Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Going to be honest and say I don't understand this at all.

Are you using BoA's? Are your daggers enchanted with dancing steel? I just leveled a rogue 1-90 in a week in assassination. I just walked around out of stealth and mutilated everything and it died.

One other thing I highly, highly suggest is Glyph of Deadly Momentum. This will help you keep slice and dice up perpetually.

Also for the dude earlier that said leveling a warrior the worst, you're not leveling in prot. Shield slam / revenge kills anything instantly up to level 80. Victory rush = infinite survivabilty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
    Are you using BoA's? Are your daggers enchanted with dancing steel? I just leveled a rogue 1-90 in a week in assassination. I just walked around out of stealth and mutilated everything and it died.
    If you equip full BoA and enchant the weapons with an endgame-enchant (btw. Elemental Blast works even better from 1-80) you can level the rogue without a spec, as you pretty much 3shot everything with autoattacks.

I guess the question asked was about a "traditional" twink, w.o. BoAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    If you equip full BoA and enchant the weapons with an endgame-enchant (btw. Elemental Blast works even better from 1-80) you can level the rogue without a spec, as you pretty much 3shot everything with autoattacks.

I guess the question asked was about a "traditional" twink, w.o. BoAs.
    Fair enough.

I leveled my rogue in cataclysm through combat, as mentioned by a lot of the posters above, with regular gear it's an efficient way to level. I've personally never liked sub, but if it's your thing than go for it.

I do stand by the Glyph of Deadly Momentum, however. Each time you kill a mob that grants exp or honor, it refreshes slice and dice AND Recouperate to their full duration. This makes it so that you don't have to spend combo points on keeping these up nearly as often, and can swiftly move from one enemy to another killing them before your buffs expire.

The other thing, OP, if you've never leveled a rogue before, they are a bit different. A lot of it is about avoiding combat, going straight for quest objectives and getting out. Kill only what you need to to complete a quest, and do kill quests last if possible.

And my last bit, a defense of Assassination as a viable leveling spec : At level 50 the Venomous Wounds passive is VERY nice. It's not just the chance to gain 10 energy when your Rupture deals damage to a poisoned enemy, it has a secondary effect as well.

You run out of energy quickly with Mutilate yes, but it also does a ton of damage; Use your combo points on Rupture, especially if the enemy is almost dead. When the enemy dies, the second part of the Venomous Wounds passive will kick in, restoring energy proportionate to the remaining duration on the bleed. Anything more than 10 seconds and it will almost entirely fill your energy bar.

its pretty easy to level as any spec if your not braindead and have a few BOA items.. I find sub to be the worst though because you cant backstab mobs or ambush them unless their stunned.

at a low level you will feel incredibly energy starved no matter what get use to it.

Combat: Awesome cleaves, you mow down dungeons like a star.

Subtlety: One shotting elites with Ambush? Yes please.

Assassination: "well i mean i guess the poison damage is pretty good"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    its pretty easy to level as any spec if your not braindead and have a few BOA items.. I find sub to be the worst though because you cant backstab mobs or ambush them unless their stunned.
    1) Of course you can Ambush them, as you will be STEALTHED when you ambush.
    2) You don't need to backstab them. 90% of Mobs will not survive the Opener. Those which do, will not survive the eviscerate that follows.
    3) In Dungeons, none of that matters, as you will not be the one targeted by the mob.

at a low level you will feel incredibly energy starved no matter what get use to it.
    No, you wont. The first Talent point goes into Shadow Focus, the first Glyph is Stealth. From this point onward, its an Ambush-Eviscerate Oneshot/Twoshot Festival, that requires next to zero energy to pull of. Please understand the style of game Sub rogues play during leveling: Oneshotting mobs one after another, immediately restealthing as soon as a mob dies and go to the next.

In Dungeons you could be correct, however, Sub has the most stable energy regen of all the rogue specs on low level. I suggest swapping Stealth for Deadly Momentum Glyph in Dungeons, as you will get a lot of lasthits.

I've leveled several rogues, rogue is a fun class in my opinion and i ALWAYS level as Assassination, it's the only spec is believe is FUN to play.
    Even though Assassin is shit @ cleaving, it's probably the best at single target, Not a single time has anyone beaten me in single target as assassination while leveling.

Even though you go out of energy very fast at lower levels, IF you have heirlooms, targets should die with 1 Mutilate >.< once you get around level 50 and you have Rupture and Venomous Wounds you should've be able keep up abit more energy because of Venomous Wounds.

And even at lower levels your poisons deal good damage, even without an AoE, a few auto attacks on different targets and should do be among the top in dungeons assuming you have heirlooms. (obviously there are better classes and specs for AoE, e.g. combat rogue, arms warr etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
    Also for the dude earlier that said leveling a warrior the worst, you're not leveling in prot. Shield slam / revenge kills anything instantly up to level 80. Victory rush = infinite survivabilty.
    Even as Arms w/ heirlooms, you rape everything >.<
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

Quote Originally Posted by Dyminator View Post
    I've leveled several rogues, rogue is a fun class in my opinion and i ALWAYS level as Assassination, it's the only spec is believe is FUN to play.
    Even though Assassin is shit @ cleaving, it's probably the best at single target, Not a single time has anyone beaten me in single target as assassination while leveling.

Even though you go out of energy very fast at lower levels, IF you have heirlooms, targets should die with 1 Mutilate >.< once you get around level 50 and you have Rupture and Venomous Wounds you should've be able keep up abit more energy because of Venomous Wounds.

And even at lower levels your poisons deal good damage, even without an AoE, a few auto attacks on different targets and should do be among the top in dungeons assuming you have heirlooms. (obviously there are better classes and specs for AoE, e.g. combat rogue, arms warr etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Even as Arms w/ heirlooms, you rape everything >.<
    I also feel this way I only play assassination. People say its brain dead boring and like a warrior I think its fun..

Mutilate with BOA daggers you can skip stealth and usually mutilate stuff almost a 1 shot kill at low lvs.
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2014-09-18 at 01:23 AM.

I always level as combat and usually my dps is the highest in dungeons apart from tanks with broken vengeance. Sub is probably the worst in dungeons (lacks the AoE for trash and lacks the sustained for bosses without endgame gear). Assassination should be pretty good, I find it boring but it's very effective and simple. If you're struggling that badly it's likely due to improper envenom management.