Season Character Bank Merge Concern

If I have read correctly, when the season ends your seasonal character's bank contents (as well as gold, paragon levels, achievements, etc) will be merged with your main non-season characters.

Well, my main bank tabs are about 95% filled and I anticipate collecting a bunch of stuff on my season characters. How is this going to work?

It gets mailed to you
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Diablo destroyed all mailboxes in Diablo2.

And my mailman is a zombie.

It's going to work like this:

Season ends, all peoples stuff gets mailed to them, they open it and see that storing all this useless crap within 30 days is impossible so they head over to the D3 forums and start crying "we need more storage" meanwhile 99% of the stuff they have can be salvaged because it will sit in their stash and never be used ever

There are a couple viable builds per class, which means collecting all those sets doesn't take up 175? slots and the fact that most legendaries drop constantly, there are only a handful of super rare items and you don't need duplicates of those

Technically builds are gear dependent. And finding one excellent piece of gear can make four others in your stash a lot more viable. Also, I currently have three normal level 70 characters (DH, Barb, Wizard) and they all require different gear. Add in jewels (at least last four levels of each), crafting materials, legendary gems, and rift keys. So yeah 175 slots is a little tight.

Edit: You are right that I can clean out a few things that will never be needed. But not enough to make room for any seasonal equipment I gather
    Last edited by Redwyrm; 2014-09-05 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Technically builds are gear dependent. And finding one excellent piece of gear can make four others in your stash a lot more viable. Also, I currently have three normal level 70 characters (DH, Barb, Wizard) and they all require different gear. Add in jewels (at least last four levels of each), crafting materials, legendary gems, and rift keys. So yeah 175 slots is a little tight.

Edit: You are right that I can clean out a few things that will never be needed. But not enough to make room for any seasonal equipment I gather
    Make bank alts to store the stuff on until you clean out your crap, or store said crap currently in stash on bank alts, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Make bank alts to store the stuff on until you clean out your crap, or store said crap currently in stash on bank alts, problem solved.
    Hue hue, bank alts in limited character enviroment.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Hue hue, bank alts in limited character enviroment.
    Well tbh, how many characters do you need? 12 at most if you play each class in SC and HC. And still you most likely won't actively play them all. '

Making multiple classes of the same isn't really a good idea since they are the same anyway, you can just transfer gear from the geared one and you still have the same Paragon points, that is unless you want to "name change" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Well tbh, how many characters do you need? 12 at most if you play each class in SC and HC. And still you most likely won't actively play them all. '

Making multiple classes of the same isn't really a good idea since they are the same anyway, you can just transfer gear from the geared one and you still have the same Paragon points, that is unless you want to "name change" lol.
    I had 13 characters before season started so eh. Certainly more than the character limit allows.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I had 13 characters before season started so eh. Certainly more than the character limit allows.
    RoS collectors edition allowed some extra char space.

but how would you do it with the space if it was a non season char? you would still run out of bank space.

I do periodical cleanup. If an item hasn't been used for some time, it's a shard. Only need for collecting items are skins (for me), and they don't need the actual item stashed away.

Starting season with a clean stash made me realize how chaotic is my non-season one
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it's true that you probably won't use 90% of what's in your stash, I still keep it packed with things because I'm always trying new builds and theorycrafting. Multiple times I've thought of something that might work and went into my stash to find the gear for it. This is why in my opinion every character needs a personal bank the size of the current stash. There's no reason whatsoever not to have extra space to collect certain gear for different builds. It makes the game fun. I never understood why games like this limit space so much. Makes absolutely no sense to me. I currently have a build in mind that I believe will be the end end game barb build, when you have near perfect gear/rolls. In fact the guy that just got the number 1 greater rift spot happens to be a variation of it, which is cool, because it's the first I've seen.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    While it's true that you probably won't use 90% of what's in your stash, I still keep it packed with things because I'm always trying new builds and theorycrafting. Multiple times I've thought of something that might work and went into my stash to find the gear for it. This is why in my opinion every character needs a personal bank the size of the current stash. There's no reason whatsoever not to have extra space to collect certain gear for different builds. It makes the game fun. I never understood why games like this limit space so much. Makes absolutely no sense to me. I currently have a build in mind that I believe will be the end end game barb build, when you have near perfect gear/rolls. In fact the guy that just got the number 1 greater rift spot happens to be a variation of it, which is cool, because it's the first I've seen.
    It's cheaper for Blizzard. That space would cost them some pennies and that's unacceptable! The joys of online only gaming.

If the "it gets mailed to you" is true, that's very nice.

mail is pretty nice. The PoE way would be better though. You get a bunch of "Remove Only" Stash Tabs. So that way you can still leave the stuff in your stash until ready to use.

What about HC? I don't want to get rid of a really good piece of gear in case I die, but I'm going to be forced to?

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    What about HC? I don't want to get rid of a really good piece of gear in case I die, but I'm going to be forced to?
    Only the equipped items will be lost on hc (if you die that is), all the stash gear will transfer.