Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The fluidity of doing things in WoW has far surpassed any other game I've played. Controls are very reactive, and I love it for that. Any other MMO I've tried playing just does not have that smooth feeling.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft (and Blizzard in general) has some of the best music in the gaming industry. Through WoW I found my love for classical music.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always get burned out of WoW and then realize that there is always something to do in WoW. My step brother started playing and so we're powerleveling a shit tonne of alts. He and I always find something to do on our mains despite both of us having shit gear. That is why WoW is awesome. Be creative, don't go "Ohhhhhh noooo, locked out of raids for the rest of the week. Better pass the the time on the forums."

I like how the game shows different cultures, like real world.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No matter how many times I put it down, no matter how many controversial things Blizzard says or does, whether through stupidity on my part or otherwise...I will always come back to this game. There are plenty of great MMOs out there for various things, but none of them have the specific level of polish, development, decade's worth of accomplishments, or any of the other X factors that this game does. No matter how low subscribers get, this will still be the best MMO that has ever been made and will likely always hold that title.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    My husband got me into WoW - the friends I have made and the fun I have on a consistent basis keeps me there.

In its current state the best i can think of is: The upcoming expansion has an adequate number of "W"s in the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, first off let me just say that it's nice to see a positive thread on WoW for once. On a forum like MMO-C you'd think people would have more positive things to say about WoW rather than bashing on it all the time and complaining about everything. "This is overpowered, that is overpowered" "Why can't Blizzard do this, why can't Blizzard do that" "This isn't good enough" "I want this, I want that", it gets tiring after seeing it constantly almost everytime you come on the MMO-C forums. You'd think with all this complaining that it's coming from people who don't play WoW anymore and are just bashing on it because they think the game is stupid or whatever but it's not. A lot of these people still play WoW. It puzzles me because how can you play a game when all you do is complain about it?

Anyway, I've been with WoW for about 8 years now and not once did I find myself hating the game. There are some things in WoW that I don't agree with but nothing to complain on a forum about. I did quit one time back in WotLK because I was just plain out bored but I came back shortly after seeing my one friend play it one day and I just had that urge to play it again, just from watching him play it. I don't know what it is about WoW if it's the art style, the sounds, or what but it just drew me back in making me want to play it again. It was only a couple of months until I resubscribed and have been subscribed ever since. There is always something that keeps me playing whether it's farming for JP and VP (which is sadly being taken away in WoD), professions, leveling up another character, working on dailies to get a pet, mount, tabard, title, or whatever, running old dungeons for fun or for transmog gear. There is hardly ever a time where I'm so bored with WoW that I just stop playing, there's always something. The deep story, awesome characters, environments, and just the amount lore and history this game has is just amazing. The gameplay of each class is always fun. There was never a time where I thought a class played poorly. WoW is just an all around a damn awesome game.

Ultimately though what really keeps me going is when the game makes me use my imagination. I like to imagine my character doing things that the game isn't able to show. When I do that it makes the game so much more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-09-04 at 06:56 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    If the game was amazing, there would be nothing to be said, because you would be playing the game instead of being on a forum.
    Right because people never say nice things about stuff that they enjoy. They just do it and meander on, silently.

That's clearly how life works. /eyeroll

On-topic, I love a lot of things about WoW - the music, the art style, and the fluidity of its controls (which are even better in WoD). I also enjoy a lot of the lore and little side stories.

I also think they're doing a brilliant job of updating their classic races. They definitely need some finetuning, some of them at least, but the overall job has been better than I hoped for.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2014-09-04 at 06:42 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Tha music in this game is amazing.

Ehm People are mostly praising the game nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Ultimately though what really keeps me going is when the game makes me use my imagination. I like to imagine my character doing things that the game isn't able to show. When I do that it makes the game so much more enjoyable.
    Do you play on a RP server? or have ever thought about it??
    Last edited by Pabzi; 2014-09-04 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there are many things I love about WoW, but if I had to choose one, it would be the opportunity to meet all those amazing people over the years. My guildies, the guys I used to roleplay & raid with, and all the friends on my battle-tag list.

So yeah, thanks Blizzard :P

Quote Originally Posted by Quass View Post
    Well, there are many things I love about WoW, but if I had to choose one, it would be the opportunity to meet all those amazing people over the years. My guildies, the guys I used to roleplay & raid with, and all the friends on my battle-tag list.

So yeah, thanks Blizzard :P
    Maybe if Heroes of the storm picks off and Blizzard decides to develop some worldwide tournaments, you could possibly meet them there (if they're also playing) since its free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zettazlow View Post
    Do you play on a RP server? or have ever thought about it??
    Oh yes, in fact I have a bunch of characters on an RP server but I never really had the chance to do actual real RP. I mean the stuff I see people doing most of the time when RPing is basically like playing Life in WoW. The way I want to RP (a friend and I thought about this a long time ago) is make a guild of our own and make up our own quests and have our own hideout in the Deeprun Tram where we would all meet after quests and such. We would make up our own stories and plots and would give out rewards when you complete each quest whether it be gold or gear. It sounds like such a fun idea but we never really had the time to do it and doing something like that takes a lot of time, work, and dedication.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-09-04 at 09:19 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Oh yes, in fact I have a bunch of characters on an RP server but I never really had the chance to do actual real RP. I mean the stuff I see people doing most of the time when RPing is basically like playing Life in WoW. The way I want to RP (a friend and I thought about this a long time ago) is make a guild of our own and make up our own quests and have our own little hideout in the Deeprun Tram where we would all meet after quests and such. We would make up our own little stories and plots and would give out rewards when you complete each quests whether it be gold or gear. It sounds like such a fun idea but we never really had the time to do it.
    OH time is the problem.. otherwise you could easily promote the concept. RP'ers love stuff like this. Its even interesting to me, someone who's never RP'd haha

Quote Originally Posted by zettazlow View Post
    Maybe if Heroes of the storm picks off and Blizzard decides to develop some worldwide tournaments, you could possibly meet them there (if they're also playing) since its free.
    Mmmm... not quite.

You see the latest years Blizzard launched other games than WoW too ... and for some reason they didn't stick to most people's stomac.

While having an excellent and incredible fast combat system, D3 was a let down after they killed trading, just to please the masses and while Hearthstone is incredibly polished after a year now, it is as hollow as any iPad games are today.

I never liked Starcraft games either. Too old concepts of a strategy building game...

So while these games bring in a LOT of money and spread the revenue of Blizzard over all these games, they are not quite in the same LONG TERM playing League as WoW.

Of course D3 is fantastic to some fans still, but it lacks the incredible diversity of an open world Azeroth and ditto complexity.

As such WoW - even after 10 years, but perhaps BECAUSE of these 10 years - stands high above the other Blizzard games.

I still consider Blizzard the Rolls Royce of PC gaming, but WoW is that illusive 1 million dollar model, while the other Blizzard products are the cheaper alternatives.

Of course the rest of the MMO bunch is more like riding a 1970 Trabant from former Eastern Germany

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Ehm People are mostly praising the game nowadays.
    Those that still play actually are waiting for WoD more than any other expansion before it.

To many that left earlier, WoD will feel like a "welcome home" again.

Blizzard installed a pretty solid AND flexible server infrastructure over the last year, which will have a HUGE impact in the followng expansions.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-09-04 at 10:10 PM.

Since it's my favourite guild the list would be really long... but most recently I'm SUPER hyped for new character models. There is a lot of complaints about them here on mmo-champ, but for me every single one looks amazing and they make me want to play WoD more tan anything else right now. Those animated dwarven beards... gimme! NOW!

Blizzard sure knows how to make people fall in love with their raids.. Love ulduar <3

I think people are funny with this stuff....I'm talking about the people that played the game for years and years but now say it sucks or just trash on Blizzard....so you confront them and they go "oh well my sub is up" (or the famous "well I'm not hanging around my sub doesn't end until [insert amount of time here]").....Well I feel like saying "so you supposedly hate this game that at one time you played for years and years on , but now even that you "hate" the game....you still can't pull yourself away from the forums dedicated to the game....reading about upcoming expansions, etc..."......and we are supposed to believe from these people that they hate the game.....yeah ok...but its PERFECTLY healthy to admit you dislike something but yet you are still addicted to it.....yeah ok nothing wrong with that.........(tip: see seek out professional help)

Anyway....my draw to WoW is for a few reasons ...1) I'm just a huge blizzard fan, I've been following and playing their games (and giving blizzard my money..lol) for 20 years....I've been around as fan since the original Warcraft 1 release days. I've always liked their style of games and counted them as one of the best game developers on the planet for the PC platform. 2) I got sucked into Warcraft I and II (and eventually III but I didn't play III until AFTER WoW released) .....so once WoW came out that was something that just blew me away -- as a far of Warcraft story/lore I couldn't believe it...and so now its almost 10 years later since my first WoW character was ever created (and I still have him btw)....3) I find WoW excellent for some escapism from my real world problems and stresses....I've played other MMOs (and to be fair btw...I think some other MMO's have better features and raids than WoW).....but as a whole package...I find WoW to win out as what I call the "best".....even though some other games do things BETTER than WoW IMO....I still think WoW wins out.