Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    http://i.imgur.com/JdjUGZO.jpg

120 runs in, no mount still.
    "Now, I am far too lazy to tell Blizzard this myself, so I want one of you peoples to mention this during one of their Q&A's."

Mimiron's Head.
    Across all of my characters, I have 153 Yogg-Saron kills so far. I have 30 fragments of val'anyr on two warriors, and 28 on my paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by deraged View Post

Jesus. That's like my warrior with shoulder tokens from Yogg. I haven't started farming that mount or the drake from Vortex Pinnacle, and now I'm reluctant to.
    hey

Quote Originally Posted by Allyosaugh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deraged View Post

Jesus. That's like my warrior with shoulder tokens from Yogg. I haven't started farming that mount or the drake from Vortex Pinnacle, and now I'm reluctant to.
    Maybe this will help. You can see how many attempts it took in the chat.

http://i2.minus.com/iqWb8Nqa18j04.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Archaeology claw...i refuse to buy it on the ah for 12k... been trying to get it from tol'vir since cataclysm...have everything else even the sandstone drake recipe..still no claw -.-'

10+ Year Old Account
    Going after Invincible and that ever-elusive heavenly onyx cloud serpent...

OH, and that friggin' headless horseman mount!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Pureblood Firehawk.... It was made for me. I must have it. And yet...

Deleted
    Invincible's Reins - 114 attempts, 68.20%
    Reins of the Jade Primordial Direhorn - 35 attempts, 76.04%
    Swift Zulian Panther - 100 attempts, 63.40%
    The Horseman's Reins - 170+ attempts, at least 57.35% probability

And these are the only ones that have a 50%+ probability of dropping by now. But I'm persistent and will not stop untill they drop!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alysrazor Mount: 77 Kills only on my Rogue. Been doing it for almost a year now with 4 chars. Saw it drop during my farm for the Caster Legendary.. didn't get it.
    Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds: Over 600 solves on 3 characters. Nothing.

Those two are the most annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Over 1000 kills on Rivendare since vanilla and no mount (and whats worse, no rare drop mount period), no Unborn Val'kyr despite at least 50 hours spent in Northrend both waiting for a spawn and flying the route to spawn spots and no Qiraiji mount nor crawling claw from Tol'Var despite a couple of hundred solves (but I did get the Fossil Raptor and pet, so there is that).
    I feel SO bad reading that since yesterday on my alt I was carelessly levelling in Howling Fjord, accidentally clicked a battle pet which turned out to be the Unborn Val'kyr.. I'm really, really sorry to hear you can't seem to get one and then I stumble upon it by dumb luck..

Deleted
    Vortex Pinnacle one

Got 2 Mimirons Heads within 40 kills and ALL other mounts in under +80 but that one is elusive bastard,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Over 1000 kills on Rivendare

Took me +50 kills account wide

The binding off of baron in MC. Been running it every week since late wotlk minus 1 year where i unsubbed. So Right about 4 years of running it. Got the eye on my very first run. ashes i finally got but it took about 170 kills. Stonecore one tho, in cata within the first 3 months i had it on FIVE different characters, i didn't even realize it was rare. Then account wide mounts came out and i felt bad for rolling on it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koini View Post
    Vortex Pinnacle one

Got 2 Mimirons Heads within 40 kills and ALL other mounts in under +80 but that one is elusive bastard,

- - - Updated - - -

Took me +50 kills account wide
    Thanks for making us all feel better Please tell us more.

There's three mounts that I really want to get my hands on: Ashes of Alar, Attumen's mount and the Headless Horseman's mount. I'd be happy with getting my hands on just one of the three and yet they haven't dropped once for me in the years that I've been playing. On the other hand I got both Brewfast mounts a couple of years ago despite having no interest in using them.

Ashes and Barons... ugh those 2 I farm weekly Baron's if I get really antsy I farm for hours before I look up a realize that woops, it's night and I've been in Strat WAY too long..

Seems to be all or nothing for me...

Vortex Pinnacle took north of 160 kills, what a nightmare
    Ony took about 150 kills.
    ZG panther, closing in on that number again
    Baron, same. about 150 kills, nothing.

Yet I got really lucky on a few, such as Alysrazor (6 kills) and the Blue Proto (some small number, ~15, but that was a long time ago now), and the ZG Raptor.

RNG is a funny thing. But man I'd like to never go into ZG again....

Edit: Ugh, as I'm typing this, I get Vyragosa spawning on top of me for at least the 8th time, with no one around.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2014-10-08 at 02:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been farming pets and mounts for a while now. I only need two more pets for both Raiding with Leashes achievements. I need the Ashstone Core for the first one and the Phoenix Hawk Hatchling for the second one. I got super lucky last week, though. Finally got the Coilfang Stalker from Vashj and the Tideskipper from Morogrim. Then I went and got the Lesser Voidcaller from Solarion. Maexxna took the longest to drop their pet. I got the Viscidus Globule after 2 runs. Most annoying boss to farm, easily.

Mount-wise, I'm farming Sethekk Halls every day on 2 90s. Was using 3 lower levels as well but it took too long on them, he kept entering his banished phase so gave up on those. Also farming Malygos for the Azure Drake, already got the Blue one. Add on Attumen, Onyxia and A'lar. Those are all my weekly runs. I've totaled just over 100 kills on Anzu on all characters. Probably going to give up once I get my Sky Golem...

Deleted
    Over 200 lk kills now. Got a 7th char I can solo with. Next week probably up to 12 (or whenever that old content level buff is implemented). I want my flying horsie!

Currently would have to be Mimiron's Head.
    During WotLK we had a guild order who would get it and what week. Essentially i would have been bound to get it for sure the week after it was changed to 1% drop.
    In the last week it was guaranteed drop there were 2 guys, myself and another who were given a chance to roll for it since it was the last week, i lost that roll by 1 point. Never seen the mount drop since and naturally cleared it nearly every lockout since.

Worst overall, spent 5,5 years missing only 2 lockouts in the entire time in Black Temple until i finally got both Warglaives.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2014-10-19 at 09:07 PM.

220 Pit of Saron clears.
    15000g in vendor trash
    14000+ Frostweave Cloth
    3 Battered Hilts

0 Super Simian Sphere

Deleted
    I am the Bane of my Farming
    Timeless is my Body and Unlucky is my Blood.
    I have slaughtered over a thousand Crab,
    Unknown to Death,
    Nor known to Life.
    Have withstood Disappointment to create many Coins
    Yet those Hands will never hold Crab Pet.
    So, as I Slay--
    Unlimited Crab Farming

Seriously, farming the crab pet / achieve criteria on timeless isle is horrific.