Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. Thanks guys.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted
    Nagash is love.
    Nagash is life. (Or death rather.)

Gaunts ghosts is great; as are any Eldar centric novels.

Space Marines are so over the top it isn't even funny. Especially Grey Knights and Wolves.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you like Warhammer Fantasy and elves, try Guardians of the Forest, Defenders of Ulthuan and its sequel, Sons of Ellyrion (I've only read the first two); Guardians is amazing. There are also the Gotrek and Felix books by William King, but - and this is just me - the way it's written kinda throws me off.

Also, going by the Black Library website, it looks like Games Workshop is closing out the Warhammer Fantasy series by introducing the End Times arc. Does anyone know if the story will continue afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    If you like Warhammer Fantasy and elves, try Guardians of the Forest, Defenders of Ulthuan and its sequel, Sons of Ellyrion (I've only read the first two); Guardians is amazing. There are also the Gotrek and Felix books by William King, but - and this is just me - the way it's written kinda throws me off.

Also, going by the Black Library website, it looks like Games Workshop is closing out the Warhammer Fantasy series by introducing the End Times arc. Does anyone know if the story will continue afterwards?
    Didn't we already have the End Times with Archaon? If I remember correctly nu-Sigmar died, the Orcs won, everyone agreed it was a bloody good fight and life went back to normal (i.e. Chaos and death everywhere).

The Soul Hunter series is amazing. The Night Lords are the most badass legion to exist.

Space Wolf isn't bad either. Both of those are definitely worth checking out. The Horus Heresy series, too, as others have said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Didn't we already have the End Times with Archaon? If I remember correctly nu-Sigmar died, the Orcs won, everyone agreed it was a bloody good fight and life went back to normal (i.e. Chaos and death everywhere).
    Storm of Chaos and Archeon was defeated by Valten- Sigmar Reborn.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Storm of Chaos and Archeon was defeated by Valten- Sigmar Reborn.
    'twas Grimgor Ironhide who put down the foul Lord of the End-Times.

'twas Grimgor Ironhide who put down the foul Lord of the End-Times.
    Skaven killed Valten after the fact.

Wasnt much of a lord of the end times.

Skaven killed Valten after the fact.

Wasnt much of a lord of the end times.
    "Orks are strongest there is!"

"Orks are strongest there is!"
    Idk, Sigmar was pretty strong too.

Would recommend the Sigmar trilogy .

Idk, Sigmar was pretty strong too.

Would recommend the Sigmar trilogy .
    I don't like it, completely shatters my illusion that Sigmar was the 2nd or 11th Primarch :-(

I don't like it, completely shatters my illusion that Sigmar was the 2nd or 11th Primarch :-(
    Lol , i liked that idea too.

But alas both are dead and only the Emperor knows why.

Lol , i liked that idea too.

But alas both are dead and only the Emperor knows why.
    The Emperor and goodness knows how many others who keep dropping infuriating hints that we know will never, ever be confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grabbed everything from Gaunt's Ghosts, so I should be engaged for a good amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Grabbed everything from Gaunt's Ghosts, so I should be engaged for a good amount of time.
    I read a couple but Imperial Guard didnt really interest me, did love the Commissar Cain series.

Deleted
    Like others have said the Word Bearer's Trilogy is great, just finished reading yesterday, In my opinion 90% of the Black library books are good I've had to recently get rid of my ocllectiosngetting near to about 70/80 books because of space But thanks to my tablet I can have any I want yay

Show me Ork novel/comicbook or give me death!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Show me Ork novel/comicbook or give me death!
    May as well ask for a 'nids book to

Deleted
    Eat, sleep, rave, repeat sounds apropriate.

I can see an Ork series being a lighthearted, over-the-top action thriller featuring liberal use of sunglasses, 'Xplosions, motorcycles, reckless driving, vehicle collisions, brawling, insane combat maneuvers, and... Orks jumping out of dropships several thousand feet above the ground [Without parachutes]; drinking beer while they fall and determinstic roars louder than Mel Gibson, screaming "Waaagh!!!"