Fastest path for a fresh 90 to get decently geared?

It's something that I've been curious about lately. I haven't played this expansion at all, so while I probably won't understand some things, I can look it up if it's to difficult to explain.

By "decently geared", I simply mean getting from level 90 in questing greens/blues to maybe SoO LFR geared or somewhere around there.

And please, don't tell me to boost or something like that.

Run around Timeless isle for an infinite ammount of time untill you get 496. And enough burdens to get yourself to 500.

Or run ToT
    Beta club member

find a friend and spam 2s

Deleted
    Like above poster, pvp. The conquest gear is the best gear you can obtain before SoO normal, apart from trinkets and possibly set bonuses. But the pvp gear doesn't loose any PvE stats just because it has pvp power, it's just an extra.

Yeah if you google "Wow gearing 5.4" you will get about a million solid guides.

Second Djjoe's thing. It's all about the PVP gear. If you're phenomenally lucky, enough will drop off of Ordos and Celestials to ilvl your way into a flex pug. You don't really need experience or skill, just the number for that.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    find a friend and spam 2s
    This absolutely. Easy ilvl 550 gear. Not sure how long it's been since you've played but PvP gear is equivalent to PvE gear of the same item level now.

As others have said. PVP gear. The difference between pvp gear and pve gear, besides some stat allotments (less hit/expertise) is gem slots. PVE gear has a few more sockets. Also, set bonuses are geared toward better dps in PVE gear.

Get the 550 set by buying 2v2 carries or find a friend to trade carries with if you've got a geared character.

For me, depending on the gear level of the character, I pay about 200-400g per win. I usually get weapons + a couple of pieces of PVP gear for 10k which when you consider how much gear normally would cost if it were BoE, that's a friggen steal.

Also, do the Legendary Cloak quest and as you start to get more pieces of gear (Use 2/3 tokens on Ordos and Celestials each week) put stuff like the legendary meta in PvE gear (preferable the Warforged piece from Ordos).

Most of my toons are around the 550 mark with fairly casual play. TBH, with most of my toons, the hardest thing each week seems to be taking the time to VP cap for item upgrades and I seem to constantly be a few pieces behind on that each week.

Back to PVP gear, you need 7k-7500 conquest for weapons which cost 3500 then for the rest you can get like, shoulders, gloves, and another 1750 piece.

Arena awards 180 per win and if you get someone who has tanked their rating, the wins go pretty quick.