Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Nightmnare Tide Digital Edition Information Released

https://rift.trionworlds.com/

$150 Edition comes with mount and lots of other stuffs

$50 edition comes with a small amount of stuff

$30 edition comes with very little

The big news is the $50 and $150 editions come with a free level 60.

Some of the items are available on live now.

PS. How did I manage to beat Slipmat to the punch on this? Slip you are slacking my friend!
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2014-09-03 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    he posted on the rift forums this morning.. *cough* Traitor *cough*

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...e-tide-up.html

I want to see what everything looks like before deciding on which to get :S

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    he posted on the rift forums this morning.. *cough* Traitor *cough*

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...e-tide-up.html

I want to see what everything looks like before deciding on which to get :S
    I just got the $150 one. Daglar said it will give 150k loyalty as well so I figured it was worth it. I've got 60 bucks in credits that I can use for patron passes since my 1 year sub runs out in 10 days and I won't be renewing (not worth it really).

So...that $150 comes with relic gear for all of your characters?

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    So...that $150 comes with relic gear for all of your characters?
    Where are you seeing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Where are you seeing that?
    Says it right here in bold:

Oh, I just looked at the actual contents that were listed out.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Says it right here in bold:

powerful relics doesn't mean relic gear. I think they are referring to the items listed therein cause its never been mentioned anywhere that you get relic gear for any of these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post

PS. How did I manage to beat Slipmat to the punch on this? Slip you are slacking my friend!
    I blame the Timezones, by the time this news 'broke' I was raiding as we raid 18.00-21.00 GMT, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

Gave in and picked up the Ultimate Pack for 135 Euro, lots of fluff, the wording on the "awesome sauce Relics inside!!" is definitely ambiguous, like you said, all it does is upgrade a piece of existing Relic gear you already have to the next upgrade path, sure it bypasses having to "earn" the upgrade item/currency but......it only upgrades one piece like, say, Robe or Helm.

Saw someone say it could be used to upgrade 2 minor pieces like gloves and belt as they might take 3 orbs each and a robe/helm/shoulders and maybe boots take 6 orbs, which is all you got, 6 orbs.

Is it good? sure, let me feel good for about 5 weeks until 3.0 releases, does it mean my Guild and I will suddenly progress to clearing all of Tier 3 BoB bosses now? hell no way

First, it would mean all 20 raiders buying the 135 Euro pack, not likely, second practically everything in the pack is 'fluff' and Daglar/Ocho have confirmed that you can earn the items in game as well, the shark mount can be earned later on, possibly not even the same colour but it will be obtainable.

The main thing to realise is you do not even need to buy any of the three packs, the whole Expansion is given to us for free, zilch, nada, zero money.

There is nothing to stop you leveling up to 65, experiencing every zone, every Dungeon, every Raid, see everything, some people seem to think the Devs have given players the entire Expansion out of the goodness of their hearts and tell us "no, no, keep any money you have, this is our gift to you".

Yet, same people whine, throw toys from the pram when Trion offer a few fluffy items for people to support the game, money has to keep coming in somehow

Thanks for the clarification Slipmat, I was worried it was like a full on set of T gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would like to play this expansion, but I found the levelling so boring in the last expansion I haven't made it to 60!

Is there any level 60 boosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    The big news is the $50 and $150 editions come with a free level 60.
    Nevermind! I should really read before posting.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-09-04 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    Are they seriously charging for the expansion?
    Is there level increase with the expansion?
    How will you be affected gamewise if not having the expansion?
    If level increase it would be awesome, pretty much as it would if star wars removed warzone restriction. Being able to play on a lower level with other f2p-players promotes higher balance than endgame pvp.
    If there is not level increase, and just content increase with just gear progress, new crafting mats, etc well, first it's just a major patch and not expansion really in these kinds of mmos and I know I wont be touching it again until there is a level increase in game.
    I dont understand what they are up to, but something is smelling that this isn't really good.

Update: Looked at the previous post about content. I don't see how they can charge any kind of money of this. Many of these things people could already buy on the side, dreamweaver, souls, pvp dimensions. It's just a major patch with a new zone, some improved quality of life stuff, some new raids and dungeons. If you already got the souls, profession, and so on they are making you pay for it twice.
    I dont know, it sure got a sour smell to it. That is if the forum post below this with release of content still includes same stuff. I would be really pissed if I was a vet that already bought the stuff in game.
    Last edited by mmocb8e9590de3; 2014-09-04 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    If level increase it would be awesome, pretty much as it would if star wars removed warzone restriction. Being able to play on a lower level with other f2p-players promotes higher balance than endgame pvp.
    If there is not level increase, and just content increase with just gear progress, new crafting mats, etc well, first it's just a major patch and not expansion really in these kinds of mmos and I know I wont be touching it again until there is a level increase in game.
    I dont understand what they are up to, but something is smelling that this isn't really good.
    Think it's pretty common to charge for an expansion.

Level cap is increased to 65.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

Ah didn't see anything about the level cap increase in the forum post below stating expansion release.
    Compared to last expansion it still seems to be a bit cheap in terms of content + making people paying twice for items. I haven't bought souls, dreamweaver etc but it would make sence that those who bought it and then bought expansions got a credit refund somehow. Making you paying twice for something is not ok.

Deleted
    The expansion is free. These packs aren't needed to get the expansion content, new zones, new level cap, dungeons, raids and so on.

This is taken from their expansion announcement:
    In Nightmare Tide, you’ll dive into adventures in brand new open-world zones and story quest lines. You’ll team up with other Ascended and test your mettle in new planar dungeons, raids, raid rifts and slivers. You’ll take part in massive dynamic battles in the Plane of Water, seek out new artifacts and collections, and craft new weapons and armor. Access to all of this content will remain absolutely free – part of our promise to you since converting to our highly successful Free-to-Play system.

10+ Year Old Account

As I pointed out in my post and Vymlon has also said, the entire Expansion is free you do not need to buy anything to level to 65 and enjoy everything.

The packs are just fluff, a mount, a pet, extra minion slots etc, everything in the packs can also be earned in the game, unless you want to split hairs and argue that the shark mount you will earn in game is not cobalt blue, the same as the Ultimate pack one and maybe the jellyfish pet

So, the level cap is increased from 60 to 65, don't forget this Expansion will also introduce up-mentoring so if your friends get the game, they can up level to your level and you can show them some of the end zones.

Obviously they wouldn't be able to keep any drops or gear or accept quests but they can get a taste of end game to encourage them to keep leveling, failing that, the two bigger packs also include a free level 60 which you can sell or gift to other players.

Now, how about a look at the shark mount, courtesy of well known Rift Guide writer and YouTuber, Seatin

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

Not for Trion. 3.0 will be free the same as Storm Legion is free same as vanilla is free. The souls cost and there is fluff you can buy but the game and all content is free and that does not appear to be changing anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if you get the instant level 60 if you buy the package now, the information given is rather vague.

I like Rift, but levelling in Storm Legion was awful.

Deleted
    Would be nice to know,... yeah!

But leveling in SL is not that enduring anymore. The part from lvl 40-50 is worse, in my opinion. As far as I know, the XP needed for a level up have been lowered. But pls correct me if I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriye View Post
    But leveling in SL is not that enduring anymore. The part from lvl 40-50 is worse, in my opinion. As far as I know, the XP needed for a level up have been lowered. But pls correct me if I am wrong
    When I leveled my last character about 8ish months ago (rogue), I'd agree. 40-50 was downright painful. And while 51-60 is still pretty obnoxious, it was a breeze compared to 40-50.