Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Strongman rulers tend to be popular, for various reasons.
    Not that it always is smart, though.
    P.S.
    Crimea voted, yes, but when it was occupied by foreign armed forces.
    How very democratic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Yeah, that's a common misconception. Those overseas operations were actually handled by another agency and committee and not the KGB. "KGB" sounds cooler though, right?
    Half true.

GRU/KGB both ran overseas operations independent of each other, and were fierce rivals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The only place that would happen is in fantasy land. Dismantling of a business because they disagree with your political affiliation is not inherently a left wing thing. I'd say "sorry to burst your propaganda created bubble", but I imagine in your reply you will stay safely within it, demonizing liberals as cartoon villains without any logic or clear motivation behind the actions you accuse them of.
    You mean like you do to conservatives? Sucks when the shoes on the other foot doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    Obama gave trillions away to rich old white men and everyone still sucks his dick.
    Putin is alright in my book. At least he doesn't start wars in third world countries for oil.
    Don't know if that is true. Russia meddles as much if not more than the US. Everywhere the US is Russia is often on the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, when you live in a police state with no political or journalistic freedoms, and someone phones you and asks you for your opinion on the Glorious Leader, saying "I approve" really just means "screw off."

Well, it's not surprising. As Russian I can say that Russia is like US if there would be just Republican Party, all channels were Fox News and Tea Party reigned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omgodzilla View Post
    Well to be fair, the Russian economy was significantly worse before Putin came along. He's made mistakes and I certainly wouldn't want him as my country's leader but relatively speaking, he has improved the Russian economy immensely since initially coming to power. If you think Russia is a third world country now, you should've seen it in the 90s. That legacy probably has alot to do with why Putin is so popular. Apart from that, Russians have always wanted strongmen as their leaders. Its easy to say that they're all brainwashed by propaganda since Russia's the "bad guy" but I doubt the reality of the situation is as simple as that.
    He already does. Its called the CIA.
    He didn't improve economy immensely. There were no problems with USSR economy until oil prices dropped below 20$ in 80s. A couple of years after Putin became president prices went up to current level.
    If 2 things coincide, it doesn't meant one is the cause of another, Russian economy succes is more due to natural growth after 1998 crysis and oil prices. Yes, Putin began reforms but he stooped. And so that you didn't think that he is a miracle reforemer that set things right, for last several years Russian economy grown below rate world ecomony grows and capitals is being taken out of the country. If Russia economy was effective, those things wouldn't happen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Strongman rulers tend to be popular, for various reasons.
    Not that it always is smart, though.
    P.S.
    Crimea voted, yes, but when it was occupied by foreign armed forces.
    How very democratic.
    Crimea voted gladly. Not saying vote was legitimeate, but it's what majority of peple in Crimea think. Most Crimeans always identified themselves as Russians and last 20 years didn't really like being part of Ukraine. The thing is it was wishful thinking that Putin made a reality

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Don't know if that is true. Russia meddles as much if not more than the US. Everywhere the US is Russia is often on the other side.
    More than US? Really? Remind me please how many hundreds of thousans died last 10 years due to wars US started and wars Russia started.
    Time for reality check? What Russia does is saying and vetoing things in UN Security Council. What US does is saying and vetoing things in UN Security Council, supporting insurgency with arms, bombing and invading countries.
    Last edited by Orrin; 2014-09-04 at 07:43 AM.

Vladimir Putin: "I Can Take Kiev In Two Weeks If I Want"
    Vladimir Putin: "Don't mess with nuclear Russia"
    Vladimir Putin's top aide Vladislav Surkov : “The only things that interest me in the US are Tupac Shakur, Allen Ginsberg and Jackson Pollock. I don’t need a visa to access their work. I lose nothing.”

As an American I can understand dem nuclear feels. At the end of the day, Russia can do whatever it wants on that side of the hemisphere. Conquer it all (even Europe lol), thug life 4 life! But if Putin or Russia even steps foot on this side of the Mississippi River, they will indefinitely summon the spirit of 1776. The Hulk Hogan's and Suge Knights alike will always make sure to give you a 2nd place trophy! Yea 2nd place, always and 4 eva, my jigga's!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    More than US? Really? Remind me please how many hundreds of thousans died last 10 years due to wars US started and wars Russia started.
    Time for reality check? What Russia does is saying and vetoing things in UN Security Council. What US does is saying and vetoing things in UN Security Council, supporting insurgency with arms, bombing and invading countries.
    You really can't start to claim Russia has been a saint to the middle east. A lot of their meddling went about messing up the region before the US ever stuck their foot in Iraq or Afghanistan.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You really can't start to claim Russia has been a saint to the middle east. A lot of their meddling went about messing up the region before the US ever stuck their foot in Iraq or Afghanistan.
    What exactly? After Afganistan war that ended in 80s Russia did nothing. No regime overthrows, no revolutions. It was too weak for those kinds of things and all it did was trading with West outcasts like Libya, Iran and Syria and saying things in UN Security Council that contradict US position. Aside from Gerogian conflict and current Ukrane war Russia did nothing.

It's funny that you say that Russia even mattered in world affairs. You repeat Putin's propaganda that makes Russians boast about how 'our country is great and powerful' while it's not and incapable of anything serious beside a couple of conflicts on it's boreder that potentially could wreck it's economy. Last 20 years were about strong words anf feeble protests with no outcome, the only real thing were conflicts of 2008 and 2014. Russia was annoying and visible in news but didn't really matter at all
    Last edited by Orrin; 2014-09-04 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    It is part of a neighboring country wants to Russia and votes for this.
    Nope. Just the Russian minority there.
    Just take a gander at Crimea and how Russia has treated the minorities there after annexation, if you want to know how "Novorossiya's" future looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    Nope. Just the Russian minority there.
    Just take a gander at Crimea and how Russia has treated the minorities there after annexation, if you want to know how "Novorossiya's" future looks like.
    This 'Russian minority' is 58,5% of Crimea population according to last census.
    Novorossiya has no future, it's Putin's political gamble to pressure Ukrane, it will stay a part of Ukraine if nothing unforseen happens.

Putin is very popular. In the last election, the kremlin reported that 150% of voters voted for him.

Deleted
    funny fact about Russia:
    More people participate general election than this country has citizens. Sometimes even people who died couple a years ago still vote.

True Story

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, considering he is the one who turned Russia around and they don't have real better alternatives it's no surprise he is popular. But he is not immortal so one may wonder who will follow after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    You're correct. That agency was called GRU.

And if I am not mistaken, this was their emblem:
    Basically: The Batman Agency.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bazyk View Post
    funny fact about Russia:
    More people participate general election than this country has citizens. Sometimes even people who died couple a years ago still vote.

True Story
    Yeah, look here at the source of such claims:

It could be true, but doesnt change the fact that people in Russia like Putin. I like Putin and I live in Germany. Compared to Russia, Germany is a shithole filled with foreigners, especially Sinti & Roma. I recently drove a road down to a different town, it is a pretty long road. In 19 years living in Germany, I never saw prostitutes at 11.30 am in the morning. Not just one, but this whole ~10 km road was filled with ugly Sinti/Roma prostitutes sitting there and selling themselves.

The politicians are not only allowing them to keep it going, but also want to take even more refugees inside the country, like the Kurds from Syria or wherever ISIS is currently operating. I mind you, all this Sinti/Roma where expelled from every other EU countries - but not Germany... noooo...
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2014-09-04 at 11:20 AM.

Whole world is corrupt... And i can guarantee you the bad guys in the west is far worse then the bad guys in Russia.
    World aint run by politicians, but the ones that funded them

Personally i like Putin more then Obama...
    Putin stole a super bowl ring, thats pretty badass xD

"Hello, oh a super bowl ring, may i see it?" "Sure here you go mr. President" -turns around starts walking away while smiling & speaking Russian to compadrés.

Thats sorta how it went down xD the player didn't get his ring back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bazyk View Post
    funny fact about Russia:

True Story
    Fun fact about U.S.A like 50.000 people in Florida was not allowed to vote... All colored people... (2'nd bush election).

I think id prefer the russian way of cheating.

Besides, werent they pretty damn sure that the electronic count was / had been tampered with? (again 2'nd bush election)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact about U.S.A like 50.000 people in Florida was not allowed to vote... All colored people... (2'nd bush election).
    50 people is not that many 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    You're correct. That agency was called GRU.

And if I am not mistaken, this was their emblem:
    Yeah were they also not the same Agency that allegedly found Hitler's corpse, but refused to show it to the Allied or even KGB.

- - - Updated - - -

not sure if you have the highest corporate tax.
    I know that Denmark has one of the highest taxes around, not sure if that applies to Corporate aswell.
    But. "Outside the G20, the Danish government taxes workers at 60% on all earnings over $60,000. "

Also when we buy a car, lets say it costs 10.000$ we would have to pay for the car (the 10k) and pay additional 25000$ to the government for registration and fee and what not.... so 35k for a car that should cost 10k (it might be 25k in all, its been a long time since i heard/read/checked)

lol this is pretty impressive

"Honorable Mention United States in 1960:
    91% on income over $400,000
    Shockingly, the United States once had a top income tax rate of over 90% in the years after World War II. Given that the top tax rate today is under 40%, this historical rate represents an enormously different culture than prevails today. President Kennedy, a Democrat, campaigned on lowering this tax rate, and it would fall to 71% by 1970. But if we could travel back in time, we would see the USA at the top of this list!"

#1 Aruba: 58.95% on income over $171,149
    #2 Sweden: 56.6% on income over $85,841
    #3 Denmark: 55.38% on income over $70,633

Corporate tax its Japan > USA > UK.

But after Deductions in USA its 23% from 35% or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    50 people is not that many 0o
    well as i recall it was 50k in one area in Florida... And if its 50k in each state, that is QUITE ALOT...
    Even if it were only 50k, its still 50.000 legal citizens of USA who was not allowed to vote, EVEN THOUGH they went down there to do so?

Just read your reply again, seems you missunderstood me, its not 50, its "50k"... K = Thousands.

- - - Updated - - -
    Seems these Danish statistics contradict each other, i think the first is from before the last administration.
    Was a lowering of high income taxing not so long ago.
    Last edited by Johnkie; 2014-09-04 at 11:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course he's popular in russia, he's like Garrosh. He feeds messages of conquest and national pride to the people all while convincing them his actions are good for everyone, also while manipulating the media to make him appear greater then he is.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Well, considering he is the one who turned Russia around and they don't have real better alternatives it's no surprise he is popular
    He didn't turn Russia around, it's not a fact, it's a popular opinion of Russians. Just like that 'there's noone to replace him' which is Russian television refrain of last 10 years.