Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lords of War Part Two - Grommash

Aww yis, new Grom origin lore.
    Last edited by shoc; 2014-09-05 at 06:45 PM.
    You just lost The Game

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn Grom that was some serious Jesus imagery.

Also, assuming he didn't kill Golka but instead insulted her honor as she lay dying? Wow

Thanks to Visenna for the signature.

This one was okay, not sure if I totally like the story. I liked Kargath's better. I hope every warlords story isn't we were enslaved...then we escaped...now we are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the depiction of ogres in these films, not as dumb savages but opulent and decadent warrior-kings. I guess they're closer to the mogu than the modern ogres we've seen - I really want to explore the ogre continent now and see more of their culture.

I don't understand exactly what he says before he kills his woman.

What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoelace72 View Post
    This one was pretty good. Not quite as cool as the Kargath one, but they seemed to have stepped up the voice acting and even the 'animation' a bit this time around, I can see why it took them slightly longer to get this next one out, hopefully the rest will retain this production value.

I'm not quite sure how Grom got down off of the tree, and the the whole "HE BITES HIS NECK TO KILL HIM" was a little too predictable, but I really liked the design of the Ogre and I liked how even he changed a bit (getting slightly older and getting more piercings etc) to reflect that Grom had been tied to the tree for a long ass time. Something about Blizzard seems to make them keep designing Ogre kings/lords/whatever as slightly fancy/effeminate and I'm not complaining for a second.
    Not only did he bite the Ogre Emperor's neck, HE FUCKING EATS HIM RAW. THE WHOLE THING.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoelace72 View Post
    He said "You are a wolf.... without teeth.", then, "All of you!", then he makes a grunt sound, which I think is what you're mistaking as dialogue.

Also, he didn't kill her. He left her to die of her wounds.
    He basically denied her her Warriors' death, because he thought she didn't deserve it. What a guy.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by ZavBE View Post
    thousands of people were crucified by the romans. the ogres have a very roman empire feel to them. nothing to do with jesus.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thousands of people were crucified by the romans. the ogres have a very roman empire feel to them. nothing to do with jesus.
    Also the whole "Sacrifice yourself to absolve your people of their wrong decisions" theme that MU Grom had going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are there two threads on the same topic open?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post29327018

10+ Year Old Account
    It was fuckin incredible. On thing that i wonder is why Grom got Gorehowl after he escape from ogres slavery. Before there is a scene where he charges on ogre with 2 axes, either of them dont look like gorehowl.

the tiny umbrella cracked me up

Loved when Grom freakin ate the ogre (or maybe just rip his neck out, couldn't tell)

10+ Year Old Account

Also, assuming he didn't kill Golka but instead insulted her honor as she lay dying? Wow
    Always got to be jesus with people like you isn't it. You honestly can't think of a single other character or historical figure with crucifixion to there name.

Try reading up about vlad the impaler for death by stick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I don't understand exactly what he says before he kills his woman.

What did he say?
    he didn't kill her, he left her to die.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Also the whole "Sacrifice yourself to absolve your people of their wrong decisions" theme that MU Grom had going on.
    Except, you know, Grom was the first person to make the wrong decision and then made it again when he was completely aware of the consequences. MU Grom's theme was more about him sacrificing himself to atone for his own wrong decisions.

Are ogres usually that well spoken? Am I the only one stumped by this?

Also loving the whole roman/chinese empire theme the ogres are exuding in this episode.
    Last edited by Warhound; 2014-09-05 at 08:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Always got to be jesus with people like you isn't it. You honestly can't think of a single other character or historical figure with crucifixion to there name.

Try reading up about vlad the impaler for death by stick.
    People like you eh? Stay classy, friend.

And in terms of cultural impact for cruxifiction, most people probably think it's a Jesus reference before Vlad the Impaler - who impaled people through their abdomen (and their anus if he didn't like you), whereas Grom was just kinda left to die and rot instead of bleeding out.

But hey, people like me probably don't know what we're talking about!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
    Are ogres usually that well spoken? Am I the only one stumped by this?

Also loving the whole roman/chinese empire theme the ogres are exuding in this episode.

the ogres of Draenor were much more intelligent than what we have on azeroth today

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Seriously digging these smarter Ogres. The tiny umbrella was great, and I love how bizarrely cultured they are. The whole Roman/Chinese Empire is definitely a great theme for them.

Deleted
    loving the series so far, some of the art work is really neat! very similar to the GW2 artwork style imo

still cool!

That Ogre emperor really reminded me of this guy:

Just a little more #savage
    You just lost The Game