Poll: What style do you prefer?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What style of catchup mechanics do you prefer?

Title's self explanitory.

Once a new content patch is released there's often catchup mechanics that allow either new or returning players to reach an accessable gear level to the content that's relevant to the latest patch.

So which do you prefer?

Deleted
    i like the cata model, justice to buy previous tier items, and conquest for current. so to catch up farming hcs for justice/valor would be the best way of catching up

Updated Dungeons, new LFRs and for Other: any system where you have the option to do dailies and reputation grinds to offset bad luck streaks. Timeless Isle is a shameful stain on the game's history and no-LFR would basically kill the game for a ton of people who've settled into using it since 4.3.

I guess the new Crystal System takes the place of valor and dailies at the same time.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I like the new dungeons alongside raids for having more content, but I really liked the Timeless Isle setup.

What about the "none" model? Y'know, like... Give players the journey back, instead of all the ridiculous (near)instant gratification.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    What about the "none" model? Y'know, like... Give players the journey back, instead of all the ridiculous (near)instant gratification.
    Like running through old dungeons/raids as stepping stones? It's on the poll.

I wouldn't mind if heroic dungeons had an item level cap similar to challenge mode, and then always dropped tier-relevant loot

I always disliked the skipping of raid tiers. So I voted to use the previous raids as stepping stones. However, they should allow the avoidance of RNG drops once the new tier is released.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i like the cata model, justice to buy previous tier items, and conquest for current. so to catch up farming hcs for justice/valor would be the best way of catching up
    Yea that was a good one. Fast tracking your chara to 90 (either through dungeons with buffs, quests with heirlooms, or with cash), do a few quests on an island and loot a few chests and then do LFR for gear. Not really an attractive prospect for someone who is trying to gear up a backup raid character. Farm dungeons and old raids for justice/valor is a much more attractive prospect (then you can get the whole guild in on it.)
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

10+ Year Old Account
    Would say a mix.

New dungeons released with new raids is top, supported by previous tiers and backed up with currency.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a huge fan of dungeon content, so I'd say I prefer dungeons over everything, but I feel the timeless isle concept is the way forward. It may mean less dungeons, which I will lament, but in reality its a much more realistic method.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I like the idea that old raids are still relevant at least from previous tier.
    New Raid>Last Raid=Some justice purchases (previous tier gear) for 2 piece tier, ring, neck and the like>LFR=New Dungeons>Old Dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    I would prefer that a new or a returning player should do the older content, thus keeping that content alive, but an alt of a person who has done the older tiers, would be rewarded with a less time consuming catch up - like for example a higher cap on valor (apexis crystals in WoD, I guess) and extra loot satchels from previous tiers and etc rewarding lfr or normal (flex in WoD in case some did not know) level loot.

New dungeons is the most fun way for the player. But I get that they take resources and resources are limited. Second choice would be valor/currency gear.

I liked some things about Timeless Isle, but not its gear catch-up model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valor or Dungeon mix
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

None, let players go thru the content at the required pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably new dungeons with decent stepping gear, I liked how the Dragon Soul 5 mans gave Firelands comparable ish gear so you could grind to catch up. There ought to be at least some element of playing the game.

New Dungeons + New Raid & TimeLess Isle.

Lfr is fine for catch up. I would like to see the previous lfr/raids require completion before the current lfr is available. Like you would have to through vaults and all the flea before you could do SoO lfr.

Deleted
    Kinda liked the late Wotlk model. With emblems and new dungeons.

LFR is also great (or could be), since we were just a small guild of friends that started when 5.4 came out. But its not so good implemented.

The problems with LFR is that people that are fresh or on a alt go to timeless isle and gear up.
    But since their items is only ~496 they dont care to gem/reforge/enchant them because they are waiting for 528 gear.
    Which they might not either "upgrade/perfect" because they just want those LFR items so they can get into flex/normal.

I guess this is some of the problems with todays LFR, people AFK because of running the raid for the 500th time, people doing 30-50k dps because of no gems/enchant.