Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    They nerfed the ability for all casters to cast and move at the same time and reduced all the instant spells, yet they have not reduced the mobilty all the melee classes have atm.

All this is going to result in is Warrior, dk and healer comp being the best for 3's as casters will get completely wrecked.
    TRANSLATION ---------

I really enjoyed being overpowered this expansion and not having to worry about a single melee class. I really dislike that I won't be able to rely on poor balancing to win me arena matches because I lack the prerequisite skill to be half decent without exploiting poor mechanics.

git gud

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    Maybe because casters have 40 yards range and melee don't?
    40 yard range, for all of the 0.2 seconds it takes warriors to charge, or DKs to grip, or Enh/Ret to ranged attack, or Rogue/Ferals to open from stealth. Totally.

The real answer is so that everyone can be Warriors next expansion - after all - the expansion is called Warriors of Draenor
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    in vanilla warriors had mobility and still they got raped by rooting druids and frost mages easily
    you will just have to learn to play caster differently, like it was suppose to

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    in vanilla warriors had mobility and still they got raped by rooting druids and frost mages easily
    you will just have to learn to play caster differently, like it was suppose to
    In Vanilla competitive PvP didn't exist.

They nerfed the ability for all casters to cast and move at the same time and reduced all the instant spells, yet they have not reduced the mobilty all the melee classes have atm.

All this is going to result in is Warrior, dk and healer comp being the best for 3's as casters will get completely wrecked.
    So the opposite is fine, but when melee are good the sky is falling.

Deleted
    A silence will not help whatsoever against melee, hell they can already get out of the roots, warriors just lol at any fears I will use and a mind control involes me channeling it and not being able to do anything else.

Unless they haved nerfed all the slows melee have right now it is going to be extremely melee friendly come WOD.
    Seems like some people dont get the point of CC reduction.

And your problem seems more a long the way of QQ MA PRIEST DOESNT HAVE 500 CC's ANYMORE

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Melee rarely need to stop to cast, but have to remain in melee range of the target (ideally behind).

Ranged can stand anywhere, but need to stop to cast.

It's not perfect but that's how it works.
    Every melee class has tools that remove any ranged advantage. Charge, Death Grip, stealth and 90%-of-my-damage-is-ranged-anyway (rets, enh).

Over the years casters were getting more instants and cast on move... and to compensate that melee were getting more mobility, now that there is no more cast on move melee will dominate. For all of those who say that defend this melee dominance by saying that melee can't do dps if it's in range but caster can, that's the whole point. Melee is trying to stay in melee range where it is stronger than range in mobility helps a lot to stay in melee. Casters get wrecked if they stay in melee range, and with removal of cast on move it will be impossible to get away from melees.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Every melee class has tools that remove any ranged advantage. Charge, Death Grip, stealth and 90%-of-my-damage-is-ranged-anyway (rets, enh).
    I guess this is why melees dominate the arena leaderboards

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    40 yard range, for all of the 0.2 seconds it takes warriors to charge, or DKs to grip, or Enh/Ret to ranged attack, or Rogue/Ferals to open from stealth. Totally.

The real answer is so that everyone can be Warriors next expansion - after all - the expansion is called Warriors of Draenor
    Stay inside his deadzone.

If you don't think being unable to do any damage outside melee range is a massive disadvantage I encourage you to try to find a CM group on a Rogue some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Lets make the attack range of all melee 40 yards and they cannot move while attacking.

Lets then make the distance of all spells for priests/locks/hunters/mages,etc. 5 yards, and they can move while casting indefinitely.

Is that tradeoff worth it?
    are you guys autistic? we have cast times..lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faos View Post
    TRANSLATION ---------

I really enjoyed being overpowered this expansion and not having to worry about a single melee class. I really dislike that I won't be able to rely on poor balancing to win me arena matches because I lack the prerequisite skill to be half decent without exploiting poor mechanics.

git gud
    melee comps (and hunters, sure) owned most of this xpac out side of shatterplay and maybe LSD..so what are you talking about here man?

Cooldown (yes it's short, warriors are strong in PVP atm), cooldown, there's about a million ways to break stealth (unlike oh say, camo), and lol@90%.

Meanwhile a ranged's ability to kite is essentially permanent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    are you guys autistic? we have cast times..lol.

- - - Updated - - -

melee comps (and hunters, sure) owned most of this xpac out side of shatterplay and maybe LSD..so what are you talking about here man?
    Nah.. no. Nope

Is that why both 3's and RBG leaderboards have 1 melee spec and 9 ranged/healer specs?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Stay inside his deadzone.

If you don't think being unable to do any damage outside melee range is a massive disadvantage I encourage you to try to find a CM group on a Rogue some time.
    A rogue was in the world first gold CM team - and when I did my server first gold CMs, we had a rogue too (granted, he was my GM)? Challenge Modes are also a pretty far cry from competitive PvP - so it's an apples to oranges comparison to begin with.

Rogues were pretty great for CMs - they dealt high damage and burst, took very little damage, brought tons of CC, and brought Shroud of Concealment - which was unique to them and critical to skipping the worst packs in any given CM. I can't even think of a boss in CMs that required only ranged DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Is that why both 3's and RBG leaderboards have 1 melee spec and 9 ranged/healer specs?
    Really, you are taking end of expansion leaderboards, where last balance was done a year ago for smaller item level gear.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ret paladins are the hardest melee to keep snared, that explains why they're so dominant in every bracket...

Seriously though, it's a skill thing. Ranged have heaps of counters to melee. Ranged are more successful against other ranged. Warriors are the most OP class in live and they're melee. None of what makes them OP is related to them being melee. If you look at other melee, it's a laugh. Warriors are being hit with the nerf bat big time so I doubt they will be remotely as scary in WoD as they are now. Ranged will probably continue dominance.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

40 yard range, for all of the 0.2 seconds it takes Enh to ranged attack
    Yes, that melee that has to stand still to use ranged attacks as well and will do significantly less damage than a ranged and unable to heal without meleeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Currently in 3s, in both US and EU, Sub Rogues and Arms Warriors rank as some of the highest participation above 2800 (a statistically significant cut-off). At the start of the current season though, there was a couple months where all 10 of the top 10 EU teams were War/Ele/Rdruid. In 5.0, Warriors alone had over 36% of Gladiator+ rankings in NA - meaning that on average, every single Gladiator+ comp had a warrior on it - or for every Gladiator+ comp that did not have a warrior - another Gladiator+ 3v3 comp had at least 2 warriors on it. During the same half-season (5.0->5.1), BM hunters had nearly as high representation - which means there were entire gladiator+ comps at that time that consisted solely of some combination of arms warriors and bm hunters (2+1, or 3 of either).

It declined briefly in 5.1 when Stampede was fixed and Taste for Blood was removed - but because of that half-season alone, if you were already at high rating pretty much the entirety of gladiator titles when to warriors and bm hunters that season: it was free glad. In 5.2, we saw two melee do similar things to arena brackets - Blood DKs became the entirety of the 2v2 bracket (almost as bad as s5 Holy/Unholy again), and Thugcleave became the only 3v3 comp worth a damn: with almost as high a representation at warriors/hunters in 5.0.

Now, in the background of 5.1->5.4, Shatreeplay was also a capable comp - but as consistent as it was - and despite that Shatreeplays became the highest rated comps on many battlegroups - it was never the top comp by gladiator+ representation: even when it was OP, it was still overshadowed (by population amongst gladiators) by physical damage comps (KFC / Thugcleaves, etc).

The real takeaway of this is - when Casters think of Hunters, we count them as melee - and when melee think of Hunters - they count them as casters: but Hunters have been kind of broken all expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yes, that melee that has to stand still to use ranged attacks as well and will do significantly less damage than a ranged and unable to heal without meleeing.
    Stormblast
    Unleash Elements
    Frost Shock
    Ascendance
    Searing Totem
    Maelstrom Weapon

Tell me more about all this standing still that Enh has to do to ranged attack - they have more instant ranged attacks than any caster.

Deleted
    Currently in 3s, in both US and EU, Sub Rogues and Arms Warriors rank as some of the highest participation above 2800 (a statistically significant cut-off). At the start of the current season though, there was a couple months where all 10 of the top 10 EU teams were War/Ele/Rdruid. In 5.0, Warriors alone had over 36% of Gladiator+ rankings in NA - meaning that on average, every single Gladiator+ comp had a warrior on it - or for every Gladiator+ comp that did not have a warrior - another Gladiator+ 3v3 comp had at least 2 warriors on it. During the same half-season (5.0->5.1), BM hunters had nearly as high representation - which means there were entire gladiator+ comps at that time that consisted solely of some combination of arms warriors and bm hunters (2+1, or 3 of either).

It declined briefly in 5.1 when Stampede was fixed and Taste for Blood was removed - but because of that half-season alone, if you were already at high rating pretty much the entirety of gladiator titles when to warriors and bm hunters that season: it was free glad. In 5.2, we saw two melee do similar things to arena brackets - Blood DKs became the entirety of the 2v2 bracket (almost as bad as s5 Holy/Unholy again), and Thugcleave became the only 3v3 comp worth a damn: with almost as high a representation at warriors/hunters in 5.0.

Now, in the background of 5.1->5.4, Shatreeplay was also a capable comp - but as consistent as it was - and despite that Shatreeplays became the highest rated comps on many battlegroups - it was never the top comp by gladiator+ representation: even when it was OP, it was still overshadowed (by population amongst gladiators) by physical damage comps (KFC / Thugcleaves, etc).

The real takeaway of this is - when Casters think of Hunters, we count them as melee - and when melee think of Hunters - they count them as casters: but Hunters have been kind of broken all expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Stormblast
    Unleash Elements
    Frost Shock
    Ascendance
    Searing Totem
    Maelstrom Weapon

Tell me more about all this standing still that Enh has to do to ranged attack - they have more instant ranged attacks than any caster.
    People forget about class popularity when showing these things aswell.