Thread: Soloing Ulduar

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Soloing Ulduar

Greetings forums! I've been trying to solo the flame Leviathan for the past hour and I just can't seem to do it. I'm an ilvl 492 prot warrior, and I spam the magic bombs at him until I'm out, then start slamming him with the regular artillery, but by the time he gets to me, he's only at ~70% health, then destroys my demolisher. It's getting kinda frustrating because I'm seeing videos of people soloing it back in cata at 85, but I can't quite put my finger on what I'm doing wrong. Help?
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Toggle it down to 10 man and try to leave a couple of seconds before each pyrite bomb to keep the dot running longer.

Unless you want something specifically off him on 25 man, if that's the case, try grabbing a friend in a second demo.

There used to be vehicle swapping methods and stuff, but they patched those so when you leave your vehicle he destroys them all, kinda removed most of the creativity and fun out of soloing him on hard modes/25 man, it may still be possible, but 10 man is the easier option.

Get into a Demolisher and spam Pyrite on him. It applies a DoT that stacks. Not sure what else to say I typically just spam it and he dies pretty quick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before the pull, put another demo inside the boss fight area, right at the distance where you can safely heroic leap to it after the boss destroys your first demo. You should get there and get inside before he basically one shots it. If you're not inside a demo, its health won't scale up (it scales with ilevel), so the demo will get wrecked instantly without a driver in it. Use up all your pyrite. Hopefully this should be enough. I don't know, haven't done this fight in a while. Equip your highest level gear while inside the demo, use two demos, and that should do it. If it doesn't...put it on normal I guess?
    Look! Words!

Not sure if they hotfixed it recently since I haven't played for a couple of months but I was doing it weekly hunting the legendary pieces

I'm assuming you're doing it on 10 man?

If so....what I did was parked a demolisher in one corner then went and got another one and went to the other corner with it...I'd then hit him for four or so pyrite shots before starting to drive towards the other demolisher - I'd reverse that was while hitting him occasionally with pyrite to stop the stacks from falling off

Sometimes I'd kill him just by doing this but most times I'd have to quickly get out and go to the other one and finish him off. I never had issues with him destroying the vehicles when I got out of my one

What sounds like your issue is you're spamming the pyrite rather than letting the damage ramp up more

For 10 man just grab a demolisher and save your pyrite, then at leviathan just use 1,1,2 and keep that rotation.
    That will kill him fast enough.

For 25 man You need at least 3 Demo's one in the bottom left corner one in the bottom middle and one in the bottom right corner put 2 choppers in between.

Then enter the left one spam pyrite, by the time you're pyrite is empty hop on the chopper and move to the next demo, rince and repeat,

That is how i did it.

Edit:
    If you activated hardmode then you need 2 siege vehicle in the middle to take aggro, you can switch to the gunners seat and back when you are targetted to reset aggro.
    And have to shoot some pyrite barrels down in advance to pick those up.

The important thing is to keep the pyrite stack up, for hardmode don't spam the pyrite but wait until the pyrite stack almost expires then reapply.
    Last edited by DandierSphinx; 2014-09-04 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just do the whole thing without a vehicle on ranged characters, but as you're melee use the demolisher and spam 1 after pressing 2 to get the debuff on the boss, keep it going like that. Also if you're in there for the 25 man stuff, just do leviathan on 10 man since you are able to switch between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsardion Vaergrim View Post
    Greetings forums! I've been trying to solo the flame Leviathan for the past hour and I just can't seem to do it. I'm an ilvl 492 prot warrior, and I spam the magic bombs at him until I'm out, then start slamming him with the regular artillery, but by the time he gets to me, he's only at ~70% health, then destroys my demolisher. It's getting kinda frustrating because I'm seeing videos of people soloing it back in cata at 85, but I can't quite put my finger on what I'm doing wrong. Help?
    you left all 4 towers up??
    the more towers u blow up before the boss... the easier he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    use 4 cars.

a siege engine to pull then move to a demolisher with a bike dont put the cars too close ,use pyrite stacks on the first one and then move to the other should be dead by then . thats how i do it every week

you can just shoot down a lot of pyrite, swap into the seat and pick up more of it when you run out. that is how I solo 25

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    There used to be vehicle swapping methods and stuff, but they patched those so when you leave your vehicle he destroys them all, kinda removed most of the creativity and fun out of soloing him on hard modes/25 man, it may still be possible, but 10 man is the easier option.
    When did they patch that? I used to always use that method when soloing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For 10man, it's no sweat, so I assume, it's 25man..

1: Clear all trash
    2: Engage boss and die.
    3: Position 3 Demolishers inside combat area roughly 30 yards apart.
    4: Enter a demolisher and spam pyrite 10 times.
    5: Exit demo and enter a new one and spam pyrite 10 times
    6: Exit demo and enter the last one. Spam pyrite 2-4 times and Flamy is dead...
    7: Profit..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulthar View Post
    you left all 4 towers up??
    the more towers u blow up before the boss... the easier he is.
    The towers only spawn if you talk to the wrong NPC, talk to Brann instead of the Stone dude and there are no towers to leave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rupprecht View Post
    When did they patch that? I used to always use that method when soloing it.
    I dunno, I just remember it used to work, then now as soon as I jump out of my Demo he instantly destroyed all other vehicles. Not been back for a while as 25 man solo (i tend to duo it with a friend for his fragments when i do go), so maybe I just fucked it up a bunch of times.

inb4 towers are up or inb4 spams pyrite continuously.

You will want to always renew pyrite when it's just about to run out, not sure about 10 man though, I doubt you'd even need a vehicle for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man no towers just spam pyrite and then throw cannonballs, he should die to the ticks.

Use more Demo's. In 10m I spam pyrite until empty then regular artillery and he doesn't reach me. In 25m he's usually half health with the same strat then when my demo is destroyed I run to the next Demo I have setup and kill him.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    If you not need 25 just do it 10 1 demo there is enough to destroy the boss on normal mode
    Also i experience that vehicle destryoing too trying to kill it 25 even swaping to other seat to pick up pyrite destroys mine Vehicle.For mine luck i`m hunter and have pet and lots of gear which allows me to finish him off

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I dont want to hi-jack the thread, but never did ulduar before, only started playing in 4.3. So how do I get past the trash leading to Flame? they seem to be never ending.... please forgive my noobness, just want to know. TY.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Ok so I dont want to hi-jack the thread, but never did ulduar before, only started playing in 4.3. So how do I get past the trash leading to Flame? they seem to be never ending.... please forgive my noobness, just want to know. TY.
    You have to destroy the towers that they come out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I'm in Ulduar right now, and as of half an hour ago 25-man was soloable.

10-man: Take demo, spam pyrite. FL10+0 will die before it reaches you.

25-man: Park one demo front and center facing left. Take second demo to front-left corner. Spam pyrite til about 7 stacks and then start using 2-3 normal shots in between the last few pyrites (my demo cannot survive long enough to pad the dot out to the maximum possible length, so I get the dot ticking as high as possible before I start to stall). Once you hit 10 stacks, exit demo, run to demo #2, spam pyrite to finish FL off. If you don't have some kind of movement boost to get there faster, park it closer to the first one's corner.

I do this every week on a 562 alt and I can get FL25+0 to about 20% from the first demo alone; it might be one-demoable at i585.