Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Buddhism the REAL religion of peace. I don't think I heard of any Buddhist terrorists, we should all convert to buddhism
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22356306

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glesganed View Post
    When Buddhist monks are turning nasty towards you then you have certainly done something very wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything this just shows that even the 'peaceful Buddhist' are fed up with Muslims.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Aww... im sad now

THATS IT

Im going start a new religion that doesn't promote violence ever to further our causes!! Anyone with me
    Did you look up Jainism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Imagine how much you have to piss off a Buddhist monk for him to reply with violence.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/sa...ermany-n196421

They probably pulled some similar shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I understand a lot of people feel this way but I still think it can be an equalizer. I'm not going to argue that the U.K. should allow all citizens to conceal carry, it's a different country with their own laws and rules I respect that. All I meant was that had the old woman been armed she might have had a higher chance of survival. For the record two of my aunties who live in Puerto Rico are both packing, they never leave the house without a gun. They are old (70s) but they are very good shots and they have told me countless times how much safer they feel having a gun then not. Especially in a place like Puerto Rico that has a very high violent crime rate.
    This is valid, and acceptable, since the situation/condition dictates the preparedness.
    Where the Sancho Pansa feeling comes to play is how difficult, and near impossible it is, to explain to Americans that there is no such need at all, if you have a lid on the situation. Americans need arms a lot more than Europeans, since they allowed the rather uncontrolled spread of firearms. That resulted in the as is situation where criminals are likely armed with them. There's a spiral going on...
    Criminal has firearm to commit crime.
    Citizen needs firearm to defend.
    Criminal gets hand on citizens firearm.
    Citizen needs another firearm better than the old one.
    Citizen with firearm turns criminal.
    Next citizen needs better firearm..
    And the wheel keeps spinning.. Out of control..
    Europe doesn't have such concern.. While it isn't impossible to run into an armed criminal, the chances therefore are a lot lower.
    All in all, it's safer over there across the pond.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    When Buddhist monks are turning nasty towards you then you have certainly done something very wrong.
    If anything this just shows that even the 'peaceful Buddhist' are fed up with Muslims.
    Did you read the article?

Tellingly, the violence began in a gold shop. The movements in both countries exploit a sense of economic grievance - a religious minority is used as the scapegoat for the frustrated aspirations of the majority.
    Remind you of anything.

Hell, Muslims attack Christians and Muslims are bad, Buddhists attack Muslims and Muslims brought it upon themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    It shows that Buddhists are as prone to mindless violence as any other religion.

The UK suffered at the hands of terrorists for decades, terrorism largely funded by citizens of the USA. These terrorist groups were made up of Christians of different denominations. If we are to brand Muslims as terrorists, why not Christians to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine that unbearable noise from the frantic shaking of those bells they always have....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Imagine that unbearable noise from the frantic shaking of those bells they always have....
    Cannot possibly be worse than morris dancers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christian crusaders, Islamist militants, or the leaders of "freedom-loving nations", all justify what they see as necessary violence in the name of a higher good. Buddhist rulers and monks have been no exception.
    Buddhist monks take part in a demonstration against the Organisation of the Islamic Conference in Rangoon, in October 2012

So, historically, Buddhism has been no more a religion of peace than Christianity.

One of the most famous kings in Sri Lankan history is Dutugamanu, whose unification of the island in the 2nd Century BC is related in an important chronicle, the Mahavamsa.

It says that he placed a Buddhist relic in his spear and took 500 monks with him along to war against a non-Buddhist king.

He destroyed his opponents. After the bloodshed, some enlightened ones consoled him that the slain "were like animals; you will make the Buddha's faith shine".
    But they are very peace loving.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Poor old woman and poor cat, seriously what sick idiot blames a cat for their problems -.-
    He didn't behead the cat because he blamed it but because he thought the cat is the only eyewitness so it must be done. Muslim/islam are so rudely offensive and dangerous culture/race for some reason. I'm so happy we don't have many of them in eastern europe - however we have other race problems like gipsy thieves and arab/russian mafia but they do not behead random people in the street just for some personal idealism. Thanks for Mother of God they're definitely way under the islam/muslim level of barbaric violence - at least for the ordinary citizen.

Yeah this notion that Buddhism is especially peaceful is really just a stereotype. People are violent under the right circumstances. Faith doesn't change that.

Wells is here. Shit just got real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cannot possibly be worse than morris dancers.
    not gonna lie, I had to google that..
    They look like a bunch of guys frantically trying to find and kick an imaginary football lol

10+ Year Old Account
    This discussion thread has really moved into a debate of Islam, Christianity, and Buddhism, which isn't allowed here.

Closing.