Deleted

Other MMPORG with decent pvp?

Playing much less pvp since the 10 minute+ que time for horde and the insane
    amount of Russian bg's. Seems like Blizzard are basically happy to let pvp die
    out as a major component of the game at max level as they did at low-level.

Is there another MMO out there with a pvp focus and a team that manages it
    actively?

Deleted
    I've heard good things about the PvP in ArcheAge - It's released on sept 16 I think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Seems like Blizzard are basically happy to let pvp die
    WoD is a good PvP expansion, not saying it's going to be amazing, but it's certainly a step in the right direction after 2 truly awful PvP expansions.

Just need some more finetuning and it should be much more enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they're all bad in some way. You just have to get used to whatever abuse the game you decide to play throws at you. I liked SWTOR's pvp for some reason, but that's just me, most people hated that game. WoW probably offers the best pvp for most people. Stay the fuck away from Rift's pvp unless you enjoy nobody dying and a retarded gear grind.

Chivalry Medieval Warfare has better pvp than any MMO out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played just about every MMORPG from the time of the genre's debut up to and including late 2013, and despite all that experience on the scene... there is honestly no other games of this type that I've enjoyed as much as WoW when it comes to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLedge View Post
    WoD is a good PvP expansion, not saying it's going to be amazing, but it's certainly a step in the right direction after 2 truly awful PvP expansions.

Just need some more finetuning and it should be much more enjoyable.
    If you're melee, sure.

Dark age of Camelot ( a bit dated now ) but that had fantastic pvp. Few balance issues like any game as there were so many classes to try balance but the pvp was very fun. They really hit the rock papers scissors of stealthers > casters > Melee> stealthers eg so you needed a good mix of classes to do well in balanced 8vs8

The only thing ESO got right is the PvP.

Also if you have the computer for it and want to try something different, try PlanetSide 2. But find a clan as quick as possible, the fun factor multiplies by 100 if you are organized.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you a great one but first, why not give WoD a try? I believe it will be a great pvp expansion and the sole reason I came back to WoW. It seems like pvp will go back to vanilla/tbc days which is great in my opinion. I've played a huntard since wow was released and I think it will still be just as dominate in wpvp and bg's as they have always been.

But if you want a pvp mmo that focuses on anything goes sandbox pvp and don't mind playing spaceships than I don't think you can go past eve online. Eve online pvp can be ridiculously brutal and unforgiving. I have not played any game that gets my heart pumping and my body shaking like pvping in eve online. Hell for new people just being in lowsec or nullsec space can scare the bejesus out of you. Solo play, small gangs and giant blobs with all kinds of pvp against anyone weather they want to pvp or not. The penalties are pretty big, having your ship destroyed results in your ship turning into a wreck (that people can salvage) and you can also drop some loot of items you had which weren't destroyed in the explosion. When your ship is destroyed your left with a pod with you inside it and you need to warp out fast to re-ship and hope you don't get scrammed cos you don't want to lose your pod especially if its shiny. Look up about it if you want, its a fantastic game for pvp that makes you feel satisfied. The learning curve is very high but they have tried to make it easier for new people to get into it. Becoming great at small scale pvp in t2 frigs n cruisers is very hard but feels so rewarding

I liked SWTOR's pvp better than any other mmo to date. Classes seemed pretty balanced and although there is a ton of cc it's negated to some extent with the resolve bar. There are a lot of knockbacks and charge/death grip type of mechanics as well.

Tanks are actually useful in pvp too and Bioware doesn't shit on them like Blizzard. You can protect another character with a shield and taunts actually negate damage from other players.

i loved eves pvp tbh, since everything can be quantified in REAL money there's an honest sense of consequence

and there's nothing better than being on a killmail of something that was worth hundreds of REAL dollars ;D

the tears are so much sweeter when you know this and that you outplayed them with intelligence, sheer force or just a little bit of luck.
    Last edited by Illana; 2014-09-08 at 05:55 AM.

Why even play MMOs for PvP? Why not play something like dota/fps/fighting games instead? I really don't understand the appeal of playing an MMO JUST for PvP.

Deleted
    testtesttest
    Last edited by mmocf0a7121e7d; 2015-09-16 at 04:51 PM.