Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because melee is suppose to have movement as their strong suit, that's what they're aiming for with WoD last I heard.

    Also ranged isn't countered as much by roots and snares, they can still do things at least. Melee can't.
    Have you actually played PvP? Obviously not. Go try it. If you're a caster you are going to get mulched if a melee snares you and you try to mash your little PvE damage rotation because that warrior is going to charge you stun you and then bladestorm you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Here's what's going to happen about two months into Warlords.

    1. Caster damage and CC receives significant buffs
    2. Melee damage is nerfed hard
    3. Quite a few spell changes will be reverted

    Conclusion. Blizzard doesn't balance PvP in Beta intentionally because they're too concerned with polishing PvE aspects because Blizzard is lame.
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

  2. #262
    Moderator Blithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,002
    It's really just Feral being able to do anything they want when it comes to snares and roots that bothers me. I'm surprised they haven't gotten rid of the "shape-shift out of roots and snares" yet, it's very strong, especially in a meta where casters have to cast. Increase the mana cost or something, make it detrimental for them to shape-shift out of everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    If you just love being that guy that purposely, or accidentally carries out the action of "letting them win", roll a shaman, and get a FREE vacation to the Ashran Graveyard with scenic tombstones and a magnificent sunset view of your faction hiding in the bubble as DKS, hunters and Treesus Christ roflstomp your base, and all you have to do is call this number!
    SHA-MAN-SUCK (742-626-7825)

  3. #263
    "because that warrior is going to charge you stun you and then bladestorm you."

    Then you'll blink because you're a mage (or a druid), making bladestorm obsolete since the day it was added.

    If you're a wlock or a shadowpriest then indeed, tough luck. Warriors are -meant- to counter you. Warlocks in particular have honestly been ridiculous this entire expansion so it's about bloody time they're brought back into line from being literally the best class in the game.

  4. #264
    I think the main thing people are forgetting in this thread is that you have teammates. You and your teammates should probably take off your tunnel vision goggles and actually help each other. Just because you don't have an ability to deal with every single situation doesn't make your spec or class unviable.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    "because that warrior is going to charge you stun you and then bladestorm you."

    Then you'll blink because you're a mage (or a druid), making bladestorm obsolete since the day it was added.

    If you're a wlock or a shadowpriest then indeed, tough luck. Warriors are -meant- to counter you. Warlocks in particular have honestly been ridiculous this entire expansion so it's about bloody time they're brought back into line from being literally the best class in the game.
    As a warlock you just port out, no reason at all why you wouldn't have a portal up for yourself :P

    I wouldn't say the best class in the game, they are strong yeah, but they have always been strong if you can play them. They just made warlocks VERY easy to play in MoP but it's still the least played class in the game. No way "the best class in the game" is the least played class.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    You're wrong about warriors and then you're wrong again bunching them with rogues and ferals. Save your smartass comments when what you write is actually correct and accurate.
    I'm not sure what the debate is about. ALL the melee has HUGE uptime on everything but Mages/Hunters. Mysteriously, only Warriors got nerfed, via Safeguard. They all needed to be toned down, but it didn't happen. I actually tweeted Holinka and asked him: Hey dude, what's going on with Melee? Are they having problems in Ashran or something?

    Holinka replied: We get complaints all the time melee are struggling in Ashran.

    Ignoring the fact the Ashran is only part of PvP in WoD, you'd think maybe they'd buff melee survivability and tone down MOBILITY. But the opposite was true; mostly again for PvE reasons. The verdict?

    Play melee in WoD if your a pvper. Ranged; this patch is not for you.

  7. #267
    Epic! Anium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Mysteriously, only Warriors got nerfed, via Safeguard. They all needed to be toned down, but it didn't happen.
    ...and charge...and heroic leap
    Last edited by Anium; 2014-09-24 at 09:39 AM.

  8. #268
    No way "the best class in the game" is the least played class.
    Well they're nerfing tanks in spite of tanks still being the least played role in the game.

    Numbers aren't everything!

  9. #269
    Bloodsail Admiral Ashtwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Fareham, England
    Posts
    1,009
    From a Warrior point of view they're just trying to make the class as boring as humanly possible so no-one plays it anyway.


    On topic however, they have nerfed melee mobility, I can only speak for Warrior but;

    - Can't break roots with intervene any more
    - Heroic Leap glyph that reduces the CD also reduces the range by 20 yards (this one is hilarious)
    - Charge is now a root, so if you have a freedom it's basically impossible to get on you without a stun
    - Can't spec into Stormbolt AND Shockwave like we can currently.

    I don't see an issue, to be honest?

  10. #270
    In all fairness shockwave belongs to prot, not arms or fury. Same as Bladestorm belongs with arms. I honestly don't understand peoples' problem with charge stun though, it's been there from day 1 and never been an issue.

    At this point I'd honestly be happier if they changed charge to be like the one on wlock demon pet - no stun, but gives you a 1-2 second 70% sprint (and possibly freedom?) to catch up.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    In all fairness shockwave belongs to prot, not arms or fury. Same as Bladestorm belongs with arms. I honestly don't understand peoples' problem with charge stun though, it's been there from day 1 and never been an issue.

    At this point I'd honestly be happier if they changed charge to be like the one on wlock demon pet - no stun, but gives you a 1-2 second 70% sprint (and possibly freedom?) to catch up.
    I think it comes down to that they can get away from you and charge back without the stun DRing. Warriors never had access to the likes of banners to intervene to, HC leap away and charge in again etc. Couple that with a Stormbolt, Shockwave then a fear on top and you are starting to enter insane CC amounts from just one class, all the while hitting you quite damn hard.

    I think that is why they are making it like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I can only speak for Warrior but;

    - Can't break roots with intervene any more
    - Heroic Leap glyph that reduces the CD also reduces the range by 20 yards (this one is hilarious)
    - Charge is now a root, so if you have a freedom it's basically impossible to get on you without a stun
    - Can't spec into Stormbolt AND Shockwave like we can currently.
    I think they need to do this for all melee in this expansion or PvP will fail badly, with ranged not being able to cast on the move they will need a breather to get casts off to heal or deal damage, but at the same time making sure melee actually get a chance to stay on the target for a while to create pressure of their own. But from beta this is no where near happening yet, melee have ridiculous uptime on ranged and with interupts not DRing either you currently really struggle to cast at all.

  12. #272
    I think nerfing all the ranged but leaving huntards with absolutely 0 disadvantage is just as ridiculous. They need to put the deadzone back or something.

  13. #273
    Epic! Anium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    From a Warrior point of view they're just trying to make the class as boring as humanly possible so no-one plays it anyway.


    On topic however, they have nerfed melee mobility, I can only speak for Warrior but;

    - Can't break roots with intervene any more
    - Heroic Leap glyph that reduces the CD also reduces the range by 20 yards (this one is hilarious)
    - Charge is now a root, so if you have a freedom it's basically impossible to get on you without a stun
    - Can't spec into Stormbolt AND Shockwave like we can currently.

    I don't see an issue, to be honest?
    I can't tell you how many times I've saved arena with 3 man shockwaves followed up with a dr storm bolt, sigh.

    But tbh, i'm not even salty about same tier stuns, makes sense. I just wish they would leave our charge alone, imagine the uproar if they altered blink and just made you speed up, HOLY SHIT. i don't even want to imagine the qq, really bums me out. and the heroic leap distant is gargabe, can't even get out of range to charge for goodness sake.

  14. #274
    Feral mobility is probably the biggest outlier. An earlier poster had it spot on by saying that shapeshifting out of roots/snares has really no detriment when the mana cost is negligible.
    El Salvador, The Crescent Plague: Warlock
    Araual: Draenai Mage
    Currently semi-retired from WoW in anticipation of Warlords and using the downtime to obsess over Avalon: The Legend Lives

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneo View Post
    Have you actually played PvP? Obviously not. Go try it. If you're a caster you are going to get mulched if a melee snares you and you try to mash your little PvE damage rotation because that warrior is going to charge you stun you and then bladestorm you.
    and fear your pet and reflect your cc/dots.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •