV though.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Was wondering since Survival is king right now in Live, ...
    lol /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my current ranking of each of the specs with varying degrees of gear (D=Dungeon,N=Normal/Pre-Heroic,PvP=PvP):

MM is currently scaling off the charts with wep dmg, hence the HUGE jump. Could be a bug in simc stuff, who knows.

Beta, beta, beta, simcnotgosple, ect
    Last edited by Conjor; 2014-09-04 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Here is my current ranking of each of the specs with varying degrees of gear (D=Dungeon,N=Normal/Pre-Heroic,PvP=PvP):

MM is currently scaling off the charts with wep dmg, hence the HUGE jump. Could be a bug in simc stuff, who knows.

Beta, beta, beta, simcnotgosple, ect
    What stat priorities were you using for the PVP MM set?

Conjor,
    How is simc handling Sniper Training uptime with MM currently? The actual uptime will def depend on the encounter but i was just curious how Simc handles it atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    What stat priorities were you using for the PVP MM set?
    The PvP MM set is copy-pasta from the profiles that are in the simc repo atm, with the exception of a Megawatt Filament as the wep enchant and a custom APL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aimbot1 View Post
    Conjor,
    How is simc handling Sniper Training uptime with MM currently? The actual uptime will def depend on the encounter but i was just curious how Simc handles it atm.
    It is handled as you would expect. Since almost all sims are done with 0 movement, it becomes a static buff. You could do one with movement and it wouldn't be static anymore, but it can handle that case.

In terms of how close that will be to a real raid encounter, well, that comes down to player skill. There are very few fights that I have raid tested that clearly showed a seriously problem for MM in terms of movement requirements. They even added in a special check for push-back mechanics so that it didn't affect the buff for their duration.

Conjor,

What stat weight / gear list did you use for the MM T17_N profile?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiimdave View Post
    Conjor,

What stat weight / gear list did you use for the MM T17_N profile?
    Didn't do any specific min/maxing:

head=rylakstalkers_headguard,id=115545
    neck=spiked_foundry_collar,id=116309,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    shoulders=rylakstalkers_spaulders,id=115547
    back=deadshot_longcloak,id=116304,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    chest=rylakstalkers_tunic,id=115548
    wrists=beastmasters_iron_bracers,id=116038
    hands=rylakstalkers_gloves,id=115549
    waist=bloodsteel_warbelt,id=116047
    legs=rylakstalkers_legguards,id=115546
    feet=ramcarriers_treads,id=116042
    finger1=eye_of_the_gronn,id=116299,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    finger2=solium_band_of_dexterity,id=118292,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    trinket1=blackheart_enforcers_medallion,id=116314
    trinket2=formidable_jar_of_doom,id=114610
    main_hand=crackshot_longrifle,id=116388,enchant=megawatt_filament

Deleted
    'We're seeing Survival as slightly high on damage (by just a few %).'

Is this some kind of sick joke?

How are the PVP sets for SV and BM scaling better than the regular gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what! BM is not going to be king spec for teir 17... /sarcasm :P Just plz tell me that BiR for MM will not be the gurly Blood Elves
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghraxxus View Post
    Wait what! BM is not going to be king spec for teir 17... /sarcasm :P Just plz tell me that BiR for MM will not be the gurly Blood Elves
    In terms of race I would see: BM=Orc, MM=Tauren (at N-H gear levels), SV=Anything

... Yes, I said Tauren :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    In terms of race I would see: BM=Orc, MM=Tauren (at N-H gear levels), SV=Anything

... Yes, I said Tauren :/
    It's minor but yea Tauren will get better with gear for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Crucixo View Post
    'We're seeing Survival as slightly high on damage (by just a few %).'

Is this some kind of sick joke?
    Maybe not. SV is a DoT class attuned to Multistrike with a 20% damage buff to multistrikes. There could be a significant jump in survival damage once you've got multiple ticks rolling and they're all multistriking once or twice. I haven't done any math on this or looked at how sims are handling SV DoTs, and something something reports on arcane serpent sting mysteries. The Survivalist change is being accounted for, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    Maybe not. SV is a DoT class attuned to Multistrike with a 20% damage buff to multistrikes. There could be a significant jump in survival damage once you've got multiple ticks rolling and they're all multistriking once or twice. I haven't done any math on this or looked at how sims are handling SV DoTs, and something something reports on arcane serpent sting mysteries. The Survivalist change is being accounted for, right?
    Well that's not showing in tests so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    That would be possible if there was interaction between our dots and, well, anything. As far as I can tell BA multistrikes don't proc L&L.

There are no interactions between our DoTs, no. We simply have a higher modifier on our multistrike damage. So a higher multistrike for us would yield a higher amount of throughput than it would for others. Of course, that doesn't mean anything if our damage is already lower regardless. I'd be more interested in seeing the chart towards the end tiers of WoD.
    IE, normally 30% multistrike would average 109% damage and 60% multistrike would average 118%. But with Survivalist that multiplier changes from 1.3 and 1.6 to 1.36 and 1.72 so at 30% multistrike the average damage would be 110% and at 60% it'd be 121.6%. Probably pennies and totally irrelevant, but I think it's an interesting dynamic.