Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Ravenor answers some questions, poses more though. As for whether he becomes another Quixos, there's a reason the last trilogy is called Eisenhorn vs Ravenor.

When is it slated to come out?

Deleted
    First book, Pariah, is already out, no one knows when the next one is coming out though, don't even think we have year/month yet. Wouldn't expect it this year, Abnetts got a tonne of work on atm, and the epilepsy diagnosis has slowed him down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If it helps the Sabbat Crusade started in 755.M41 according to 5th edition Imperial Guard Codex.
    Only date I could find in the Inquisitor book said that Eisenhorn fought Quixos "several centuries" before 657.M41, so there are 4 or 5 centuries between the start of Eisenhorn and the start of Gaunt's Ghosts.
    I just remembered one of the characters in Ravenor is present at the First War for Armageddon in 444.M41, I'm guessing at least a couple of decades must have passed between the end of the Ravenor trilogy and the start of that event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    First book, Pariah, is already out, no one knows when the next one is coming out though, don't even think we have year/month yet. Wouldn't expect it this year, Abnetts got a tonne of work on atm, and the epilepsy diagnosis has slowed him down as well.
    I bet Marvel's taking a lot of his time with Guardians of the Galaxy.

If anyone likes Space Wolves (btw everyone likes Space Wolves, you just might not know it yet) i recommend the following;

A Thousand Sons (Graham McNeil) and Prospero Burns (Dan Abnett) - a mini-arc in the Horus Heresy series that explores the Thousand Sons and Space Wolves Legions and the animosity between them.

Battle for the Fang (Chris Wraight) - a one-shot that follows up the Space Wolves/Thousand Son's feud a couple of millenia after the heresy (so 8,000 years before "current" 40k). The strength of this novel seems to have got Wraight the contemporary Space Wolves series as well as the Scars novel in the HH series.

The Emperor's Gift (Aaron Dembski-Bowden) - thisbookistotallyfuckingawesome!! Space Wolves, Grey Knights, the First War for Armageddon, the Months of Shame that follow, slight spoiler for the Ravenor series.

Deleted
    I bet Marvel's taking a lot of his time with Guardians of the Galaxy
    That's my bet as well, he also has his own standalone fiction that he's supposed to be carrying on with at some point, and i'm not sure how the contract works for the Heresy, but I know he likes to churn out atleast one of those every 2 years or so, same with Gaunts Ghosts. He was also one of the writers on Alien Isolation, so that'll have taken up a chunk of his time.

As much as i'd love him to focus solely on 40k, the dudes in popular demand atm.

I just started reading Legacies of Betrayal (a Horus Heresy anthology) and holy shit the first story Brotherhood of the Storm is amazing.

Chris Wraight has always been a shoe-in with me since he took over the Space Wolves, but I was a bit wary of him taking on the White Scars. One of my main problems with Savage Scars (apart from it being dreadful) is how Andy Hoare made them feel like cheap Space Wolves. In Scars and this short Wraight makes them seem ivery unique and even has them expressing disapproval at comparison with the Wolves.

Deleted
    I haven't picked up Legacies yet, and doubt I will for a while, i've read every story in it already (most of them are short stories either published as ebooks or came out in the BL Weekender books), probably pick it up if I see it on sale, just to consolodate my collection a bit. Butchers Nails and Lone Wolf stand out as 2 of my favourites from that collection. That said though, I hope they do another one of these at some point, because just looking at the BL HH page there's a ton of short stories that I haven't read now they seem to have gone ebook mad, be nice to get those all collected into a single volume.

And yeah your right about Chris Wraight, it's good to have another rock solid author in the HH club, gives ADB, Abnett and McNeill a breather, i'm hoping that with him doing the short story Daemonology (Mortation after being beaten by Jaghatai at the end of Scars finally gives in and starts to learn everything there is to know about Chaos) that he'll get control of the Death Guard, and we can finally get some kick ass Death Guard action, i'd even hope to see a novel set slightly before the Heresy, if only to flesh out the awesome characters we saw in Flight of the Eisenstein. I still have high hopes for David Annandale even if Damnation of Pythos was a bit poor, but I don't really blame him for that, the source material he was working with didn't really have a lot going with it, but the actual writing itself was fantastic.

I think I've read through about half of the stories in Legacies already including Butcher's Nails (and dammit we need more Kharn, hopefully they carry on after the Siege of Terra so we get to see the events on Skalathrax).

There's a lot I really liked in Damnation of Pythos. Annandale's handling of the Iron Warriors is superb (and hopefully something we'll see more of) and I really liked the bleak sense of hopelessness he gave the story. Particularly effective is the fact we the audience could see the Chaos stuff going down whilst the characters were mostly oblivious (Fire Caste by Peter Fehervari is like Apocalypse Now with a very similar feel and well recommended).

What let it down was the fact it's another "meanwhile, away from the plot..." Heresy book. I've nothing against the scattered survivors of Istvaan but I'd rather see what the Primarchs and Emperor are up to.

Mind you the previous 4 or 5 books did give a bit of a primarch overload (especially Unremembered Empire), but Vengeful Spirit was supposed to herald the series focusing more on what Horus is up to.

Deleted
    Imperial Truth anthology released today, the book from the 2012 Black Library weekender. Not a must read, i'd only buy it if you insist on filling out your collection. Lord of the Red Sands is the best story in there (unashamed Angron fanboy).

Anyone read the Warhammer Fantasy books? (Not gonna create a separate thread for what is basically the same series). Any recommended ones? Is it even high quality? What should I expect? Etc, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Anyone read the Warhammer Fantasy books? (Not gonna create a separate thread for what is basically the same series). Any recommended ones? Is it even high quality? What should I expect? Etc, etc
    Gotrek and Felix is a pretty good series to start off with. It starts off fairly light as the first two books are compilations of short stories that were published in White Dwarf; Trollslayer is mostly stand-alone tales whilst Skavenslayer has a more solid story arc. The series really gets going with Daemonslayer and gives a great tour of the Warhammer World. The final book (that I haven't got around to reading yet) ties in to the End Times.

On the final chapter of Ravenor Rogue...

This whole saga probably constitutes one of best - if not the best - fluff novels I've ever ever read so far.

Can't wait for the third trilogy!