Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They are "supposed" to be equal, but obviously are not for the reasons Jocias stated.

I would be 100% OK with them intentionally buffing 2H to be slightly (1-2%) better for both gearing and aesthetic reasons. It took me much longer to get 2 heroic 1hds compared to one heroic 2hd. Plus, it would save money on enchants!

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    I never said that they would inbalance them, in fact i said they never would, and i didn't even bring up wep encs in the post you quoted...

They would NEVER make one stronger than the other on purpose they will keep them balance, enc's a side wep's same ilvl DW will always beat out 2H. Only way 2H would pull ahead is if the weapon is a lot better.

It is how the game works , why do you think every spec that can only use a 2H has some form of +% damage passive, its the only way they can keep up with their DW counterparts of the same class. Arms vs Fury, DW Frost vs 2H Frost.

A WW would want to DW because of Tiger Strikes, DW has faster and more often AA making it proc it more and maintaining a higher up-time than a 2H would.
    You're missing the point.

Here's what you're saying:

1. Blizzard tries to balance 2H and DW perfectly, so that DPS is not affected by what weapon type you use.
    2. DW will always be better than 2H.

Do you not see how this is wholly inconsistent? You state both of these as if they are always true.

DW is better right now. Thus, 2H needs a buff to be balanced. It's possible that in making this buff, Blizzard will overcompensate and make 2H better. It has happened before with DKs. It was also true for Enh Shamans at one point. It is possible.

And that detail is incredibly important. You're stating that DW must always come out ahead. That's not a true statement. The OP asked which will be better, and your answer to him (indirectly maybe, I don't know if you quoted him but you're in his thread) is that DW is always better. That's wrong. You shouldn't be telling people that DW is always better than 2H because in the very possible event 2H is better, he doesn't believe it because he *knows* DW is always better.

The fact that DW is better right now isn't relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    You're missing the point.

Here's what you're saying:

1. Blizzard tries to balance 2H and DW perfectly, so that DPS is not affected by what weapon type you use.
    2. DW will always be better than 2H.

Do you not see how this is wholly inconsistent? You state both of these as if they are always true.

DW is better right now. Thus, 2H needs a buff to be balanced. It's possible that in making this buff, Blizzard will overcompensate and make 2H better. It has happened before with DKs. It was also true for Enh Shamans at one point. It is possible.

And that detail is incredibly important. You're stating that DW must always come out ahead. That's not a true statement. The OP asked which will be better, and your answer to him (indirectly maybe, I don't know if you quoted him but you're in his thread) is that DW is always better. That's wrong. You shouldn't be telling people that DW is always better than 2H because in the very possible event 2H is better, he doesn't believe it because he *knows* DW is always better.

The fact that DW is better right now isn't relevant.

Your missing my point so lets try this...

If DW and 2H were PERFECTLY balanced and you had SAME ilvl weps(so using a special attack with either would do the EXACT same damage), DW would STILL pull ahead because of how combat mechanics handles DW vs 2H, you take into account double encs, plus Tiger Strikes(even only counting attacks that land DW at the end of a 5min fight will have more AA connect than 2H, making a higher up time on Tiger Strikes) and it's even better than 2H.

What it comes down to is, when they are done tuning it will be mathed out just like MoP DW vs 2H with regards to weps and when Ilvl makes the other better than what you currently have equipped.

So according to you the OP would DW grey weps because i said DW was better rather than using an Epic 2H.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2014-09-19 at 05:19 PM.

If DW and 2H were PERFECTLY balanced and you had SAME ilvl weps(so using a special attack with either would do the EXACT same damage), DW would STILL pull ahead because of how combat mechanics handles DW vs 2H, you take into account double encs, plus Tiger Strikes(even only counting attacks that land DW at the end of a 5min fight will have more AA connect than 2H, making a higher up time on Tiger Strikes) and it's even better than 2H.

What it comes down to is, when they are done tuning it will be mathed out just like MoP DW vs 2H with regards to weps and when Ilvl makes the other better than what you currently have equipped.

So according to you the OP would DW grey weps because i said DW was better rather than using an Epic 2H.
    My brain... it hurts... make it stop please!

Let's keep things constructive. Stop the hyperbole, flaming, and spam.

Okay.....lets try this. Why can't they balance then so that at same ilvl weapons 2H pulls out ahead but when you double enchant duel wield then come close to being even. So blizzard is taking into account "hey people will prolly enchant both weapons we should balance around that". And before you say tiger strikes also they could make 2H have a more chance to proc them to even out the difference but still making it balanced with duel wield. only like a 1%-3% dps difference would be ideal

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since my longer post got cut when my iPad froze;
    Can they balance it perfectly? Yes, it can be done but would require regular tweaking. Would it be easier to balance them within a certain margin? Absolutely. They have the ability, but it's not efficient in a time/reward way. I certainly would prefer they Ir on the side of 2H being best but everyone will have different opinions on that.

Let's try to keep the discussion to which is currently looking to be best in WoD rather than a fruitless back and forth about whether Blizzard has the capability to balance it.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch