Gemming Leg. healer cloak and Gaze of Arrogance as disc

Do you go for the +60 int bonus or just gem +320 crit? Browsing through the armories of "top" disc priest, there doesn't seem to be a consensus. Are there any calculations on this based on BiS gear and average amount of abilites used in a SoO clear on healcalc?

I did that stat weights a while back, they were basically the same. For me, the +60 int bonus weighed slightly ahead of 320 crit due to how little spirit I had at the time and how long the fight lengths were.

Specifically this is for the Gaze of Arrogance.

As for the Cloak, it's pretty easy to figure out.

160 crit
    140 int

vs

320 crit

or in other words 160 crit vs 140 int. If you value crit at a 0.875:1 ratio to int or higher, then crit gemming is better.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-09-04 at 05:22 PM.

As gaze has a blue gem socket its not worth it as you dont need much spirit as disc and 60 int is is not enough to socket a green gem.

the cloak is like Larynx says, down to stat weights.

I know that crit is currently >0.5 for disc, with int being normalized to 1. I don't know on the exact weights though. Basically, the int gain from a hybrid gem + socket bonus needs to be at least more than half the crit loss from not going pure crit gem. In the case of +60 int in a single blue socket, you want to go the pure crit. That being said, healers are not dps and spirit is a very foggy concept when it comes to this kind of analysis, but unless you're already at minimal spirit and are maximizing your rapture/LMG/PW:Solace/HoH/Shadowfiend usage, then you probably don't need any extra spirit.

I personally gem crit in my cloak, but I don't think I did any careful thought around it at the time and simply haven't changed it. Like I said, I don't know the exact weights, but I'm fairly sure that crit isn't as high as 0.875, making the orange crit/int hybrid the better choice.

But irrespective of all this, while gemming does make a significant difference, as long as you're geming crit it doesn't matter much if you're going for the socket bonus or not, just as long as you're not listening to icy veins and geming spirit. The difference pure crit vs hybrid crit makes is as trivial as switching up professions (which is very trivial), it's not going to have any kind of noticeable affect on your performance.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Crit in my cloak and wep as of present.

I went ahead and assumed the difference would be trivial (it breaks about even.)

The difference is indeed trivial as long as you're going for crit in general, hybrid or no. I'd even go so far as to recommend whichever is just the cheapest for you - on my realm orange gems are typically almost double the cost of other gems .
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered